Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: October 01, 2012 05:16AM

Thanks everyone! We'll get there. The blog is getting a lot of hits, and I would love you to comment or add a post if you have time.

Jasmin, you're welcome to write in German on [universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au] . It may help some other German speakers (and you) if you talk about your experience. We may even find a volunteer among our readers to translate your words into English for the English speakers. I have added a 'Google translator' button to the blog, which may help too. It seems to work pretty well from what I know of a couple of other languages.

Willow, that video is fabulous, LOLLLLLL. So spot on. Can I steal it? It'll save me writing about 20 blog posts. LOL

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: October 01, 2012 05:16AM

Willow.Sunshine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxJyfqeaKU8

I have just watched the above video on Youtube. It is worth watching as while funny really describes UM's antics to a tee.

Hi Willow, yes it does. Except the killing for the cult ( so far)

The process is quite well documented and pro-forma, but I think we need to admit that Serge has come up with a winning formula by combining thought reform and healing which creates this perfect storm of receptivity to his reconditioning process. I had been discussing this was a cult expert recently and they too are quite impressed with his system. So a little on that.

Serge uses massage and healing to induce heightened receptivity and to help switch off critical thought. By relaxing the recruit, say in a one-on-one session, or at a workshop or retreat in a group, they are overwhelmed with a sense of 'well-being' and 'love [for themselves]' which is then 'linked psychologically' to an cleansing and reprogramming process.

In the first instance, Serge works to remove current thinking and beliefs- roles 'imposed' by family, partners, society- current paradigm beliefs ( or understanding) such as evolution, science, intellect, emotions and so forth- By challenging each of those he 'empties the vessel'- this is done at outer layers such as EDG's, and lower level workshops. As you move towards more 'advanced' levels, Serge them 'refills' the student with his ideas and aspirations- effectively reprogramming them.

The massage/healing component is the key to his success for a few reasons. Firstly people are coming for a treatment due to some stress or crisis. They are therefore by definition receptive. When being treated, they become more so. (try not walking out of any treatment/massage feeling good- that is the reason we go) The feeling they start to associate with UM is "positive" and they become addicted to getting more. Hence why all the swaps, treatments, rushing to retreats and workshops. This is not possible to recreate yourself.

Finally, Serge is running a sort of Bait and Switch operation. Many students start thinking they are learning 'energy healing' and end up in a doctrinal course. Rather than sitting in a stuffy room all day being lectured and cajoled like many cults do with their members, these students are mutually pleasuring each other while Serge gently whispers his hodge-podge ( so called Ancient) doctrine of fear into their now overly receptive ears.

He has deconstructed their roles, their lives and their belief systems and now he can rebuild them in his Image. And the kicker is he gets them to pay for the privilege. Over and over again.

Of course if any of them realised for a moment that they were being led simply by a man deluded, most likely sociopathic, patently less than honest, and definitely narcissistic they would stop..... or would they?

Problem is the pain and pleasure principle is at work here. For the student ( devotee) there is much pleasure in remaining a member. Group support, love ins, a (false) sense of certainty, mutual 'clearing' ( pleasure) sessions. They have already gone through a lot of 'pain'- re described by Serge as clearing or letting go of things that don't serve you ( food, family, music, life)- and the PAIN of admitting that the decision was wrong and perhaps confronting the truth of life is monumental. Pleasure trumps Pain every time.

That is why the members remain steadfast as more and more layers peel away revealing the true Serge. When the pain of sticking by him exceeds the pleasure, then the group will fracture.

Footnote: there is about 1-2 members a week seeking cult counselling, so clearly that pain is starting to take hold
thanks for your post Willow.

Re: Universal medicine blog
Date: October 01, 2012 05:25AM

Nofooliam
[universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au]

Good on ya VenusDarkly for your blog on UM- more transparency is needed and your blog provides much needed info to the public. If you get hammered by one of UM's lawyers, please let us know on this forum, as many anti-UM blogs have mysteriously disappeared never to be seen again.....
My blog won't be going anywhere. We can back up everything we're saying. They won't take us to court because they'll lose. Also I'm backing the blog up on several servers. They won't hack it either. I'm also sitting here in UMA headquarters in steel plated pyjamas, and a helmet with horns.

And thanks.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: October 02, 2012 01:11PM

Hi All,

Please find a quote from Jeannie Mills a (Ex - member of The People's Temple) on the Cult Counselling Australia web site.

About Cults:

"When you meet the friendliest people you have ever known, who introduce you to the most loving group of people you've ever encountered, and you find the leader to be the most inspired, caring, compassionate and understanding person you've ever met, and then you learn the cause of the group is something you never dared hope could be accomplished, and all of this sounds too good to be true-it probably is too good to be true! Don't give up your education, your hopes and ambitions to follow a rainbow."

Who does this sound like - Serge Benhayon and Universal Medicine.....broken promises and false hopes a dangerous organisation a CULT.

Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: October 02, 2012 08:15PM

As quoted from the blog site - "Words From The Families of Universal Medicine Students" a statement about Serge and Universal Medicine -

August 2012 10:26

My partner and I have a family which is being torn apart currently in the UK by his work. We have children, and until my partner found this man, we were happy, loving, joyful, and my partner was looking for something to fill them spiritually. Now I have to watch over my children in case their words are difficult for them to understand, and upset them. They have gone from being a loving parent to a stranger who doesn't like giving kind words or encouragement. We can't go to family parties or gatherings as there may be drink. My beautiful partner has only words about Serge. His way. My home is full of symbols, and full of confusion. Food has become the enemy. Emotions are frowned upon. My children watch as their family is being shut down. All over one man and his powerful words about the right way to Love. Serge you speak about feeling the truth. I feel. My children feel. And all we feel is hurt and sadness because you have driven their world, their parent away. Despite what you say, we will continue to try to love them, and to steer them back to us. Every day I wake up, I forget about you, and then I remember. Once I had a beautiful life. You have taken that from me, my children. I cannot forgive you, yet I don't know you. Just your evil work that has broken so many hearts. That is the truth. I pray now. I pray that you are found out, and your work is shut down, so that people can continue to love one another in the true sense of the word LOVE.

Posted by: HowDoesItHappen ()
Date: October 02, 2012 09:55PM

I love the page on the new blog called 'Naming Names'

[universalmedicineaccountability.blogspot.com.au]

I noticed a couple of practitioners that I know of weren't listed so I mentioned them in the comments section. Within a couple of hours their names had been added.

I urge everyone to visit and add any practitioners that you know of who aren't yet listed.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: October 02, 2012 10:20PM

To whom it may concern:

Controversial groups like UM often threaten lawsuits. At times lawsuits are filed against perceived enemies by controversial groups called "cults" as a form of harassment. This is often predicated upon the strategy that the legal bills to defend such an action will force a critic to take down information and/or close down an offending Web site.

The Ross Institute has been sued five times by various groups including Landmark Education, The Church of Immortal Consciousness, Pure Bride Ministries, Gentle Wind Project and NXIVM.

All of these lawsuits failed.

None of these lawsuits ever even went to trial, i.e. all but one to date were dismissed as a result of motions filed before a trial was scheduled.

NXIVM, which has been suing the Ross Institute for about ten years unsuccessfully, has seen most of its claims dismissed, despite appeals all the way to the United States Supreme Court. That lawsuit is still going, but hanging on by a thread.

All legal expenses to defend the Ross Institute throughout the various lawsuits cited was provided by law firms and public interest groups in the United States pro bono, which means at no charge. Those that helped included the Harvard University Berkman Center, Public Citizen in Washington D.C., some very large and highly respected law firms and individual attorneys in various jurisdictions. NXIVM v. Ross has actually established legal precedent now cited in other litigation regarding the "fair use" exception concerning copyright law in the US. That is, the use of material under copyright without consent and despite a confidentiality agreement, which is done in the public interest.

In the Landmark Education lawsuit filed against the Ross Institute this message board was a focus of special interest. Landmark hoped to discover the identity of anonymous members of this board posting critical comments about the company and its practices. However, all efforts to do so failed.

In the United States public message boards like this one are afforded specific protection through a United States Federal Court ruling Donato v. Moldow, which holds that the operator of a public message board is not liable for its content (user posts) and is not obligated to disclose the identity of anonymous users.

See [w2.eff.org]

To see more information regarding the lawsuits filed against the Ross Institute click on the following links:

Landmark Education lawsuit [www.culteducation.com]

NXIVM lawsuit [www.culteducation.com]

Gentle Wind lawsuit [www.culteducation.com]

Church of Immortal Consciousness lawsuit [www.culteducation.com]

Pure Bride Ministries lawsuit [www.culteducation.com]

The Ross Institute message board has been up and running for a decade with almost 100,000 posts and counting.

Almost every month someone or some group threatens to sue over something on this board and/or in the Web site archives.

Nothing has been taken down in response to such threats, unless the rules of the message board were somehow broken by the member's posted comments and this was correctly brought to the attention of administrators.

To better understand the rules see [forum.culteducation.com]

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: October 03, 2012 12:16AM

It's tragic to read this, and there are many other similar stories on that page. I have every sympathy for everyone who has been touched by this group. What is reassuring is that so many people are now coming forward, here on RRF, on blogs, and in the media to share their stories. This will help many others from falling in to the UM trap and hopefully, open a small door in the hearts of those involved to take a second to examine why so many people are reporting such pain in their lives as a result of Universal Medicine. Here's a link to where that quote comes from:

http://wordsonsergebenhayon.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/invitiation-to-add-your-voice.html#comment-form

John lazuras
As quoted from the blog site - "Words From The Families of Universal Medicine Students" a statement about Serge and Universal Medicine -

August 2012 10:26

My partner and I have a family which is being torn apart currently in the UK by his work. We have children, and until my partner found this man, we were happy, loving, joyful, and my partner was looking for something to fill them spiritually. Now I have to watch over my children in case their words are difficult for them to understand, and upset them. They have gone from being a loving parent to a stranger who doesn't like giving kind words or encouragement. We can't go to family parties or gatherings as there may be drink. My beautiful partner has only words about Serge. His way. My home is full of symbols, and full of confusion. Food has become the enemy. Emotions are frowned upon. My children watch as their family is being shut down. All over one man and his powerful words about the right way to Love. Serge you speak about feeling the truth. I feel. My children feel. And all we feel is hurt and sadness because you have driven their world, their parent away. Despite what you say, we will continue to try to love them, and to steer them back to us. Every day I wake up, I forget about you, and then I remember. Once I had a beautiful life. You have taken that from me, my children. I cannot forgive you, yet I don't know you. Just your evil work that has broken so many hearts. That is the truth. I pray now. I pray that you are found out, and your work is shut down, so that people can continue to love one another in the true sense of the word LOVE.

Date: October 03, 2012 09:17AM

Thanks rrmoderator for that extremely interesting post on lawsuits. We're confident Australian law and regulatory authorities are on our side. We're receiving advice.

Date: October 04, 2012 08:51AM

Hey guys, sorry I've been off the radar, just wanted to stop in quickly to say a big thank you to everyone here contributing and sharing your accounts on Universal Medicine and Serge Benhayon. You've helped me get my brother back and SB's 2,000 followers just dropped to 1,999. Keep up the good work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.