Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 21, 2012 08:37PM

Another message to new members: Willow, Sunshine, anyone else:

The rules of this message board (and this includes PM private messaging) state:

"This forum is not a place for advertising or business promotions. Helpful relevant links posted are appreciated, but please don't post links for the purpose of promotion".

[forum.culteducation.com]

No person who is a true and ethical member of the helping professions will ever use this message board to recruit you into his or her practice or any workshops or encourage subscriptions to his or her services.

If you have questions please PM Mr Rick Ross, owner of this website and moderator of this message board.

[forum.culteducation.com]

Full disclosure:

Corboy is a private citizen, with no professional credentials.

In any doubtful case, I advise people to consult Mr Rick Ross, owner of this website, for referrals.

In my ten years as a writer here, I have not earned a penny by doing so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John lazuras ()
Date: September 21, 2012 08:54PM

HowDoesItHappen
Hi all,

Firstly, thanks to Willow.Sunshine for adding a voice and sharing their experiences.

I just wanted to share a thought I had about the interactions with a UM devotee. It is easy to see them as the enemy when they are constantly attacking you. But I liken it to fighting child soldiers in a war (not that I have any idea what that is like so I'm probably just talking s***). If child soldiers are shooting bullets at you, trying to kill you, are they really the enemy?

Of course they're not. They are victims as much as the people they are aiming at are. They are manipulated into fighting another man's war. Much like our loved ones who have been manipulated into fighting one man's war. While that man sits in his castle, insulated by his family and inner circle.

I'm not sure how you measure cowardice, but that's got to be right up there.

And what are most wars waged for? Greed. One man's (and maybe the inner circle's) greed.

I'm not sure I agree with the school of thought that Serge is delluded. My opinion is that the whole system is too well designed with too many deceptions for the designer to not be acutely aware of his every action, and the motives of each action. To say that he actually believes any of what he preaches is taking away some of his resposibility for the evil he is propogating.

These are, of course, just my opinions, but I feel better putting them out there.

And do we have a current estimation on how many relationships have been destroyed by UM? We can probably add one more very soon. Unless I can pull a rabbit out of a hat. I recently pulled a hare out my arse, so you never know...

HDIH

Hi HDIH,

You are correct in what you are saying here, our loved ones though they are attacking us with what we say about UM they are also a casualty of this too.

Let’s get this straight all the UM cult followers who have contributed to the blogs talk about the LOVE of UM and the goodness that it is doing to THEM. We all know, what the followers portray is not what actually happens as we have first handed seen the negative changes that occur to our loved ones. It is all about THEM and not their partner or family ….this is what Serge and UM teach them.

I am not a vindictive person, I am not an angry or abusive person (as we have been portrayed) but what I am is a person who has a great amount of LOVE for my partner and I have always believed that UM beliefs and practices are dangerous and evil to the individual and to a family unit.

I am here for the love and protection of my partner to hopefully one day she will see UM for the big rip off con that it is and return to the normal world and live life to the fullest and enjoy life.

I know what people contribute to this forum is a 100% correct because what they write about their experiences are the same experiences what I have witnessed. As stated by WillowSunshine that this site:

“ is helping me to gain confidence in the feelings I had about UM and I am sure that others are reading as well and beginning to wake up”

We the contributors to this forum need to ensure that people that are involved or are looking at being involved gain an understanding of what UM is really about.

Look at the recent media attention over the last couple of months, the news networks (paper /radio / TV) all have come up with the same conclusion (after looking into both sides of the story) about UM, there are problems with their practices and beliefs and it is a CULT.
The TGA have ordered UM to remove goods that were advertising as having some medical remedy to be removed from sale and now the HCCC has concerns over UM.

I best describe UM as follows:
We have captain Serge (crazy little dude) steering this mighty ship / organisation and he has his inner circle working on this ship - kids, wife, ex-wife and Chris James for entertainment ( though I don’t think he provides good entertainment) and many paying customers / followers that pay to attend the functions with this organisation, but the ship has a leak ( various news story saying it is a cult / broken marriages / weird diets / can cure medical problems) and has started taking on water but the ship is just able to keep itself from sinking but some of the customers / followers are a little worried about what they have seen and been exposed to on the ship and they start abandoning the ship ………….. in time the ship takes on more water as more is exposed and the ship starts to sink some will stay with the ship and keep the faith going but by now many have realized that they have been a part of one of the biggest cons / manipulations in life and they jump from the ship waiting to be rescued and helped, which they will be by the LOVING family and friends that come and rescue them and give them the support to get their lives back on track. The ones that stay with the ship will sink and go down with the Captain – Serge (that crazy little dude at the wheel).

In time those paying followers the majority of them (even the doctors / physiotherapists / psychologists and dentists) that all have given glowing recommendations of the almighty Captain Serge will all look back at the time they have spent with this organisation and ask themselves “what have I done, how stupid I am, I have lost my husband / wife and family, I have paid out thousands of $$$$$, I look frail and sickly looking (just look at Serges latest photo –not a picture of a healthy person living a healthy life), I have no friends outside of UM, I have no life, I have lost my career …….and realize that they have made the biggest mistakes of their lives to be involved in this CULT.

As LTTM states “Does anyone here think Serge will reinvent UM a bit. Just like politics they look at the polls and change policies. Do you think Serge will do that to keep the business running, or does he believe truely in what he is selling. Umm I wonder.”

I agree with VenusDarkly here Serge will not change his way he needs to stand up in front of the followers at the EDG / Retreats / courses and have his ego stroked when the faithful applause him …………from this he will feel strong and vindicated on what he preaches to the followers……he is lost in this crazy world that he has created………………….as Venus states SB = BS.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: September 21, 2012 10:32PM

Welcome Willow.Sunshine, and thanks for sharing your experiences. It's been really great to see new people coming forward and being open about how UM has affected their lives. Every person that stands and tells their story up helps many others gain the confidence to do so themselves, and be sure in the knowledge that you have done just that.

I look forward to hearing more from you...

Willow.Sunshine
Hello, I have been reading this bog for a while now and have found it to be very interesting and supportive. I became involved with UM and some of the teachings I found bizarre as they did not resonate as being any more truthful then say Reiki, however others really made sense and were self explanatory. I had issues to deal with, depression, bereavement etc. and began to feel really supported, I therefore became a bit more relaxed and more chilled out, however I started to question in my head some of the ethics. I was already at the point where I thought this must be pranic energy creeping into my body so started to think that I must take more care of myself. I reminded myself of something that UM teaches, which is to go with your feelings, the first feeling you have about something is normally correct and my first feeling was, as stated earlier “bizarre” I worked with this and have continued to monitor how UM works.

Basically I have concluded that they are a money making machine. Even if you know nothing about UM, but were asked to look at the setup it would probably stand out as being a little odd that everyone in the family is “in the business” and making money from it.

I have done many courses and workshops with UM and have to say the ones at the beginning helped me gain my strength back from a very challenging time in my life, but a lot of the teachings are borrowed from other places, once my self esteem was back I refused to keep battering myself and I wanted to enjoy what made me feel good, like the occasional cup of milky coffee and a biscuit. These can be dairy and gluten free, but you still feel guilt as you have been conditioned to understand that you are feeding the spirit, or you are in comfort and not dealing with your issues. The problem here is that yes, if this is all you eat and are suffering from something, for example like obesity then yes you could be hiding from something, or eating for comfort so as not to deal with the real world, in these cases you may need some genuine support from a qualified professional but if you eat a healthy diet then the occasional treat with friends is fun and makes life special.

Some of the signs that show it is all about money are as follows:

1. All other modalities (other types of massage, aromatherapy etc.) are pranic so if you want to heal yourself it is UM or nothing.
2. Only read UM Books as these will bring you back to yourself – other books are pranic or for escapism
3. To feel real brotherhood, go on retreat
4. Only listen to Glorious Music by the Benhayon’s
5. On each course Serge mentions something from the previous workshop, which makes you feel that you have to do them all (even if you have done them before) so that you don’t miss something.
6. There is always a teaser, i.e. “ I will present more on that next time”
7. At the end of sessions you are given something to “work on” you always want to book another session to see if you have improved in that area.

I have recently been analyzing my experiences with UM and would encourage others to do the same as life is about finding your own path, while UM cleverly makes you initially believe they are teaching you this, you then end up being controlled and following hundreds of others down a path that is lined with money destined for UM.

When I am ready I will share more of my experiences, but please keep adding to this blog as it is helping me to gain confidence in the feelings I had about UM and I am sure that others are reading as well and beginning to wake up.

Date: September 22, 2012 06:14AM

Corboy makes a good point about the people lurking to grab members on their way out.

I know of two ex members who are only recently out and they both have had people approach them from JW's and other groups offering 'support'

In both these cases it is incidental- but it shows you how easy it would be to fall from UM into another group.

We have to keep in mind that these people are looking for something and aren't necessarily disagreeing with the doctrine ( or what we would think are strange baseless ideas) They might simply start to seeing through Serge and still think some of the ideas have basis.

As one ex member told me the other day. " I am seeing the world a different way- in some ways it is more exciting, with lots of possibilities, but there is a part of me wondering what it is all about..."

Members thinking of leaving and reclaiming your lives: Take care not to take counsel from people or groups you don't know. You will need counselors who are familiar with what happens when you leave a group such as UM.

If you would like to be pointed in that direction, send me or anyone on this board a Private Message and we will be happy to assist.

We have no agenda other than caring for our families.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: September 22, 2012 06:02PM

The latest from the UM Propaganda Machine:
Mainstream medicos and Universal Medicine— September 20, 2012 by Victoria Lister, MBus(Philanthropy&NpSt), Brisbane, Australia
I find it curious that the Courier Mail has chosen to highlight the relationships Universal Medicine enjoys with the many respected medical practitioners who refer their clients to Universal Medicine practitioners for complementary health services (New age ‘medicine’ of Serge Benhayon leaves trail of broken families, 8 Sept, 2012).
Elsewhere in the media – in the press, online and on TV ­– an array of journalists have strongly inferred, if not overtly stated, that the services the organisation and its practitioners deliver are nothing short of quackery; sound bites from well-known medical commentators have been used to bolster these claims.
Yet here, the fact that increasing numbers of mainstream medicos are actually choosing to refer clients to Universal Medicine is clearly stated: ‘Universal Medicine… is drawing a growing number of clients to its Brisbane clinic via referrals from eye and lung surgeons, rheumatologists and GPs’. ­And earlier: Universal Medicine is ‘…expanding its… enterprise with the help of Brisbane’s medical mainstream’.
We can infer from these statements that a growing number of doctors actually see merit in the modalities Universal Medicine offers: endorsements that are stunning counterpoints to the portrayals mentioned above.
So which is it to be? Universal Medicine practitioners as new-age quacks; or a Universal Medicine that offers something so significant that doctors and surgeons are now directing their clients its services?
It seems the Courier Mail, in its haste to deliver a sensationalist piece of weekend news, has been clumsy in its attempt to malign the organisation. It has instead endorsed it.

Thanks for that Victoria, or can we call you Tricky Vicky?

So how about you publish a list of the names of mainstream medicos who are 'choosing' to refer clients to UM?

I'm sure they'll be only too happy to put their names to an endorsement of UniMed's impeccable integrity and professionalism. Better still, how about some testimonials from these wise doctors on all of the postive results they've seen from 'Esoteric Healing' - all of the symptoms and ailments that have been resolved, and the returns to robust good health they've seen in their patients. Hm?

Or are they for the most part not aware that when they refer a patient for physiotherapy for example, for back pain, for example, the poor soul is going to have their craniosacral pulse read, followed by a lot of tut tutting, and a recommendation for six more sessions, followed by a referral to a cult affiliated counsellor who will tell them they're not living in truth & lovingness (sic) and 'since you're such a mess you'd better sign up for a workshop'...Only to find, after all of that, oh yes, they still have that back pain, but now they also feel inadequate and miserable and are at least several hundred dollars out of pocket?

How many doctors are referring to UniMed again? Sorry, doctors AND surgeons. As one of our readers commented, 6 hardly constitutes the mainstream. Or even 12 or 20 or 50. But it's not that many is it? And those numbers are plummeting as UniMed's name turns deservedly to mud.

By the way, Vicky, how's that graduate degree in Philanthropy and Non Profit Studies working for you? Nice to see you're overseeing the Serge Benhayon Semi-starved Millionaire Halucination and Breast Fetish Distress Fund. You go girl!

Have you done anything for poor people lately, Vicky? You know, the one's who are sending themselves and their families to the wall funneling their hard earned $$$$ into the workshop mouse wheel vortex of unreality called Universal Medicine?

And now a word from another of Serge's Lieutenants of Apologism: Victoria Carter September 20, 2012 at 9:47 am Thank-you Victoria. You present the simple truth so very beautifully. There is indeed great ‘merit’ in the modalities offered by Universal Medicine, and it is inspirational to be a part of the communication and interaction between mainstream medicine and esoteric medicine, which occurs simply due to practitioners and physicians who truly care about one thing – people.

And which people would those be, Tricky Vicky Mach II? The partners, families and friends abandoned by students because they're too lowly and pranic to warrant their care.

Or when you mention people, do you mean Serge and his closed circuit of blindfolded apologists?

Name the doctors Vicky.

Posted by: VenusDarkly ()
Date: September 22, 2012 06:21PM

And this chestnut from an anonymous Apologist -- Vicky Mach III probably. (They all look the same after a while):

Our tendency to blame others and the freedom responsibility brings — September 22, 2012 by Anonymous
Accepting responsibility, being that our choices shape our lives, has become such a distant notion for many, that to return to it may feel like a very strenuous exercise; though it is an exercise that we can all ‘roll up our sleeves’ for, and make it our choice; there is the possibility of tremendous freedom and power in this. UniMed students are a bunch of people who are NOT ‘holier than thou’, but instead folks who are taking responsibility to a different, deeper level in their lives.

Yes, such a 'different, deeper level' it has no connection to reality at all.

Now that's freedom.

Date: September 22, 2012 06:56PM

VenusDarkly
And this chestnut from an anonymous Apologist -- Vicky Mach III probably. (They all look the same after a while):

Our tendency to blame others and the freedom responsibility brings — September 22, 2012 by Anonymous
Accepting responsibility, being that our choices shape our lives, has become such a distant notion for many, that to return to it may feel like a very strenuous exercise; though it is an exercise that we can all ‘roll up our sleeves’ for, and make it our choice; there is the possibility of tremendous freedom and power in this. UniMed students are a bunch of people who are NOT ‘holier than thou’, but instead folks who are taking responsibility to a different, deeper level in their lives.

Now that's freedom.

And in fact, the statement is glaringly holier than thou. The author is saying in total contradiction to what they purport to mean, that she has some patent on responsibility and a deeper understanding than other [I guess , pranic ]'folk'- what errant contradictory nonsense.

And just to point out, again the language is all Serge- who do we know who uses "Roll up our sleeves" and "tendency to blame others" almost as adjectives in their writings and rantings. Ah yes, one Serge Benhayon. I ask Author, why cant you take responsibility to speak with the freedom of your own voice??

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: September 22, 2012 07:00PM

VenusDarkly
The latest from the UM Propaganda Machine:
Mainstream medicos and Universal Medicine— September 20, 2012 by Victoria Lister, MBus(Philanthropy&NpSt), Brisbane, Australia
I find it curious that the Courier Mail has chosen to highlight the relationships Universal Medicine enjoys with the many respected medical practitioners who refer their clients to Universal Medicine practitioners for complementary health services (New age ‘medicine’ of Serge Benhayon leaves trail of broken families, 8 Sept, 2012).
Elsewhere in the media – in the press, online and on TV ­– an array of journalists have strongly inferred, if not overtly stated, that the services the organisation and its practitioners deliver are nothing short of quackery; sound bites from well-known medical commentators have been used to bolster these claims.
Yet here, the fact that increasing numbers of mainstream medicos are actually choosing to refer clients to Universal Medicine is clearly stated: ‘Universal Medicine… is drawing a growing number of clients to its Brisbane clinic via referrals from eye and lung surgeons, rheumatologists and GPs’. ­And earlier: Universal Medicine is ‘…expanding its… enterprise with the help of Brisbane’s medical mainstream’.
We can infer from these statements that a growing number of doctors actually see merit in the modalities Universal Medicine offers: endorsements that are stunning counterpoints to the portrayals mentioned above.
So which is it to be? Universal Medicine practitioners as new-age quacks; or a Universal Medicine that offers something so significant that doctors and surgeons are now directing their clients its services?
It seems the Courier Mail, in its haste to deliver a sensationalist piece of weekend news, has been clumsy in its attempt to malign the organisation. It has instead endorsed it.

Thanks for that Victoria, or can we call you Tricky Vicky?

So how about you publish a list of the names of mainstream medicos who are 'choosing' to refer clients to UM?

I'm sure they'll be only too happy to put their names to an endorsement of UniMed's impeccable integrity and professionalism. Better still, how about some testimonials from these wise doctors on all of the postive results they've seen from 'Esoteric Healing' - all of the symptoms and ailments that have been resolved, and the returns to robust good health they've seen in their patients. Hm?

Or are they for the most part not aware that when they refer a patient for physiotherapy for example, for back pain, for example, the poor soul is going to have their craniosacral pulse read, followed by a lot of tut tutting, and a
recommendation for six more sessions, followed by a referral to a cult affiliated counsellor who will tell them they're not living in truth & lovingness (sic) and 'since you're such a mess you'd better sign up for a workshop'...Only to find, after all of that, oh yes, they still have that back pain, but now they also feel inadequate and miserable and are at least several hundred dollars out of pocket?

How many doctors are referring to UniMed again? Sorry, doctors AND surgeons. As one of our readers commented, 6 hardly constitutes the mainstream. Or even 12 or 20 or 50. But it's not that many is it? And those numbers are plummeting as UniMed's name turns deservedly to mud.

By the way, Vicky, how's that graduate degree in Philanthropy and Non Profit Studies working for you? Nice to see
you're overseeing the Serge Benhayon Semi-starved Millionaire Halucination and Breast Fetish Distress Fund. You go girl!

Have you done anything for poor people lately, Vicky? You know, the one's who are sending themselves and their families to the wall funneling their hard earned $$$$ into the workshop mouse wheel vortex of unreality called Universal Medicine?

And now a word from another of Serge's Lieutenants of Apologism: Victoria Carter September 20, 2012 at 9:47 am Thank-you Victoria. You present the simple truth so very beautifully. There is indeed great ‘merit’ in the modalities
offered by Universal Medicine, and it is inspirational to be a part of the communication and interaction between mainstream medicine and esoteric medicine, which occurs simply due to practitioners and physicians who truly care about one thing – people.

And which people would those be, Tricky Vicky Mach II? The partners, families and friends abandoned by students because they're too lowly and pranic to warrant their care.

Or when you mention people, do you mean Serge and his closed circuit of blindfolded apologists?

Name the doctors Vicky.

I saw that too, Venus. It would also be interesting to know how many, if any, of the doctors making these referrals are not involved in the UM cult. My guess would be none of them.

If I'm wrong, however, I'd be interested in hearing these non-UM affiliated doctors testify in public to the effectiveness of magic healing symbols brought to earth from another dimension, amongst other things.

Posted by: MacReady ()
Date: September 22, 2012 07:20PM

COncerned Partner
VenusDarkly

Now that's freedom.

And in fact, the statement is glaringly holier than thou. The author is saying in total contradiction to what they purport to mean, that she has some patent on responsibility and a deeper understanding than other [I guess , pranic ]'folk'- what errant contradictory nonsense.

And just to point out, again the language is all Serge- who do we know who uses "Roll up our sleeves" and "tendency to blame others" almost as adjectives in their writings and rantings. Ah yes, one Serge Benhayon. I ask Author,
why cant you take responsibility to speak with the freedom of your own voice??

And just like Serge, rather than take responsibility for the choices they've made (joining a third-rate theosophy rehash cult), the students blame the media for 'spreading lies' and 'conducting a witch hunt' when in fact it has described UM quite accurately and, if anything, has been quite restrained in its coverage.

But, no. It's all the fault of loveless, abusive, angry men conducting a smear campaign, and journalists without
integrity who forsake truth in favor of sensationalism.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: September 22, 2012 10:26PM

One big adjustment in seeking to leave UM is to re-learn how to go out at night without feeling frightened.

Rather clever to instill fear about night time and to train people to be at home and in bed by 9 pm.

For there are realistic hazards at night. One can more easily take a fall, due to not seeing a loose paving stone at night.

One must drive more cautiously. Re-learn how to drive at night, in fact.

There are crimes of opportunity that are more likely to be perpetrated at night. One has to exercise caution, not live in fear, but...realistic caution.

For example, I live in a tough neighborhood. When going home at night or out before dawn, I carry a flash light. I stick to well lit streets. And if anyone asks me for the time or for help lighting their cigarette, I quicken my pace and refuse to oblige.

These are normal precautions to take.

So please be aware that if normal troubles do happen to you at night, it may re-trigger a terror pattern that was taught to you while in UM.

This does not prove Serge was right. It does not prove that you deserved your misfortune. It does not prove in any way that you were attacked by pranic forces or lords of form by ignoring instructions and going out at night.

Finally - look at the fine persons who do work at night and for the benefit of us all.

Sailors who stand watch at night

Sytems engineers who keep computers and communication systems functioning all night. Without them, no utilities or computer systems could function. Your mobile or landline wouldnt function.

Musicians and entertainers and the stage crews who make their shows possible

The nice people who work all night as cooks, dishwashers, wait staff at diners and restaurants.

Paramedics

Police

Fire fighters

Emergency room personnel

All night cab drivers and bus drivers and those who operate transit systems.

Without them society would go to a halt.

Are they dropping dead, getting sick or going mad due to pranic attacks?

Doesnt look like it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.