Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 15, 2011 01:03AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 22, 2011 11:05PM

Apollo
Am I right in saying Rheinhart was an illegal immigrant when he was grooming Joe?

Date: August 22, 2011 11:05PM

We're back!

EDIT: When you quote someone the post appears without any problems. When you create your own without quoting anyone the screen goes blank, but the post still appears.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2011 11:08PM by Apollo.

Date: September 08, 2011 04:00AM

Blackhat
For examples of Dave upsetting X-Family members by downplaying the crimes of the COG, go to

[www.newdaynews.com]

and use the search facility in the left hand tool-bar to search Dave McKay.

The site doesn't give url's for search results, and I don't want to clog up this thread with large extracts (Mo's letters were enough!) but they all make for interesting reading.

Thank you, Blackhat!

Re: Australian cult: Anyone recognize this?
Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: September 18, 2011 09:22AM

zeuszor
I'll tell you about the abuse dynamic that I witnessed during my trial week in Dallas...

Besides the fact that everybody smelled like garbage (red flag 1), they all appeared emaciated (red flag 2), and there were, I'd say, 12-15 of them (four kids) in that two-room apartment (with some sleeping in the camper), here's another thing I noticed: the CONTROL they were all under.

The group was eating lunch together, and I declined to eat, as I had decided to fast that day. Fran was clearly the man in charge, as he sat at the front of the room and was asking me questions, etc. It seemed like he was the only one allowed to speak, he and Sue, who was also there at the time. nobody else asked me anything. I remember thinking that Annette seemed somehow uncomfortable, like she was embarrassed about something, but I didn't know how to interpret her body language. She just seemed...uncomfortable. At one point Ufuoma said to me, "Why don't you get some food? You don't know what you're missing." as she smiled, rubbed her stomach and relished another bite. Fran said to her sharply, "Don't say that!" and shot her this cold look. Ufuoma looked down at the floor. That disturbed me. Why should he care what she said to who, and then tell her not to speak, I thought?

During the "Bible study" (which was really just Fran reading the article he just wrote, which I recall was titled "No More Mr. nice Guy." I remember it seemed very structured and that nobody was talking except Fran. There was no discussion, only Fran giving what seemed to me to be a rather angry homily about rebellion against the established norms.

I just started noticing lots of little things that added up, the secrecy (I asked Fran if there was a leader for the group, or who runs it, and he told me that David was the longest-standing member and a highly respected member of the community, but the JCs have no real "leaders" and that everything is decided by popular vote) the way that Fran seemed really suspicious of me (this was around the time that the Ronson article was published)
the way Fran seemed to control who could speak and who could not, and the fact that they were all obviously malnourished and stank, yeah, I thought the whole picture was super-spooky and abruptly left. Best decision I ever mae in my life.

And I have never forgotten them and have followed DM's antics ever since. I have studies this real closely. He is getting worse.
I believe that he is dangerous.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Date: September 18, 2011 09:43PM

Ahhh....! Fran faithfully imitating McKay then....Ufoma clearly not a designated leader and hence should not as much as even ("disrespectfully")initiate conversation...Yes, that sounds sick enough to be them!

Date: January 08, 2012 04:36AM

zeuszor
All that I ask is that you answer my questions David, point by point.

Then I will go away.

1. Dave says marriage is not really the preferable thing to do and that being single is somehow the better way to be. OK. So why isn't Dave single and why doesn't he seperate from Cherry?

2. Why wasn't Dave the first "JC" to give up a kidney?

3. Is there any group of Christians other than the "Jesus Christians" that Dave would consider Biblically and spiritually the equal of JCs in practice and beliefs? If so what is the name and location of that group?

4) Can you think of an instance in which you were in the wrong, or in which somebody's criticism of your behavior was valid?

5) Obviously The Jesus Christians are a controversial group to some people. Please tell me in your own words why ex-members tend to be critical of your group, and what their main objections are?

6) How do you feel about former members of your group? Have you ever sat down to speak with a former member to find out why they left? If not, why not? Does your group impose restrictions on communicating with former members?

7) Do you think that there is anything valid about what any of your critics has to say, or is anybody who questions you simply delusional? How do you account for all of the disgruntled ex-members?

8 ) Do you believe that in a given situation that the ends justify the means? Is deception allowed in certain circumstances?

bump

Date: January 09, 2012 05:10PM

Several years later and Zeuszor is still waiting for an answer. Quelle surprise!

Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay, the "True Belivers"
Date: March 09, 2012 04:28AM

Bump*

Date: March 15, 2012 05:53AM

zeuszor
This place is believed to be a JC/McKay-affiliated front organization, or "outreach" program. Further research is warranted. It's a ministry called Apostolic Gates of Praise, and is located in a California strip mall. The McKays have strong ties to the Sacramento area.

[www.chamberofcommerce.com]

In the LA area, they have been known to frequent a ministry called "Gates of Praise" (it is in Carson).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.