Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Date: June 10, 2007 10:27PM

Dear Private eyes,

....forgive me if you already privy to this information, but in addition to the date of birth details, I believe that you'll find that David was born in Rochester, New York State where he attended the Church of the Nazarene in his youth (.....and if only he had just smoked pot, got some girl pregnant and served a jail sentence or two during his youth...what a better place the world might be now!!)

There are two English speaking Churches of the Nazarene listed on the 'net (Trinity and Grace) along with their contact details.....wouldn't his own parents and brothers and sisters make an interesting source of further commentary for any curious media to follow up....(…..and isn’t it just so much easier psychologically to bluster and bully others while your own background remains incognito and thus your own foibles and weaknesses are protected from the pointed critical observation you can engage in (without any risk to yourself), with others….)

(Ahem...)..and umm, Mr and Mrs McKay Could you tell me what exactly you think you'd do to someone who tried to poison your own childrens' minds against you by pretending to have a "truer" relationship with God than you, deliberately alienating them from you through personal slander based on an abusive take on a small number of "proof" verses in scripture...

(A minute later...)

Oh, you'd do THAT would you!.....aah... could we kind of "re-word" that....otherwise we won't be able to go to print with it....and by the way, speaking of someone you know well...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: matilda ()
Date: June 11, 2007 05:36AM

The link to Ash's Anatomy again

[www.abc.net.au]

I heard that Dave is afraid that someone will steal his identity. Can you imagine.... Two Daves!!

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 11, 2007 10:10AM

private eyes
My copy of Survivors states that the author was Zion Ben Jonah and it was edited by David Mc Kay. Therefore, it suggests two people were involved in writing the book. Has David stated that he is also Zion Ben Jonah ie he's used a false name or are you just asuming he has?

I'm assuming Dave wrote the book because, I assume, he does most of the writing for the group. My point is, based on much earlier posts on this thread by Dave, that he is being blatantly hypocritical about authors using pseudonyms. Those who can recall (and those who go back to Dave's posts on this thread), will note that one of his main criticisms of this forum was people hiding behind pseudonyms (fake names, etc).

I'm pretty sure that Z. Ben Jonah is a pseudonym. I'm just peeved at the double standard of McKay (not that I'm surprised).

PS: BTW, I have no problem with people using pseudonyms. Each to their own.

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 11, 2007 01:51PM

Jack, I assume your right. But I also assume that if David chose to say he wasn't Zion Ben Jonah, then I assume he could then accuse you of making a false accusation against him ie that he's using a pseudonym. I assume you can see where I am going with this :)

Posted by: private eyes ()
Date: June 11, 2007 02:14PM

Malcolm, Thank you for your input. I have enjoyed reading your posts and admire your courage for literally putting your name on the line to expose David McKay. I thought your explanation of the difficulty people face leaving a cult as contained in the Australian Story was extremely poignant and one of the best I've read and I have read a few. But enough of the flattery.

Well it seems I've whipped up (no pun intended) quite a storm at the Jesus Christians website. Dave's got me pegged as a stalker, someone trying to get access to some personal files and an identity thief. Yeh, like I really want my new identity to be, David Mc Kay, cult leader.

He's also talking about taking legal action againgst people.

Defamation cases work on the principal that you have a good reputation that needs to be protected from false claims. I can just see him at the lawyers office. The lawyer says, "I will just Google your name to see what good reputation we are trying to protect"!

David loves throwing out a challenge to people to get the cold hard facts on him. If he reacts so badly to people wanting his date of birth, I better not go asking how tall he is, less he gets the wrong idea.

I am only sorry that Dave also took the opportunity on his website to slander Kate, when she replied to my request. We don't know each other and haven't communicated, so I apologise to her if her attempt to be helpful has caused her more stress.

Posted by: matilda ()
Date: June 11, 2007 03:17PM

It is in the introduction or editorial to the book. ' My name is not Zion' it says and explains that Zion is based on a character called Tsion in Tim Le Hayes bestselling book which Dave contradicts.

It goes on
' there will, I believe be truth in this book which you have never read elsewhere. It is my firm conviction that I have been inspired by God as I have written it................ I will try to tell you what you need to know in order to be prepared for what is almost certainly going to happen on earth in the next few years'

The editorial ends with his name Dave McKay

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: June 11, 2007 07:23PM

FYI--If Dave McKay did seek to sue someone for slander, libel etc. he would have quite a burden of proof.

As a public figure, which he has sought to be, he must not only prove a statement is false, he must also prove it was made with "malicious intent."

BTW--A federal judge made it clear that he would not allow for the discovery of any person's name posting on this Web site anonymously when Landmark Education sued this site.

Landmark later dismissed its own lawsuit.

See [www.culteducation.com]

IMO--McKay won't sue anyone.

Posted by: Jack Oskar Larm ()
Date: June 12, 2007 06:45AM

private eyes
Jack, I assume your right. But I also assume that if David chose to say he wasn't Zion Ben Jonah, then I assume he could then accuse you of making a false accusation against him ie that he's using a pseudonym. I assume you can see where I am going with this :)

I'm not making false accusations. I'm simply asking the question in a context that is relevant to this thread. It's really a matter of understanding McKay's integrity. At this stage, with the little evidence I have, it would seem he is a very leaky boat!

And, I agree, McKay would not sue ... and if he did, it would only add further material for this thread.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: June 12, 2007 07:20PM

Bully boy Dave up to his old tricks with the mother of Ashwyn. Note this snippet from his forum.

[i:7c82c6eac4]Anyway, we've asked her to get Nick to contact the ABC and have the lies about me making $200,000 a year deleted from their forum and guest book, and to get Nick to sign the jesuschristian web sites over to us, on the understanding that he will not do this again. If there is any sincerity at all on their part, this should be considered a very generous offer on our part.

Kate has also indicated that she will no longer post on the Rick Ross web site. She says that she has not had direct contact with any of the other posters on that site. We find that a bit hard to believe, considering what others have told us; but we will await further action on her part and on Nick's part before we decide how we will proceed from here.[/i:7c82c6eac4]

Whatever happened to freedom of speech and association? It is obvious in Dave's world there is none. I really feel for these guys. Dave is an absolute bully. It looks like the mother was subjected to a JC in-terror-gation and forced to comply under threat of legal action, but I would not be surprised if it was more an act of desperation to get to see her son.

Posted by: apostate ()
Date: June 12, 2007 07:27PM

Look at what some dickhead has said about Ash's mother on the JC forum.

[i:aac7cd1694]Maybe Ash's mum just enjoys the attention she is getting that her son has joined a non-mainstream religious group... maybe she is an ego maniac that is lapping up sympathy? From what somebody said she has re-married... which we all know what that means anyway... she is satans whore and disobeyed the commandments. She probably needs an exorcism...[/i:aac7cd1694]

Dave's response:

[i:aac7cd1694]What're you on, mate? You got a bit carried away there! Lol.[/i:aac7cd1694]

Have a good laugh Dave. The laughter at the end of the so called moderation of the above railing shows what you really think. We can all see what type of person you REALLY are, and it certainly isn't godly.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.