Current Page: 79 of 169
Re: Universal medicine
Posted by: lifetruetome ()
Date: August 13, 2012 10:26AM

Thanks CP for your posts. I found them very informative and also very eloquent.

What I find really interesting, that if it is true, that relationships have broken up because of one person following the UM doctrine, and one not, even if Serge believes his UM doctrine is the way to live life, why can't he acknowledge at all the reality of what has happened? He can't seem to even say that yes the belief system may mean that some women will not want their partners touching them, or they won't go out for dinner anymore if there are people drinking and they will probably want to go to bed at 9. Of course this would put a strain on any relationship with spouses friends family. Its like Serge can't see that this UM doctrine is really strict and actually a really narrow path to walk and in that way it isn't suited to couples if one person is following UM and one isn't. If you follow yoga or budhism or any other eastern tradition, they make allowances for women with children who have domestic duties and or careers. I have heard many a time that your family and children come first and then your practice. Serge can't see this. Its like he has blinkers on. His followers seem to have these blinkers on as well. There is no 1/2 measures, oh well I will stop gluten etc and become more loving. Nothing wrong with that. Other traditions or practices make you able to live more easily in your every day life with people who have different faiths and beliefs. A doctrine or belief system that allows you to be non judging of others and to still be able to mix with these people whatever their practices are is a sign of true wisdom and intelligence. With Serge it seems its only easy for his students if they all hang out together and practice together and live with another member of UM, they are actually at a loss when they have to interact with people away from the UM doctrine. That to me is not a good sign. Isn't this what fundamentalist is all about?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 12:27PM

I like this post a lot, lifetruetome, it's a very accurate representation of much of why UM doctrine causes discord within relationships. Fundamentalism, in any form, does not sit well with day to day human existence. The middle ground which is open to all, accepting of all, and learning from all, is where I believe we should be. When we are able to accept that others may have counter views to our own, and respect them, the world will be a better place.

When any investigation of an alternative view point leads to accusations of a 'smear campaign' it is clear to all that there is much that is 'not loving' in Universal Medicine's response to the recent wider interest in them and their views. As CP stated a few posts perviously "Serge tells his students that EVERYTHING is a reflection and EVERYTHING is their responsibility, and not to blame outside people or events, but to look at their role in creating the event/problem". Perhaps it is time the students of UM, and their leaders, had a good long think about this.

Date: August 13, 2012 02:01PM

lifetruetome
Thanks CP for your posts. I found them very informative and also very eloquent.

What I find really interesting, that if it is true, that relationships have broken up because of one person following the UM doctrine, and one not, even if Serge believes his UM doctrine is the way to live life, why can't he acknowledge at all the reality of what has happened? He can't seem to even say that yes the belief system may mean that some women will not want their partners touching them, or they won't go out for dinner anymore if there are people drinking and they will probably want to go to bed at 9. Of course this would put a strain on any relationship with spouses friends family. Its like Serge can't see that this UM doctrine is really strict and actually a really narrow path to walk and in that way it isn't suited to couples if one person is following UM and one isn't. If you follow yoga or budhism or any other eastern tradition, they make allowances for women with children who have domestic duties and or careers. I have heard many a time that your family and children come first and then your practice. Serge can't see this. Its like he has blinkers on. His followers seem to have these blinkers on as well. There is no 1/2 measures, oh well I will stop gluten etc and become more loving. Nothing wrong with that. Other traditions or practices make you able to live more easily in your every day life with people who have different faiths and beliefs. A doctrine or belief system that allows you to be non judging of others and to still be able to mix with these people whatever their practices are is a sign of true wisdom and intelligence. With Serge it seems its only easy for his students if they all hang out together and practice together and live with another member of UM, they are actually at a loss when they have to interact with people away from the UM doctrine. That to me is not a good sign. Isn't this what fundamentalist is all about?

Thanks lifetruetome

I think you have nailed it. There are many other belief systems and practices out there and very few of them result in discord in the family. Good ones have the opposite effect. The problem here is that the "work" is self serving. While they speak of being in service, the question is in service to whom? While they speak of non-separation, the truth is evidently something else even if those separating can somehow write it off flippantly as unrelated, it is clear that even if it is not the sole cause, it is a significant agent in ensuring the relationship cannot work. I concede that perhaps Serge is not aware that the nature of his doctrine and its narrow view on the world is producing the results it is- but then that doesn't sound like a man who is in contact with all information in the universe, does it?

I also find it very interesting how the followers or 'supporters' fail to see that their behavior is highly unusual. Who would run around publicizing themselves for someone if they were not under their impress? We all know that is no one. And the very fact that is happening shows the nature of the group which those very supporters have blinded themselves to. If you bother to take a moment to click on their profiles after they have carbon copied each others responses, you will see facsimile facebook pages all liking Serge's books, music and a ubiquitous da Vinci image. No, nothing odd there at all.

Yes LTM, it is a very narrow minded view which Serge doth sell, which does a neat trick of making the followers think they are involved with something grand and momentous. To them our view of the world is small and meaningless. They wonder at our stupidity and resistance to the glory of Universal Medicine and it's wondrous and magical doctrine. They believe they are involved with something world changing and by changing themselves, the world will shift. Of course if everything is a reflection then maybe they might ask, why is the reflection not as pretty as one might expect for such a wonderful thing...?

Date: August 13, 2012 03:11PM

Hey HK and CP or anyone else

the meaning of compassion

a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.

the meaning of empathy

the intellectual identification with or vicarious experiencing of the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.

Do you think these two words are missing in UM? and if they are why?

Date: August 13, 2012 08:00PM

Hi Lifetruetome.

good point. I dont think I have heard those words used very often by an UM pracititioner. In fact, from their behaviour you would have to guess both those qualities are frowned up, probably as being pranic. I have heard it said that being in sympathy with someone ( like your suffering partner) is pranic and holding you back. Given that, the following extract from their brilliant notes on 'Occult Psychology' makes a lot of sense:

Occult psychology

T H A R R A H T

Look at the reflection of why you can do what you can do and call it in its absolute honesty.

The occult asks you to go to the truth straight away.

I am nothing without my soul.

The occult is there to help you become more esoteric.

It is about love and being love, create a body of gentleness first.

Be willing to stand in your occult and esoteric truth with family. They will either hate you more or align more.

Even if they walk away forever, in them is the reflection of love.

What are you doing if u calibrate and allow them to be pranic and get away with all that?

You are loved in a pranic relationship because you allow prana. The more you allow it the more you are loved pranically.

Sometimes you have to make tough decisions.

If you present the occult, they like it or hate it

If you present the esoteric truth it introduces contemplation. If you present gentleness, it is a constant bridge they never leave.

Your gentleness is so strong, they don’t reject you, it rejects them

So I think that answers the question you posed above- clearly it is a choice to leave your partner/family if they are being (so called) pranic and holding you back from being Esoteric. Here is it is in black and white. I hate to say it, but it is typical 'cult-ure control' methodology to ensure that you have complying people and those that are not are rejected. Perhaps Serge believes this twaddle. I am certain his 'students' do- but again, it is hard to imagine someone in contact with all the information in the universe via the 5th dimesional energetic portal (or such like) would not know that words such as these will result in breakdown of family units when one or more of that family is not interested in the soulful life according to Serge. In fact, they look plainly designed to achieve that end, intentionally or not.
Therefore, maybe he could take responsibility.... but alas, I am sure it will be someone else fault, maybe the loveless, angry men and the witless women hiding behind his words. The words above. (' Sometimes women are scared when trying to bring more love into their relationships and are dealing with men who are not nice in their own homes, and hide behind my words' ( or such like, as I dont have the quote handy))

This line is particularly telling, dont you think? - You are loved in a pranic relationship because you allow prana. The more you allow it the more you are loved pranically - you are being offered a choice to be loved in an ordinary way by your partner which is clearly sub par according to the master ( and the ascended masters somehow quoted) , or the highly prized but apparently unachievable 'soulful love'- (I am sure not one student knows what that means, which is why they are becoming single very quickly) Clearly this line is designed as a lever for the 'student' to start reassessing their relationships...and since no one can live up to the ideal, what is the chance of the relationship surviving? I would say nothing. And if you try to show more love, you are further damned, because it is 'pranic love'- and if they let that in, they are damned. Well done SB.

No, it is totally clear that SB has no responsibility in setting the wheels in motion for family breakdowns. It is those loveless men again teaming up with the l of f
( lords of form for the 'uninitiated')

"Emotion is a filler that fills emptiness. Love is a stillness without one ounce of emotion" - UM And don't we, the loveless, know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2012 08:20PM by COncerned Partner.

Date: August 13, 2012 08:38PM

Thanks CP

Wow! I am surely one of those witless women! I need some time to digest what I just read. He really has a great story running on life the universe and everything. And here I was thinking the answer was 42 or was that 44??

I particularly like this line

Be willing to stand in your occult and esoteric truth with family. They will either hate you more or align more.

Well Wow! The damage those words can cause to vulnerable people who are under Serge's spell would be astronomical. All in the name of fiery love hey. Its like something out of a fantasy novel.

There is no way you could live with someone if you weren't following UM and they were involved. You would have to both be right into this sort of dogma for a relationship to survive.

Posted by: corboy ()
Date: August 13, 2012 11:01PM

The occult is there to help you become more esoteric.

This is an example of nominalization. Turning an adjective into a noun or a noun form of an action verb.

Homework: Look at a New Age tract. See how many nominalizations you can recognize.

A “nominalized” sentence is one in which abstract nouns perform most of the work. Abstract nouns are things you can’t touch or easily visualize (such as “analysis” or “solution”). These vague nouns contain within them a hidden verb (“analyze” or “solve”); the process of turning a word from a verb into a noun is called “nominalization.” Don’t nominalize. People tend to think writing is more clear and direct when it relies on verbs rather than abstract nouns formed from verbs. Revise your sentences in order to make your verbs do the work

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

What is interesting is that in writing courses we are taught to avoid or minimize nominalizations.

But...in sales technique and advertising (and the new age can be considered applied advertising), where the goal is to dazzle and confuse, operators use nominalizations abundantly. They are taught to use nominalizations to do what English majors are taught to avoid doing--in order to confuse people.

[www.google.com]

Nominalizations Are Zombie Nouns - NYTimes.comJul 23, 2012 ... The proliferation of nominalizations in a discursive formation may be an
indication of a tendency toward pomposity and abstraction.
opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/23/zombie-nouns/ - 71k - Cached - Similar pages

Grammar Gang: Style Tips: Avoiding Over-NominalizationApr 4, 2009 ... Hello grammophiles. With only four weeks left until final exams, the semester is
coming to a close at Purdue. Many of my recent sessions with ...
thegrammargang.blogspot.com/.../style-tips-avoiding-over-nominalization. html - 135k - Cached - Similar pages

Avoiding NominalizationSan José State University Writing Center [www.sjsu.edu].
Written by Linda C. Mitchell and Georgia Saratsiotis. Avoiding Nominalization ...
www.sjsu.edu/writingcenter/docs/handouts/Nominalization.pdf - - Cached - Similar pages

Action Verbs Good. Nominalizations Bad | Precise Edit's BlogJan 17, 2012 ... What are nominalizations? Nominalizations are the noun forms of action verbs, as seen Table 1. Table 1: Sample action verbs and ...
preciseedit.wordpress.com/.../action-verbs-good-nominalizations-bad/ - 51k - Cached - Similar pages

Nominalizations; Active and Passive VoiceNominalization: The word nominalization defines itself, since it is itself an
example of a nominalization. When you turn a verb into a noun, you nominalize it, ...
faculty.virginia.edu/schoolhouse/WP/.../lemaster.nominalizations-active.doc - - Cached - Similar pages

This is a sentence that is going to induce confusion.

Both occult and esoteric are, grammatically, adjectives. An adjective is supposed to describe a noun.

But in this sentence, two adjectives are turned into nouns.

Occult, an adjective is turned into a noun "The occult is there" -- as though it has an existence as a thing, a noun.

It is turned from an adjective into a thing and also a thing with potentially active properties.

"The occult is there to help you"

Finally this nominalized adjective (occult) is there to help you become more esoteric".

A nominalized adjective (occult) is used to help you attain another adjective (esoteric)

This nominalized adjective that helps us (occult) is just suddenly 'there'.

I think someone playfully referred to this as using a skyhook.

A skyhood is something conjured up using nominalizations and a confused human mind can quickly consider it something real.

Its just a cloud of words created by someone who understands sales techique.

Both 'occult' and 'esoteric' describe that what is hidden. However, esoteric has the additional meaning of a knowledge known only to an iniatitates or an elite.

Dictionary definition of occult

[www.google.com]%
22+dictionary&hl=en&source=hp&ie=ISO-8859-1&btnG=Search

Occult is, grammatically an adjective. A descriptor.

It derives from

[Latin occultus, secret, past participle of occulere, to cover over; see kel-1 in Indo-European roots.]

oc·cult (-klt, klt)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, or dealing with supernatural influences, agencies, or phenomena.
2. Beyond the realm of human comprehension; inscrutable.
3. Available only to the initiate; secret: occult lore. See Synonyms at mysterious.
4. Hidden from view; concealed.

Dictionary definition of esoteric

[www.google.com]

es·o·ter·ic ( s -t r k). adj. 1. a. Intended for or understood by only a particular group
: an esoteric cult.

'Esoteric derives from the Greek word for 'inner' or 'within'

[www.google.com]

Grammatically, esoteric is an adjective, a descriptive term.

"help you become more esoteric" -- You a subject being helped to become more of an adjective?

Thats a thought stopper.

Posted by: HerbertKane178 ()
Date: August 14, 2012 02:07AM

CP, where is this from:

"Be willing to stand in your occult and esoteric truth with family. They will either hate you more or align more. Even if they walk away forever, in them is the reflection of love."

Would love to read more as I am not sure I have ever read something so twisted in its logic before.

Posted by: HowDoesItHappen ()
Date: August 14, 2012 04:29AM

Hi guys.

Long time reader, first time contributor.

I'll share my story some time soon but I wanted to point out that A Current Affair have done a story on our good friend Sergie-boy. It was supposed to be shown last Friday but they held it off. Tracy said they'll show it sometime "soon".

Although I wish it was a more reputable news outlet doing the story, it's at least a start that the media is taking notice of him. And hopefully the channel 7 story that someone mentioned will be approached with integrity.

I initially heard the story was going to be on through my partner who is, unfortunately, a brainwashed follower. So it means that the PR machine had already tackled this before it became a problem for them. My partner mentioned that it the story is about some woman who is dying and angry because she was expecting a cure even though no one promised her one or something. Its so easy to spin something when you get in your followers' ear before anyone else!

Anyway, let's hope at least some awareness can come from this media attention, even if it has no effect on those already brainwashed.

Date: August 14, 2012 06:35AM

HowDoesItHappen
Hi guys.

Long time reader, first time contributor.

I'll share my story some time soon but I wanted to point out that A Current Affair have done a story on our good friend Sergie-boy. It was supposed to be shown last Friday but they held it off. Tracy said they'll show it sometime "soon".

Although I wish it was a more reputable news outlet doing the story, it's at least a start that the media is taking notice of him. And hopefully the channel 7 story that someone mentioned will be approached with integrity.

I initially heard the story was going to be on through my partner who is, unfortunately, a brainwashed follower. So it means that the PR machine had already tackled this before it became a problem for them. My partner mentioned that it the story is about some woman who is dying and angry because she was expecting a cure even though no one promised her one or something. Its so easy to spin something when you get in your followers' ear before anyone else!

Anyway, let's hope at least some awareness can come from this media attention, even if it has no effect on those already brainwashed.

Welcome HowDoesItHappen.
Thanks for posting. We know that there are many other affected families and partners out there so now is a reminder for them to maybe take a moment also and send a note to the world, and perhaps the group and their loved one that there is more than a few people affected. Interesting side note- I was in a Brisbane shop 2 days ago and started talking to a man- he told me he had just broken up with his wife- he then told me it was because of 'Universal medicine' and did I know them. ( LOL) We started talking and I found out he knew 3 other couples broken up or on the verge in his area. This is a random meeting of some bloke in a shop. I know the Occultists will read something into that, but I will do my own reading... it is because the damage is becoming so widespread that if you talk to a sad looking man esp with 200 Km's of Lismore, statistically the chances are getting much higher it will have something to do with UM. I am also aware of many cases in Byron Bay and surrounding towns.

If you read the extract I posted yesterday ( and there is much more of that absolute mind warping garbage which is frightening to read) you will get a deep sense of why things are going this way. That and other stuff has been fed to the students for years, slowly 'reframing' their view of themselves and their relationships, their values and even their sense of what is right and wrong. What is even more profoundly disturbing is when you understand HOW it happens, which is the constant suggesting to put aside your mind or critical thinking and to 'feel' into the truth of the words or ideas ( as presented by SB)...this process is classic reprogramming methodology--

Most of the cults under consideration posit that understanding of essential "truth" lies outside the "mind," or normal awareness. To grasp it requires an act of absorption rather than an act of comprehension.
Metaphoric communication includes the understanding that no communication can ever entirely represent the experience of an individual. Thus "by understanding that all communication is metaphorical and based on unique experience we alert ourselves to the fact that it is therefore also incomplete and that it is the listener who fills in the holes" (Gordon, 1978, p. 11).

HDIH- There was already a story on Today Tonight a week ago. Check their site. Who knows what is happening with any other media, if anything. In any case they are only interested superficial stuff, not the issues that are driving the family breakdowns and our deep concerns for our loved ones. But of course like you I hope it at least has the effect of giving new people pause for 'thought' before diving in.

As for the people we know- It is really important to understand that NO ONE in UM thinks they are in a cult at all. They believe we are quite mad saying it. There idea of a cult is a group of wide-eyed shaved-headed semi naked zombies chanting mantras from inside a compound. They do not understand that a cult is simply a system of slowly altering the groups world view and exercising subtle controls over eating, exercising, thought, and activity. They have willingly taken on this worldview that Serge is selling. Many of them openly talk about how they doubted or struggled with it to start with ( their critical and right mind at work) and how eventually they 'came of committed to the work'- which is actually the point when they gave up their own self reflection and aligned ( their words) with the world view Serge has dreamed up. None of them see their current behaviour of writing word for word testimonials for SB and family is how a cult member would act, and that to anyone not affected ( or aligned) that this is a SURE sign of the nature of the group. Unfortunately it is very doubtful that anyone we know that is committed will just suddenly snap out of it. They are in for the long haul, and as you say, it will most likely have no, or even the opposte effect, on those already 'brainwashed'

Weclome and apols for the long discourse ;-)

Current Page: 79 of 169

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.