Current Page: 80 of 117
Re: Jack Hickman
Posted by: mainecooncat ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:22PM

GD is definitely a a sex abuser. Prior to his arrest and conviction for soliciting sex with a minor over the internet he was not permitted to be around the youth of the cult. Obviously this indicates he had a prediliction for this type of behavior. But as you say sex abuse is different from homsexuality. GC has stepped down as high priest and turned this position over to another Hickmanite. He will be going away, traveling with another man similar to the JH/GC traveling, although this man is not very young as GC was. People remaining in this cult are divided over this issue and over the issue of the current "prophecies" including that everyone in CO must move to ME. Even some long time Hickmanites are saying this is now a cult, although they continue to be Hickmanites without believing in the current leadership or prophecies. As the moderator says this is a "Message Board" so that's the message. THis cult is dividing apparently dividing into two cults. I think the new one would be called the VanDerVenter cult, since new the high priest, the king and other leadership positions are all VanDerVenters. Person GC to travel with also a V. No opinion, just message.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Sallie ()
Date: July 16, 2011 11:33PM

Guardian???
The statute of limitations for unlawful sexual contact is three years, but it is six years if (1) the victim is under age 18 and the perpetrator is a parent, stepparent, foster parent, GUARDIAN or other person responsible for the victim's long-term care;etc....

Mental Disability????
"Unlawful sexual contact" is sexual contact that occurs in any of 10 aggravating circumstances. These include any circumstance in which the victim (1) does not consent, (2) is unconscious or otherwise physically unable to resist sexual contact, or (3) suffers from a METNTAL DISABILITY that renders them incapable of understanding the nature of the contact

Date: July 16, 2011 11:35PM

What if a LICENSED guardian/parent con-erced an emotionally disabled individual to spend ''alone time'' with anyone who had been accused of/suspected of ...sexual misconduct???

Re: Jack Hickman Cult Shoresh Yashi
Date: July 16, 2011 11:49PM

surfer54
Dear rrmoderator,
I couldn't have said it better...do not expose your kids to this kind of cult stuff.....speak openly and honestly with them about everything...they should be educated as to what abuse is and who perpetrates it...many people think their kids will be sexually abused by a stranger, someone pulls up in a car and offers them something..WRONG!!!!
Majority of children suffer abuse by the boy scout leader, pastor, rabbis, family members,etc anyone who gets close enough to not only gain your children's trust but yours as well...Believe me I've been through it with my daughter who was abused by my nephew, NOT Shoresh related at all...so take a stand, let them take you to court and expose them for what they are.....remember "those who stand by idle and say nothing are as guilty as the perpetrators"..Hang in

SURFER54 claims to be a LICENCED THERAPIST born prior to 1960
SURFER54 claims that ''those who stand by idle are AS GUILTY???''

gosh golly surfer dude does the LICENSING BOARD know that you are posting to VICTIMS of cult abuse and sex abuse and telling them that they are AS GUILTY ...as???
As what??
As who??
YOU ARE THE LICENSED MANDATED REPORTER. YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE...MORE RESPONSIBLE...IN FACT A CULT VICTIMS/MEMBER WOULD NOT BE RESPONSIBLE SINCE THEY ARE IN FACT VICTIMS...BUT YOU KNOW THAT.........

I would love to know who licensed you and refer them to your posts. Posts which are directed at victims of sex abuse/cult abuse. Posts which tell victims they are ''responsible'''....?????

Ridiculous.

I'd also love to chat with you about your ''diagnosis'' and recommended treatment for persons with DD?
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ridiculous.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2011 12:06AM by Sallie.

Posted by: Lightdancer7 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 01:49AM

Sallie: I refuse to rise to your bait. Your postings with such vehemence shows me how damaged you and so many of us were from this cult. Still I believe that human beings are spiritual creatures who seek a connection of spirit with whatever they conceive as G-d or G-ddess and I for one have been on a long journey since leaving the community. I am finally BELIEVING that I am not condemned and can have a connection to that which is Holy --- it took me 30 years to believe that I wasn't condemned to the abyss for leaving 'the family' so your lashing out on my wording in a post can't compare to the lashing I gave myself after leaving the cult...it was a sense of loss, a sense of confusion, a fear of being spiritually condemned.

Instead of attacking others on this board (especially new members like myself) maybe you could turn all that hateful energy into something positive to yourself for healing of what are still some obviously very raw and very bleeding wounds. I too am a sexual abuse survivor so don't try the "you don't understand" card on me...it won't work. However I am here to tell you healing is possible. There is a difference between forgiving and healing. I realized the longer I felt hate for someone or something the longer they had a hold on me. I am finally at a place where I realize I can chose to give them power over me but continuing to actively hate them and pick off this scab in my soul that has started to heal or I can take my power back and by example show others that there is hope and healing after leaving a cult like this.

I will not respond any further to what I feel are attacks of a personal nature on things that I have said or posted here. I actually wrote my first post MONTHS ago but was kind of nervous of posting here because of YOU. I have read through all the posts wondering about old friends and if they were able to break away from the 'community'.

To the other members of this forum: Thank you all for sharing things that were/are extremely painful memories and painful feelings upon leaving the cult (seems the more I say Cult vs Family the stronger I become). Through the reading of all the posts from the beginning several years back I have found commonality and therefore healing. My prayer is that somewhere on this journey we will all find peace and healing and most of all self-worth again. Thank you all for letting me share.

Posted by: exfollower ()
Date: July 17, 2011 03:39AM

Sallie
Someone looking to connect to the True Holy?? Is that what I read. A poster wanting to re-connect with cult members so they can find the True Holy and fill the ''hole'' in their heart???

Such a FABULOUS idea...

Me too...

Let's connect...

With TRUTH. TRUE stories. Might that connect us to the ''true holy''????

I have so many. So so many stories. All involving MANDATED REPORTERS....

We'll just take turns....
Someone can post about the hole in their heart and I'll aternately give the names of MANDATED REPORTERS who are members of this group and who PREVENTED VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ABUSE FROM CALLING 911.

9 - 1 - 1......

THAT'S MY IDEA OF '''''HEALING''''''

she never said - "cult members" - she said people she knew. and if you read her post you would see she's talking about people who left!

sallie is again attacking someone new to the forum. she either doesn't read what people write, or 'reads into' what they have posted.

ATTACKING & INFLAMMATORY! period.

Posted by: exfollower ()
Date: July 17, 2011 04:33AM

Sallie
Anyone born prior to 1960 and who was closely affiliated with the ''inner circle'' knows everything that I know about Jack, Gary, Gary's wife, Walsh, The Gattis, ALL THE SEX CRIMES WHICH WERE DELIBERATELY CONCEALED....

Sallie- are you telling me what it is that i know?

i left days after i found out about 'the shit' on 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'!!! you have stated that YOU knew about that stuff before that.

along w/ me, the other people over 22yrs old - who DIDN'T know previously -

nancy b,

richie g,

various 'elders' and past 'elders'

Smestads, that weren't Don's immediate family

my wife, my close friends (mostly East Meadow & Huntington people)

AND approx. 400 others... you know, the ones w/ that look on their face that night!

THAT I know

exfollower

PS- i also don't know if gary was married then; or any one, or thing, called the Gattis(?).

the people that i am pretty certain 'knew' - jack, lou, gary, richie walsh, tommy d.
kenny u also 'knew' some

Date: July 17, 2011 07:28AM

OH NOW I REMEMBER!!!!

FLASHBACK!!!!!!!

A RECENT POSTER JUST JOGGED MY MEMORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what I learned during my years as a MINOR being involved in the cult...

I'll quote someone who claims they were born prior to 1960.
They posted

"""""Instead of attacking others .............. maybe you could turn all that hateful energy into something positive........... I am here to tell you healing is possible............ I realized the longer I felt hate for someone or something the longer they had a hold on me. I am finally at a place where I realize I can chose to give them power over me .., continuing to actively hate them.................. or I can take my power back and by example show others that there is hope and healing after leaving a cult like this.........""""""

I REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE LOVEY DUV KISS EM UP EXAMPLE WE SHOW OTHERS WHEN WE HEAL OURSELVES AND KEEP OUR FINGERS OFF THE 911 BUTTON.....??????????

If any teachers/adoptive parents/therapists are still leading by the ''luv em up'' EXAMPLE then some licensing boards should be notified.

Hello lawyer?

Hello 911?

Hello Child Protective Services?

Hello Licensing Board?

Posted by: disillusioned1 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 07:36AM

mainecooncat
GD is definitely a a sex abuser. Prior to his arrest and conviction for soliciting sex with a minor over the internet he was not permitted to be around the youth of the cult. Obviously this indicates he had a prediliction for this type of behavior. But as you say sex abuse is different from homsexuality. GC has stepped down as high priest and turned this position over to another Hickmanite. He will be going away, traveling with another man similar to the JH/GC traveling, although this man is not very young as GC was. People remaining in this cult are divided over this issue and over the issue of the current "prophecies" including that everyone in CO must move to ME. Even some long time Hickmanites are saying this is now a cult, although they continue to be Hickmanites without believing in the current leadership or prophecies. As the moderator says this is a "Message Board" so that's the message. THis cult is dividing apparently dividing into two cults. I think the new one would be called the VanDerVenter cult, since new the high priest, the king and other leadership positions are all VanDerVenters. Person GC to travel with also a V. No opinion, just message.

WOW! Does that mean Lynn gets stuck with the kid? Does she get to return to the relationship she had to leave to help Gary look hetero, or are they going to continue to be each others "beards"? I really hope people just leave, and move on, and stare all those years of repression right in the face and spit on the people who kept them there! Maybe Gary sees the writing on the wall and thinks he has to leave or be arrested? Maybe after so many years in service he can take the thousands of dollars paid to him by the property and tithes and go on a long vacation? How very nice for him. And he gets a nice little companion to take with him? He must be thrilled.

Posted by: Lightdancer7 ()
Date: July 17, 2011 09:03AM

Sallie for someone who is telling me what I am willing or not willing to do, such as reporting sexual abuse, you must think you know me and my life. You do not so stop misreading things that I post and putting your own hateful spin on it.

I am a mid-life openly gay person. I am proud of who I am. I am proud that I left the community a few years before having my first child so that my (now adult) children didn't have to go through what I see ppl in their 20s and 30s struggling to recover from the acts of this cult. My sadness for my dear friend Dennis W over what he went through still haunts me. I wish I had had the guts to stand up to everyone and say STOP IT....LISTEN TO DENNIS...but I was a young confused girl. As Maya Angelou says "When we know better, we do better". I have forgiven MYSELF for anything my silence did back then to continue what was done to Dennis W. He was a young gay teenager and then 20 something who was violated by Hickman and made to feel like a freak. I was about 4 years younger than Dennis and didn't know which end was up myself. Knowing I had feelings within me that were different from my friends, I already felt like a freak inside -- a terrible place for an older teen and early 20s person, or any person, to be at. That these sick bastards of the community are still doing that to ppl is despicable. Trust me in my profession I have helped many recovering from abuse name their abusers and see to it that these abusers are named and held accountable.

I just hope no one here equates what Hickman and his sick inner circle did to young ppl and being gay. Sallie I sense a bit of homophobia in you. Please don't equate child molestation with homosexuality. The statistics show that most pedophiles and deluded cult leaders are straight but sick and demented.

How sick for GC an LC that they have spent so many years pretending to be something they are not and that the cult instructs them to do so. How sick that this cult rails against being Gay but doesn't do so about sexual abuse.

What are these teachings about 'fish people'...that came about after I left.

All this to say that though I am not allowing hate to rule my life, I do hope that Hickman died a very slow and painful death.

Current Page: 80 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.