Current Page: 10 of 12
Op-Ed: The Convention on the Rights of the Child
Posted by: Vera City ()
Date: June 22, 2014 04:02PM

There is just too much to share about this topic...as children are being targeted all over the world for Islamist religious and political purposes....too tragic for words. Girls and boys kidnapped in Iraq, Sudan, Israel... Honor killings of teenaged girls who were raped or simply talked to a boy...

recent quotes
"We tell them, in as much as you love life, the Muslim loves death and martyrdom. There is a great difference between he who loves the hereafter and he who loves this world. The Muslim loves death and martyrdom."

- Palestinian Authority cleric Mufti Sheikh Ikrimeh Sabri. Quoted in Robert Spencer, "Sharon's Stroke," Jihad Watch, December 19, 2005.

"We have discovered how to hit the Jews where they are the most vulnerable. The Jews love life, so that is what we shall take away from them. We are going to win because they love life and we love death."

- Hezbollah leader Sheik Hassan Nasrallah. Quoted in Jonathan Chait, "Israel's Justifiable Use of Force, The New Republic Online, July 24, 2006; reprinted from Jonathan Chait, "Who Says War Has to Be Proportional?" Los Angeles Times, July 23, 2006.

Op-Ed: The Convention on the Rights of the Child

International Law Prohibits Using Children for War.

Published: Friday, June 20, 2014 8:23 PM

Eli E. Hertz
(Eli E. Hertz is the president of Myths and Facts, an organization devoted to research and publication of information regarding US interests in the world and particularly in the Middle East. Mr. Hertz served as Chairman of the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting.)

"We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us."

Golda Meir, former Israeli Prime Minister, 1972

What kind of a society wishes to harm children? What kind of society consciously and purposely sacrifices its own youth for political gain and tactical advantage? Palestinian Arabs, whose overwhelming majority, nurture a blind hatred of Israel have created a cultural milieu of vengeance, violence and death, preparing their children to be sacrifices in a death cult of suicide bombers.

Suicide bombing is an escalation of a small-arms war introduced during the first Intifada (1987-1993 Palestinian’s uprising) and championed by Palestinian leaders. Proud parents dress up their toddlers, not in clown costumes, but with suicide belts. Countless others celebrate their children’s deaths with traditional sweet holiday cakes and candies.

Around the world, children are precious gifts to their parents and keys to the future. The loving care we invest in our own children is a human trait that unites different cultures: rich and poor, traditional and hi-tech. The toughest job parents have is to raise their children while making everyday sacrifices and decisions for them.

We hug our children, love them and watch them grow up. We pray each day that they will come to no harm and do everything we can to ensure that outcome.

When Arab children are killed or injured, it makes headlines in Western media reports. Rather than investigate who is behind the participation of children in armed confrontation, however, Western journalists tend to report only what they see on the streets.

Moreover, the age-old news adage, “If it bleeds, it leads,” is all the more true when the victims are children. No matter what the circumstances, the sight of a suffering child is heartrending.

Convention on the Rights of the Child
Adopted and opened for signature, ratification and accession by UN General Assembly resolution 44/25 of 20 November 1989
entry into force 2 September 1990, in accordance with article 49

Relevant articles as stated in the present Convention:
Article 35- Parties (PA included) shall take all appropriate national, bilateral and multilateral measures to prevent the abduction of, the sale of, or traffic in children for any purpose or in any form.

Article 37 – No child shall be subjected to torture or other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment …

Arab Teen gets Death Threats for Protesting Kidnapping of Israeli Teens

This kid is not alone. What makes him different is that he felt freer to voice his opinion due to the fact that his relative serves on the Knesset and is a public figure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Islamic Pan Uber Cult
Date: June 22, 2014 04:07PM

“Islamophobia”—“a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons.” ~ first appeared in a tweet from Andrew Cummins

Re: Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Date: June 22, 2014 05:05PM

Great article Anticult. Thanks for posting. It is well worth the time to read. The interview you posted was with the women's rights activist, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who recently had her honorary degree withdrawn from Brandeis because of her views on Islam. This was a deeply shameful act from a once grand college. Enlightened intolerance

The Anticult Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Lifting the Veil of “Islamophobia” A Conversation with Ayaan Hirsi Ali

From the article "Lifting the Veil on Islamophobia"
Hirsi Ali: You know, Organization of the Islamic Conference countries send diplomats to the West to dictate what our newspapers may or may not write about Islam—restricting the use of the word “jihad,” for instance. That’s what I find so ridiculous: The leaders of these governments work harder at censoring the media in the U.S. and Europe than they do at addressing the problem of jihadis in their own countries.

Harris: And, of course, many of these states—Saudi Arabia in particular—actively export the ideology of jihadism and Salafi-style Islamism to mosques all over the world.

Hirsi Ali: And sadly, both Western governments and the Western press stay silent.

from the article on Islamophobia:
...I’d like us to address the issue of “Islamophobia”—which has become the catchall criticism applied to anyone who is more worried about Islam than, say, Mormonism.

Increasingly, questioning Islam results in a person’s being vilified as an “Islamophobe” and a “bigot”—or, in a ridiculous but omnipresent misuse of the term, as a “racist.” These charges come from Muslims themselves and from their apologists on the Left. Even major news sites, such as The Guardian and Salon, frequently publish these attacks...

...It never ceases to amaze me that when one complains about Muslim theocrats abusing Muslim women and freethinkers, one inevitably gets accused of anti-Muslim bigotry.

“Islamophobia”—...“a word created by fascists, and used by cowards, to manipulate morons.”... first appeared in a tweet from Andrew Cummins.

From the article on religious motivations:
Harris: That’s a point I really wanted us to cover. Most liberals think that religion is never the true source of a person’s bad behavior. Even when jihadists explicitly state their religious motivations—they believe that they have an obligation to kill apostates and blasphemers, and they want to get into Paradise—liberal academics, journalists, and politicians insist on looking for deeper reasons for their actions. However, when people give economic, political, or psychological reasons for doing whatever it is they do, everyone accepts those reasons at face value.

If a man murders his neighbor because he wants to steal his property and doesn’t want to leave a witness, everyone accepts the killer’s account of his actions. But when he says, as every jihadist does, that he was driven by a sense of religious obligation and a yearning for Paradise, liberals insist that the search for an underlying motive must continue. So the game is rigged. If you’re always going to look beneath a person’s religious convictions for something else, of course you’ll never see that religion is an important driver of human behavior.

Hirsi Ali: And that’s where it becomes truly painful. All these Western apologists, no matter where they are on the political spectrum—left, center, or right—are robbing Muslims of the opportunity to reflect. It is very, very difficult in Muslim households, communities, and countries to reflect on Islam. Such a process of introspection and self-criticism has led to the reformations we have seen in other religions—and it’s being denied to Muslims by this focus on economics, politics, and all these other variables that are, in many cases, the result of Islamic doctrine. For instance, there is a very strong case to be made that the desperate economic situation in the Middle East is largely a product of religion.

from the article on having the mindset of a sheep ~ "undue influence":
In fact, you’re in a position to talk about this with some authority, because you used to share this mind-set. Remind our readers how you felt about Salman Rushdie when you were twenty.

Hirsi Ali: I think of myself back then as analogous to a sheep. Everyone in my community believed that Rushdie had to die. After all, he had insulted the Prophet. I believed that if you insult the Prophet, well, then you have to face the consequences—which means you have to be killed. I didn’t question the merits of that idea. I thought it was moral for Ayatollah Khomeini to take steps to ensure that this apostate who had insulted the Prophet would be punished, and the appropriate punishment was death. I didn’t make that up, of course, and I didn’t just get the idea from my friends; it came from scripture and from my religious teachers.

Harris: Funny enough, that was something you had in common with Cat Stevens. Incredibly, it’s possible for a Western rock star, who has every advantage in life, to acquire such a view. And this is not an accident. Death for apostasy really is a tenet of Islam.

from the article on why Muslim Extremists are so successful at recruiting:
Hirsi Ali: In a way, it’s easier for Muslims and their friends on the Left to go after people like me and you than it is to go after Boko Haram, the Muslim Brotherhood, or any of these other groups who say they are going to fight corruption by creating some kind of puritanical utopia based on scripture, because moderate Muslims share the teachings of the Koran and hadith. So, intellectually, they never get beyond the point of saying, “Oh, those passages have been misinterpreted.” That’s as far as they ever go.

The reason the so-called Muslim “extremists” are so successful at recruiting, keeping, inspiring, and mobilizing people—and then finally getting them to wage jihad—is that what they’re saying is fully consistent with the teachings of Muhammad. For an intelligent 20-something-year-old, if you say, “Don’t believe me; just read it in the Koran,” he will understand. And then he must make a choice. He must choose whether to stick with Islam or not. And those who stick with it tend to get sucked into this way of life. The moderates don’t do anything about this. They just come after people like you and me.

US military personnel forced to submit to the sharia during Ramadan
Date: June 28, 2014 12:07AM

SERIOUSLY!?

US military personnel forced to submit to the sharia during Ramadan

Our troops must adhere to the sharia during the Islamic month of Ramadan in Bahrain and other Muslim countries. Subjected to dawah (proselytizing) by an Islamic cultural adviser at the Naval Support Activity, soldiers are forced to sit through lessons on Islam. No eating, drinking, alcohol, smoking during the month of Ramadan.

This is what the Obama administration and the US military are obsessed with as armies of jihad tear through the Middle East.

Military newspaper Stars and Stripes report:

“It actually made me want to do a lot more research into the religion,” said Petty Officer 1st Class James Ramirez.

Really? How about equal time for the Jewish faith? The Christian faith? The Hindu faith?

US military are encouraged “to experience Iftar in a Ramadan tent.”

Why anyone who is not a Muslim must stop eating (except in secret) during Ramadan is another example of Islamic supremacism. Unlike Jewish law, which pertains only to Jews, and Canon Law, which pertains only to Catholics, the Sharia asserts its totalitarian authority over non-Muslims.

During the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, Jews fast from sunup to sundown. Nowhere and at no time has the idea of no one else eating been considered. Nor should it.

The idea that our servicemen and women cannot have a coffee on their drive to work is outrageous and indicative of how far the West has gone in the norming of the sharia. Muslims eat a giant meal before sunup, but our boys and girls can’t have a coffee while we defend these countries in many cases? Supremacism and submission.

And it doesn’t stop there. Our soldiers (men and women) must wear long sleeve shirts. No alcohol or smoking is permitted, and if all this weren’t pathetic enough, soldiers are instructed to say “Ramadan Kareem.”

Re: US military personnel forced to submit to the sharia during Ramadan
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: June 29, 2014 12:32PM

Hi Vera City;

It turns out if you read the original Stars and Stripes article that this report has been sensationalized .

On base, American soldiers can do what they want. When off base in Bahrain, they are required to follow Bahrain civilian laws, which apparently prohibit public eating, smoking or drinking coffee during daylight hours in Ramadan.

Its pretty typical that soldiers are expected to follow the laws of the country they are in, at least when off base.

And soldiers who don't like local laws will likely spend most of their time on base, which normally includes restaurants, shopping and per a friend who has served in Bahrain, there is also a bar on base that serves alcohol.

Sharia asserts its totalitarian authority over non-Muslims
Date: June 30, 2014 12:55AM

You are right Yasmin, on base soldiers have more freedom. (Not all bases have alcohol though.) Of course soldiers have to expect personal sacrifices and when you go to another country you should respect the laws of the land.

The point of this thread is to expose the totalitarian nature of Sharia Law and the dangerous cult-like aspects of Islam. Perhaps this doesn't seem a big deal compared to the woman sentenced to death because she married a Christian, but the principle is the same.

The article I quoted was a commentary on the "Stars and Stripes" article. It was critical of the "norming" of Sharia and attempts at Islamic supremacy over all other religions and cultures. The writer did not think it right that a non-Muslim soldier could not drink a cup of coffee on the way to work or have to listen to lectures on Islam if they didn't want to (which are required, I think, more for the protection of soldiers than indoctrination).

No one in America asks non-Christians to celebrate Christmas or put ashes on their foreheads in public for their holy day. Non Jews do not go to jail for eating on Yom Kippur. Muslims are not required to say "Happy Chanukah" "Merry Christmas" or "Have a Joyful Diwali" in this country. But yeah, sure, its polite and nice to say these things to those who celebrate.

But you will receive punishment as a non-Muslim for eating on Ramadan off base (the severity depends on in which Muslim country you are stationed/reside). It's no joke that if you are a Jew or Christian, there are places you could be kidnapped and harmed just for being an infidel. There are far fewer places a non-Muslim can travel safely now than a decade ago.

From the article:
Why anyone who is not a Muslim must stop eating (except in secret) during Ramadan is another example of Islamic supremacism. Unlike Jewish law, which pertains only to Jews, and Canon Law, which pertains only to Catholics, the Sharia asserts its totalitarian authority over non-Muslims.

That's the point.

Re: Sharia asserts its totalitarian authority over non-Muslims
Posted by: yasmin ()
Date: June 30, 2014 10:56PM

Vera City;
Firstly, I would hate to live under Sharia law. And I'd hate to live in most countries where the laws still have the kinds of cruelty that most first world countries had 100 years ago.

The idea though that only Muslims make these kinds of laws is wrong.

Just looking at religious based food restrictions, there are certain places in India where the serving of beef is illegal, for example. ( based on Hindu law).The caste system in India, based on Hindu cultural practices is pretty harsh, as can be what happens to widows after their husband dies.

In Africa in Uganda, fundamentalist Christians have now passed a law so that being gay results in life time imprisonment.
It is a Christian belief that has been enshrined in law and applies to everyone whether they are Christian or not.
Then there are the "witchcraft " deaths, where children in Africa have been tortured and killed for being witches, with apparently some cultural acceptance, as per Christianity "thou shall not suffer a witch to live."

There are horrible things that happen under Sharia law.
But even Christianity or Hinduism isn't necessarily much better in some third world countries.
I think it is good to realize that religious practices involving cruelty, or demanding some type of compliance from non members, are not unique to Islam. ( And no, I am definitely not a Muslim.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2014 10:58PM by yasmin.

Re: Sharia asserts its totalitarian authority over non-Muslims
Date: July 01, 2014 12:47AM

yasmin:
> There are horrible things that happen under Sharia
> law. But even Christianity or Hinduism isn't
> necessarily much better in some third world
> countries...religious practices involving cruelty, or demanding some
> type of compliance from non members, are not unique to Islam.

Hence there are hundreds of threads on this Cult Education forum covering a multitude of harmful cults and practices.

Islamic Pan Uber Cult Attacks on Holy Sites
Date: July 01, 2014 02:33AM

Current Page: 10 of 12

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.