Current Page: 86 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: July 22, 2011 04:57AM

resu
, Richie is a State Licensed social worker in Hallowell, Maine. (It makes me ill, and I can't count the number of times I have wished I had the money to take out a full page ad in the news paper asking people if they knew who they were actually getting counseling from.)

Actually just call the Licensing Board and it doesn't cost a thing.
The full page ad sounds like fun but it's also and invitation for a slander lawsuit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: exfollower ()
Date: July 22, 2011 05:46AM

resu
exfollower
Name: Kahal Kaddsh Shoresh Yishai Holy Congreation of the Root of Jesse
N Massapequa, NY 11758

[nccsdataweb.urban.org]

I don't believe they are operating under this name anymore, as of this year. Members have been asked to write checks out to "Unifying Meditation Institute"

http://nccsdataweb.urban.org/orgs/profile/208037137?popup=1

$400k in assets. I guess they're doing well.

nice work resu!

to all : if you click on that 2nd link, then click on form 990 filings... presto, 3yrs of tax returns! w/ buku info, amts., names, addresses, etc...

oh, we're getting close!

Posted by: disillusioned1 ()
Date: July 22, 2011 09:28AM

resu
exfollower
Name: Kahal Kaddsh Shoresh Yishai Holy Congreation of the Root of Jesse
N Massapequa, NY 11758

[nccsdataweb.urban.org]

I don't believe they are operating under this name anymore, as of this year. Members have been asked to write checks out to "Unifying Meditation Institute"

[nccsdataweb.urban.org]

$400k in assets. I guess they're doing well.

THANK YOU! I couldn't remember the meditation name and you got it! Yes!

I think the point about these groups that are all "non-profits," with the exception of Parsifal, is that they are all owned by members of the group. There has been speculation that the tithe money filters into the princes pocket to be used for these "projects." Only someone intimately aware of the money trail would be able to totally legitimize that. This would answer Sallie's questions about the subsidiary.

I'm going to go out a limb and say, no. These are NOT subsidiaries. I think they are financial ventures by people involved in the groups who are paid a stipend by Shoresh, or the now Unified Meditation Institute. I'm sure it's legal if you see Gary, Phil, Richie, Bob/Mike as people that are "officers" in the church they are sanctioned under for tax purposes. Just as easily I'm sure they could say these groups of part of "spreading God's message to the world." This would also fit under the charter of a church. Anyone who is an elder, prince, king, priest, high priest, or whatever other crazy titles are floating around these days could easily be PAID MONEY by the tithes and have that be legal because they could be considered "employees" of the "church" or "religious organization." I'm not so sure that the people PAYING the tithes would be all that pleased to know their money is going to effectively line the pockets of people who were once the "close friends" of the pedophile named Jack Hickman, and tend to be the same people hammering away about tithing being a part of Gods law, and the need to be a "servant" and how you need to fulfill your commitment or you will never be "perfect." Just perpetuating the old lies and manipulation.... to line their own pockets.

I still say the MONEY is what it's all about. The other stuff is a front to keep people interested and guilty and signing checks.

Date: July 22, 2011 09:44AM

disillusioned1,
I bet you're right that it's legal. I don't think it's morally right. People with NO conscience preying upon those who actually do have a conscience. Wicked.

Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: July 22, 2011 11:49AM

So, the address for the Meditation Institute appears to be the private home of Emanuel Sammartino (sp?) who is the guy who signed the tax forms. So, is the "Institute" just Gary's teachings? All of the Maine people send their tithes there? I guess people are free to do what they want with their $

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2011 11:50AM by pequagirl.

Posted by: disillusioned1 ()
Date: July 23, 2011 05:56AM

@ Pequa Girl. I can't seem to get your story straight. You joined the group when? You left when? You've never heard of any of these key players, yet you are intimately aware of the names of 3 year olds that have not previously been used on this message board? Born to people you don't know? And who's history you can't guess at by reading these threads? Your posts are alarmingly pro-cult. "aren't these just nice people?" What if they are not? And what if they are? We are talking about "them" because "they" are part of the group that led most of the people posting here to live a deceptive existence. I seem to think you're a little too part of the "we", the cult of the "family." Perhaps you've forgotten or don't realize you live a life that served the interests of Jack Hickman and his group of cronies. These people covered up RAPE, MOLESTATION, CHILD EXPLOITATION, CHILD ABUSE. But they must be good people right. Because they didn't do the abusing personally.... Maybe.
If that is not enough, and it should be, these people have used TITHE MONEY, money for GOD to line their own pockets. They have LIED and DECIEVED most of the people in the group to do what they think is "right" under the name of serving God. They talked a bunch of people into becoming Jewish, because Jack said that was a good idea. By the way, the Bible is PRETTY SPECIFIC about people impersonating God's chosen. It's not good.
Paraphrase: people can do what they want with their money? Are you serious or were you being sardonic? Because that's not funny. We have 80 something pages of people being deceived, ridiculed, be-littled, abused, etc etc to do things they did not want to do, and you think they are exercising their free will to donate 10% AT LEAST of their money to this nice little meditation center? You think they are not pressured? You think that a meditation center doesn't sound that bad?

Either you are seriously naive, or you are hiding something.

Posted by: pequagirl ()
Date: July 23, 2011 07:13AM

I never joined. I never left. I am in contact with family members who have been in from day one and who only shared with me what they wanted me to know for decades. I am trying to fill in the blanks in my family's story. I found this forum because I was trying to answer so many questions about who Jack was and I did not know about anything beyond the Newsday article until I read about them here. I was hoping to find some other people like me; people whose families had been taken over by Jack Hickman.
I am seriously naive and I am hiding something: my identity
My comment about people being able to do what they want with their $ was a sad fact. I don't think it is at all funny. I guess I was just thinking of all the insane things people give their money to. Tele-evangelists etc.

Date: July 23, 2011 08:20AM

There is not nor has there ever been a human being that lived in Massapequa, Dix Hills, East Meadow...anywhere in Long Island really...who was born prior to 1960 and who is familiar in even the slightest way with Hickman.....who cannot contact others who left. .
ANYONE who was born prior to 1960 and who left can locate others who left in order to talk...reminisce...whatever.
THAT'S A FACT....
I've done it.......
I've used this message board to do it......
I've contacted and discussed and shared all sorts of feelings...thoughts...etc...with .WITH PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LEFT AND WHO WERE BORN PRIOR TO 1960.
Once the connection is made via the pm system it is easy however.....
I have also been deliberately deceived by active cult members who used the pm system to fool me into thinking they were ex members only so that they could try to intimidated and/or ridicule me on this board ....

HOW RIDICULOUS...

Did they think I would be EMBARASSED? FRIGHTENED? How does a NAMBLA type group embarass or frighten people...?!?!?!!?As the moderater said this board is not a replacement for therapy or facebook.
'
More importantly it is not needed for therapy. Therapists exist and are real. So are group therapy sessions. Anyone can find one. Facebook is real. This is not facebook.

But honestly I like the fact that they've spent the last five years doing their tricks on this board. It's a record of their tactics.

They can't pull that wide eyed dumbfounded...''who me'' ''when did I say that'' ''you imagined it'' bologna. Their postings cannot be erased. It's a record.

Better yet if you go into some of the archives and read up on ''group tactics'' and how they try to use group think and all that other stuff...it's uncanny. You can just apply everything that cult groups are notorious for doing to some of the tactics used by these silly imposters. Right down to the ''ouch..you wounded my teeny weeny feelings'' tactics....'

As a matter of interest I once told a board member in the PM system that I didn't want to say too much because I still cared about many of these people and didn't want to hurt them......

That's when they started all of those posts about ''ouch Sallie...you wounded my tender wittle feelings...''

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/23/2011 08:28AM by Sallie.

Date: July 23, 2011 08:37AM

pequagirl
Wow. Not sure who will post anything here in the future! Too bad. I was rereading all of the posts back to the beginning and I found one from mennodoc on Aug. 4, 2008. Mennodoc previously shared that he left the community in 1983. In the Aug 4 post, he says that after leaving he began to read the novels of Solzhenitsyn which deal with THE LOSS OF MEANING AND ITS RECOVERY. This is what I am hearing from some of the posters. This is what I experienced but with me the loss was the loss of my identity as a Lutheran growing up in St. Johns. Perhaps it is pathetic but I am still carving out a new identity. For some of the young members of the community, the loss of identiity is realizing that their parents or even grandparents followed a delusion and that delusion has affected their lives in many subtle and blatant ways. How do they recover? and where do they go from here? I knew Dennis Walsh but I bet many of today's young members have no idea who he was. Maybe some of them have never seen the Newsday article. I was never privy to the really weird stuff so it was easy not to hate my family and friends. The more I find out the more I want to confront them but it is not easy. I guess I turned to this forum for strength and understanding. I am pretty good at beating myself but, go ahead sallie, let me have it! I accept the fact that you feel your truth is the only truth.
==========================================================================

Pequa sent me this message on this open forum just hours after we had a friendly little heart to heart over the PM system in which I told her about all of the stories of sexual abuse and the victims I knew. Things I didn't want to post on an open forum.
We shared.
Talked.
Then on the open forum she posted the above....''ouch ouch sallie you beat me up'' post....

I can only imagine the betrayel a true sex abuse victim might feel after they privately confide in one they think is a friend only to...hours later...be accused of being some sort of ''aggressor''....

oooooo it just makes me think things that are so un-Christian...but I refrain...I just stick with my faith and hold my peace....

Date: July 23, 2011 09:57AM

Just to be clear I DO think that within their family these people ARE able to embarass and frighten and intimidate members.
I DO NOT want to minimize the power and control and strangle hold that I truly believe they have on people.

My assertion that I cannot be intimidated is based on the fact that my ties to them are COMPLETELY severed.

I have the utmost respect and compassion for the many individuals who are still held in their strangle hold and my prayers are ever with them.

Current Page: 86 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.