Current Page: 34 of 49
Re: YMBBA Ministries
Posted by: Hythlodaeus ()
Date: December 15, 2012 02:06PM

Aegonis3
It's not so much a tactic as it is a subconscious process...I have observed a gradual shift. Think of it like gradually starting to sound more and more Brittish after spending a long time "across the pond."

Interesting premise. So environment subconsciously causes them to speak that way? Unintentional, unaffected. Not constructed. I'll have to consider that for awhile. Perhaps I'm not understanding. My thoughts are diametrically opposed. But I'm open.

With simple reasoning - these people were not raised in 17-century England in Reformationist/Separatist society (the Puritans). None of them had any immersion experience in Early Modern English in which a subconscious process would naturally occur. Even if one was born and raised in England, this isn't how they speak.

These are American GenY 'Twenty-Somethings'. The 'Me Generation'. Born between 1980 and early 90s. Raised in urban/suburban America, all of them. Silicon Valley and the iPod Shuffle; most of them have never seen a Walkman or a rotary dial telephone.
Where would the core group that started this sect be immersed to the point they gradually shifted to this syntax as their ordinary speech?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Aegonis3 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 03:08AM

"Interesting premise. So environment subconsciously causes them to speak that way? Unintentional, unaffected. Not constructed. I'll have to consider that for awhile. Perhaps I'm not understanding. My thoughts are diametrically opposed. But I'm open."

Just to clarify: It's not the environment (physical location) the determines the shift; it's your identity that is formed through relationships with others. You may be a father, a son, an employee, a husband, a neighbor, a friend, an enemy, and a Christian. These "identities" are only really possible when in relationship with another. One cannot be a son without the existince of a father, an employee without an employer, etc. To complicate the matter, there are times where we embody multiple identities at once. For instance, if working for your father, you are both an employee and a son. This requires a delicate identity negotiation (which is partially mediated by language).

With simple reasoning - these people were not raised in 17-century England in Reformationist/Separatist society (the Puritans). None of them had any immersion experience in Early Modern English in which a subconscious process would naturally occur. Even if one was born and raised in England, this isn't how they speak." These are American GenY 'Twenty-Somethings'. The 'Me Generation'. Born between 1980 and early 90s. Raised in urban/suburban America, all of them. Silicon Valley and the iPod Shuffle; most of them have never seen a Walkman or a rotary dial telephone.
Where would the core group that started this sect be immersed to the point they gradually shifted to this syntax as their ordinary speech?

This is exactly my point. As a collective group, they WANT that identity. They hear it in old sermons and they read it in old commentaries. They believe that the old theologians and old christians "got it right" while contemporary Christian scholars and communities "got it wrong." They then adapt to the olde english dialect to verify and reinforce their new identity. When newcomers come to the group, they can't help but to adapt or else they risk being excluded because they sound "like the world." It is evedent in their theology and in who they read. They HATE their Gen-Y identity. The associate Silicon Valley and all the flash and flare of today with "the world." Maybe it's a conscious desire, maybe it's subconscious. Either way, the language is manifested subconsciously.

I have a friend who moved to Southern California from Long Island, New York about three years ago. You can still hear a bit of the unique accent, but it's soft. She did not think to herself, "gosh, I am in Caifornia now. I need to start sounding like a Cali girl." It just gradually happened as she made new friends and become familiar with her new community. Now, if I am around her when she's with her native family or on the phone with her friends in NY... MY OH MY. The accent is magnified ten-fold. Again, it's not because she's thinking "Oh, grandma is on the phone? Time to switch accents." Subconsciously, she doesn't want her old friends and native family to think she's changed.

I hope that clears up things a bit.

On a totally unrelated note:

What's up with The Funeral for a Serial Killer? Why is Jake in Washington? Who is this killer? Why is the CoW involved? I am confused.

Posted by: justin07 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 07:12AM

Hi, how do you know that Jake is in Washington? The only serial killer I know of was a guy-last names Keyes- that got picked up in August down in Lufkin, which is next to Wells. His sisters are in the cult and he was down at a wedding I believe. Anyway, apparently he was wanted for a murder in Alaska and there was also speculation that he had killed a couple somewhere out east (possibly Washington) you can go back through the posts to find the story. Sue

So perhaps the evil that is behind the leaders just likes to talk in an English accent-

Posted by: Aegonis3 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 09:16AM

Hi Justin07,

I'm not so sure that the enemy is changing our accents, but that's an interesting hypothesis. ;)

I was following up on the news about Keyes and THOUGHT I read that the funeral was in Washington. In the videos on their site, it's snowing... Does it snow in Wells?

Posted by: jasmine ()
Date: December 17, 2012 11:18AM

Jake was in washington for israel keyes funeral, along with the sisters. He committed suicide. He did kill those people because he confessed. It was in the news.

Date: December 17, 2012 03:00PM

It's complicated. Best quick and easy version is extensive news reports.

Jake Gardner was in Washington state to "officiate" some kind of end-of-life service for Israel Keyes. He presented himself as "family pastor" in the media. Church of Wells/YMBBA have been working hard to leverage the media attention surrounding this suspected serial murderer, putting Jake in front of the camera as much as they can.

Great marketing tool! Free advertising! Church of Wells should be super stoked that Jake got a mention in Time Magazine! Yay!
[newsfeed.time.com]

Israel Keyes was in prison in Alaska. FBI and Federal Marshals have been questioning him in connection with a whole list of possible murders. He claims to have killed four others in the Pacific Northwest, but didn't give names. Everything is based on his claims in interviews.
He volunteered that he killed a Vermont couple in 2009. He told them he has "kill kits" cached in various places. Law enforcement confirmed the killing of the couple and retrieved a bucket filled with gun clips, silencers, etc., and divers retrieved the murder weapon from a reservoir in New York from Keyes confession. The gun belonged to the murdered couple, so clearly Keyes didn't make that up.

Alaska authorities, FBI, Federal Marshals and Canadian authorities are reviewing cold cases and matching up Keyes' travels out of Alaska.

In early December, he was found dead in his prison cell. Alaska authorities say he committed suicide by cutting one wrist while strangling himself with bedding.

The FBI have released a timeline of his travels, asking the pubic for information.
[www.fbi.gov]

Here's dates that might have included Texas -

May 10, 2006 to May 15, 2006: Western US
October 21, 2006 to October 23, 2006: Western US, Mexico
February 5, 2007 to February 8, 2007: Southwest US
April 24, 2007 to May 4, 2007: Western US, Mexico
August 26, 2007 to September 6, 2007: Western US
October 29, 2007 to November 2, 2007: Western US
November 12, 2007 to November 13, 2007: Western US
12/April 2007 to 12/17/2007: Midwest and Western US
01/May, 2008 to 01/08/2008: Western US
01/28/2008 to 02/15/2008: Southern U.S. and Western US
May, 11/2008 to May, 17/2008: Western US
07/03/2008 to 07/07/2008: Western US
09/16/2008 to 09/24/2008: Western US
October 24/2008 to November 5, 2008: Southwest US, Midwest U.S. and Western US
December 11, 2008 to December 25, 2008: Mexico
February 23, 2009 to February 27, 2009: Western US
April 1, 2009 to April 14, 2009: Eastern US, Western US
09/11/2009 to October 03/2009: Southern US
December 17, 2009 to December 29, 2009: Southern US
January 11, 2010 to February 25, 2010: Western US
March 1, 2010 to March 10, 2010: Western US
April 24, 2010 to April 30, 2010: Western US
May 19, 2010 to July 18, 2010: Midwest U.S. and Western US
July 18, 2010 to July 22, 2010: Southwest US
June 2, 2011 to June 16, 2011: Midwest US, Eastern US
September 15, 2011 to September 25, 2011: Western US
February 2, 2012 to February 18, 2012: Southern US
March 6, 2012 to March 13, 2012: Southwestern and Southern US

Date: December 18, 2012 12:43AM

According to the media, the CoW/YMBBA group were the only people to attend the service in Deer Park, Washington. Israel Keyes' mother and sisters, their husbands, and Jake Gardner. Other siblings and relations (who are not associated with Church of Wells) didn't attend.

Posted by: senhome ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:02AM

Folks, it is my humble opinion that several of the recent users, posting to this thread, are members of YMMBA. It appears they are filling this thread with nonsense. I guess they have a lot of time on their hands, and so they think up all kinds of conversations to post on this forum. That would be for the purpose of discrediting this thread, to turn visitors away from this thread, so that this thread would have less power to reveal the garbage that is preached and taught in their group at Wells, TX.

I suspected something like this would happen. How many of the rest of you would agree with me?

I'd like this forum to remain on topics that are in the realm of Truth ... God's truth.
I'd like this forum to be available to internet visitors who search for answers to questions like: "What is believed to be true by the group in Wells, Tx?" ; "How many people are involved in the group, and what are their activities?" ; "Why are people concerned about the influences of this group in Wells?"

By the situation that is current on this thread, I cannot trust any new visitor who decides to post, because I suspect the Wells group members come onto this forum with new identities (posing as a newbie to this thread). Now, when that is proven to be the case, then the Wells group earns themselves a bad reputation, for being liars, tricksters and dogs. I think 6 or 7 newbies to this thread (they have posted in the recent 2 months) are members of the Wells group. These are maybe one or two of their members, signing on to create conversations. These conversations are designed to distract; some are designed for general discredit of this thread. To the pretending YMBBA members (pretending to be newbies on this thread), I say this:

Stop it! God loves you, but God wants you to repent of your wicked ways. I love you. Let truth be told. Confess your wrongs, and in the name of Yeshua ha Massiach, cast off the demonic bondage that has a grip on you. I refuse to play your game. I am more than willing to pray with you, over the phone (you know who I am, and you can call me any time). Let's pray toward obedience of Almighty God. Call me, please.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2012 01:14AM by senhome.

Date: December 18, 2012 01:21AM

Well, I guess that must be meant for me. Okey dokey.

Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: December 18, 2012 01:47AM

Hythlodaeus:

Why are you here?

Are you involved with YMBBA?

This thread is about problems with YMBBA. What problems do you specifically see as problems at YMBBA? What in your opinion is wrong with YMBBA?

Current Page: 34 of 49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.