Current Page: 42 of 115
Re: "Jesus Christians," "Australian cult," Dave McKay (thread 2)
Posted by: Apollo ()
Date: August 26, 2011 07:17AM

Here's an interesting debate on the Wife Swap episode.

[forums.digitalspy.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: August 26, 2011 07:21AM

Malcolm Wesley WREST
I'm not decrying the expenditure for Daniel's social benefit--poor kid needs every help if he's to fit in with his peers-- but the fact that they had such a ready stash of cash when needed rather undermined all that pious posturing about giving up all and embracing poverty as the way to live a godly life.
How do you surrender all but still keep £15,000-£20,000 readies on hand for a quick upgrade?

How much do you think that they might have been paid for appearing in the program?.....just unfortunately, as McKay, I believe was paid a stipend for his donating his "valuable time" to the JK program.....for the program's sake it would have then "proven" how the couples benefited from experiencing the different perspectives of the other party (which I think was part of it's intended appeal to it's television audience...promoting a "happy medium").....the upgrade, may have been negotiated with the programs producers for the sake of "generating" this outcome......just a thought!

They would have received a considerable sum of money. It was prime time viewing. A big show at the time. The money they received for the show was probably used to buy the laptop and upgrade the van.

Date: August 26, 2011 07:28AM

Apollo
Here's an interesting debate on the Wife Swap episode.

[forums.digitalspy.co.uk]

A few comments from the first page....

Eating from bins!

Cult of the Bin Raiders!

Poor kid :-(

LOL!! Contributing to society is paying the NHS bills apparently. Nice attitude love.

'its a bit like begging' It IS Begging... (asking for dony money)

It's like a Hippie commune......without the drugs :-(
So depressing.

The "Jesus Christian husband" is so condescending. I can't see the "Millionaire wife" putting up with that for too long.

JC wife couldn't answer the son's question about not everyone would be able to be a freegan. (But if an Apostle justifies it then what can you say?)

Posted by: zeuszor ()
Date: August 26, 2011 07:28AM

Apollo
zeuszor
Well, in any case I never believe anything coming from Dave.

Someone's got to be helping them. If not sheltering them, then at least materially assisting them somehow. But who? And where?

Why would they need help when they've got over $100,000 in the bank?

If they're receiving any help whatsoever it'll be from the likes of Christine, Rob and the rest of his ''graduated'' flock.

Because they are old and sickly, and now further injured. That's how I reckon it. I don't mean financially, man, I mean physically.

Cherry is arthritic supposedly, and Dave had (prostate?) cancer a few years back and was ill. The man is almost seventy years old.

They're simply not physically who they used to be, even though Dave has always stayed fit. They're dealing with the indignities of aging now, their eyes and/or hearing may be fading, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 07:30AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 26, 2011 07:31AM

It doesn't take a genius to work out who may be helping them.

They're entitled to free healthcare. And as I said, they will always be able to call upon Christine, Rob, Ross and probably several others.

Date: August 26, 2011 07:34AM

And (ahem) other friends and relatives.

Who's gonna lift those heavy barrels of vegetable oil, for one thing? Who does the heavy lifting, so to speak, if they're supposedly on the road so much?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 07:37AM by zeuszor.

Date: August 26, 2011 07:37AM

zeuszor
And (ahem) other friendly relatives.

And if they were????

Date: August 26, 2011 07:38AM

If they were what?

Date: August 26, 2011 07:41AM

It would hardly be surprising would it? They are family afterall.

It's not as if they're harbouring two convicts!

Date: August 26, 2011 07:44AM

No, just two suspected criminals. I cannot respect anybody's decision to enable them in doing what they do, put it like that.

The truth of the matter needs to come out IMO. Until the kids go home, it's everybody's business.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2011 08:03AM by zeuszor.

Current Page: 42 of 115

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.