Current Page: 20 of 57
Re: Trumpet Call of God
Posted by: LLG ()
Date: September 12, 2010 10:48PM

Philly,
I also read that passage a couple of times after I came out of this cult. It is very good I agree (makes me feel a bit ashamed I have to admit) I think though that the people in this group will see that backwards in alot of ways. They believe that the church is the one who has been decieved by heresy all these years, not themselves. In fact that very indoctrination has prevented me from going to church this morning because I still have trouble viewing the church in a good light (even though I know they are actually wonderful people) and have a lot of trust issues with their teaching. I used to absolutely love going to church and worshipping our Lord there. It really is amazing how strong of an affect that thought reform can have on someone, it has taken me almost a month now to really re-discover the truth about sabbath keeping and truly find my own beliefs in that instead of believing what I have been told about it for months over and over again.

Sparky, thank you for your kind words, I truly appreciate it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wendyjduncan ()
Date: September 13, 2010 02:39AM

LLG,

If it has only taken you a month to re-discover the truth and find your own beliefs, you have probably made some kind of Guinness record! Most of us, who were in Bible-based cults, spend years working through the erroneous beliefs of our particular cults and reconnecting to church and God. I wrote a book about my experience and used some of the last words that I said to my cult leader; i.e. (your voice is so loud that) "I Can't Hear God Anymore"! From my observation of my recovery, as well as many others who I have come to know, recovery is a slow process.

I am thankful that you were exited out and that you have posted about your experience. I know that others will read it and eventually come to know the Truth also.

Date: September 13, 2010 02:54AM

BTW, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Timothy and his cult following are reading everything that is written on this blog. When my husband and I were posting about our cult, Trinity Foundation, we were aware that they were monitoring the Rick Ross site. It is a way to do damage control. If Timothy knows what his opponents are saying, then he can get another crazy letter from God which amazingly addresses the very thoughts!

I'm sure Timothy's followers are all bemoaning the lack of faith of the people who are writing here. Timothy has probably convinced them that we have somehow put the lives of his wife and children in danger.

Well, here's a message to you, Speedy Timothy Rathbun: you and you alone have put MANY individuals and families in danger!! Financially, emotionally, and spiritually!

Posted by: frogla ()
Date: September 13, 2010 07:29AM

Rathbun, Speed & Amy
811 E 7th St Hastings, NE 68901

I can't find 811 only 808 & higher

[maps.google.com]

Date: September 13, 2010 08:27AM

wendyjduncan,

When I say I have re-discovered truth, I only am speaking of one of the doctrines and I have been working hard at figuring that ONE doctrine out for myself for nearly a month, believe me I know I still have a very long way to go.

I basically feel what I have to do is start from scratch almost, I don't know what's up from down anymore and the only way I know how to do it is to take one step at a time. Look at one doctrine "what do I believe is the truth" search scripture research the many varying opinions and search scripture some more until the Lord shows me, then move on to the next. Its like building a house that was destroyed with a recking ball, figuring out where each peice fits or if it fits, one brick at a time. Its kind of scary to look at the huge pile of shattered bricks in front of me and know I have to pick through the entire pile but I believe in the end my faith will be stronger as a result.

I very much hope you are right about others reading this thread and coming to know the truth, I pray they all will, including Timothy I hope that him and Amy will see the hurt they are causing and turn away from thier evil deeds and turn to the Lord. Can you imagine the rejoicing in heaven if that happened?

Date: September 13, 2010 09:10AM

Posting on blogs, writing in your own journal, processing verbally with people who understand, and educating yourself on the cult phenomenon are very therapeutic.

You're doing all the right things!

Posted by: frogla ()
Date: September 13, 2010 09:24AM

LLG
I basically feel what I have to do is start from scratch almost, I don't know what's up from down anymore and the only way I know how to do it is to take one step at a time. Look at one doctrine "what do I believe is the truth" search scripture research the many varying opinions and search scripture some more until the Lord shows me, then move on to the next. Its like building a house that was destroyed with a recking ball, figuring out where each peice fits or if it fits, one brick at a time. Its kind of scary to look at the huge pile of shattered bricks in front of me and know I have to pick through the entire pile but I believe in the end my faith will be stronger as a result.

This makes me so sad & it's not fair!!! How can I help? I can offer you support, encouragement, prayers, etc. Plz let me know what I can do to help you LLG!

Posted by: philly ()
Date: September 13, 2010 10:38AM

LLG
Philly,
I also read that passage a couple of times after I came out of this cult. It is very good I agree (makes me feel a bit ashamed I have to admit) I think though that the people in this group will see that backwards in alot of ways. They believe that the church is the one who has been decieved by heresy all these years, not themselves. In fact that very indoctrination has prevented me from going to church this morning because I still have trouble viewing the church in a good light (even though I know they are actually wonderful people) and have a lot of trust issues with their teaching. I used to absolutely love going to church and worshipping our Lord there. It really is amazing how strong of an affect that thought reform can have on someone, it has taken me almost a month now to really re-discover the truth about sabbath keeping and truly find my own beliefs in that instead of believing what I have been told about it for months over and over again.

Sparky, thank you for your kind words, I truly appreciate it.

Hi LLG
Perhaps you can shed some light on how they manage to discount everything the Bible says when it goes against the teachings of Timothy? After feeling so confident and joyous, I was then told that those words in Galations were manipulated by man, that Paul observed all the feasts of the OT, that I didn't understand the law and that I didn't understand the New Covenant. I give up - he tells me to read the Word, I go and do that and then I'm told that I don't understand, that the church has manipulated everything etc etc. Timothy has the God Trump Card once again....

Date: September 13, 2010 07:08PM

Philly,
It comes down to mind control, there are many subtle suggestions that are planted in the "flock's" minds about man purposefully or not, decieving people by mis-translation and mis-interpretation in the Bible and other places. Once Timothy has you believing that the letters are the unadulterated word of God, if there is any kind of contradiction the letters will come out on top for the trumpetters. You will hear many of them saying "I don't see any contradiction between the letters and the Bible" that is a suggestion from the letters and internalized by mind control, then there is the mis-translation and mis-interpretation (which there is a whole letter on) which is suggested and then internalized as well. I don't have time right now, but maybe I will post later on some of the techniques of mind control used.

In my recent studies I have come to realize though (and this will likely be refuted by your hubby because he will apply his thought stopping process and not even consider it) that the old Covenent was never intended for us, if you read in Exodus it was given to the Isrealites as a Covenent between them and God, we were not part of that Covenent we were part of the New Covenent so it would be like buying a car from a dealership and saying "well I didn't buy it at that price I bought it under the deal you gave that guy over there!". I pasted from Exodus 19 below which is right before they were given the 10 commandments:

5 Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the nations of the earth; for all the earth belongs to me.
6 And you will be to me a kingdom of priests, my holy nation.' Give this message to the Israelites."

frogla,
Your prayers are definitely desired, and thank you for the encouragement from all of you I really do appreciate it.

Posted by: philly ()
Date: September 14, 2010 11:26AM

Has anyone heard back from an 'Alice' who was on this thread right at the beginning? She said she had some family members involved in this group. Hope she's ok.

Current Page: 20 of 57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.