Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: April 08, 2010 09:31PM

I missed a very good friend's wedding at the last second so I could attend a practice for a parade. It didn't matter that some other friend was depending on me for a ride to this wedding, I was pressured to not go to the wedding by members and complied. My excuse for not being able to go to the wedding; a lie: "I have a work training at my new job" .
I never heard from these friends again. I saw the shiny faces of approval from people I didn't know, but totally disrespected a friend and the expenses paid for my attendance at the wedding. The creepy thing is that this horrible cause was seen as a breakthrough in my involvement in kosen rufu. Hooray for me. I am greatly dismayed for having chosen that cold mindset.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: April 09, 2010 01:07AM

I wonder if anyone knows how to add the news regarding this school business and park gate in San Francisco into the introductory page here on Rick Ross. So far the articles there are quite balanced and should therefore be updated. The whole school issue I personally find most disturbing – the gate story I find somewhat amusing as it shows how SGI usually gets its PR and how they now hesitate to underline that the money is being paid by a member which means its not due to Mr. Ikedas “achievements”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 01:24AM by Rothaus.

Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: April 09, 2010 04:43PM

Rothaus
the gate story I find somewhat amusing as it shows how SGI usually gets its PR and how they now hesitate to underline that the money is being paid by a member which means its not due to Mr. Ikedas “achievements”.

Another cynical ploy to get more money out of members. I am sure the guy that 'wants' to pay for the gate on his own will be held as an example of how true disciples are willing to give as much as they can, if not more for the sake of Kosen Rufu.

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: April 09, 2010 10:10PM

TheVoid
I am sure the guy that 'wants' to pay for the gate on his own will be held as an example of how true disciples are willing to give as much as they can, if not more for the sake of Kosen Rufu.

*grin* oh yes and dozens of virgins will await him … oh sorry thats a different bunch :-)

Posted by: TheVoid ()
Date: April 10, 2010 03:34AM

Rothaus
TheVoid
I am sure the guy that 'wants' to pay for the gate on his own will be held as an example of how true disciples are willing to give as much as they can, if not more for the sake of Kosen Rufu.

*grin* oh yes and dozens of virgins will await him … oh sorry thats a different bunch :-)

what i want to know is,

How is having a gate named after Ikeda going to promote Kosen rufu, are people going to see the name on the gate,

and their hearts will connect with his, opening the gates to the mentor/disciple relationship. they will obviously yearn to attain a great victory by entering these gates. this is a most profound and Joyous occasion which is unparalleled in history, we have been victorious and now every one who enters these gates will know sensei, oh he's so great, he's so great.

Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: April 10, 2010 11:33AM

You can take the links to the news stories, and perhaps the article titles, note its about SGI, and send in an email with the links about recent SGI news stories.
The email is listed here.

[www.culteducation.com]

Rothaus
I wonder if anyone knows how to add the news regarding this school business and park gate in San Francisco into the introductory page here on Rick Ross. So far the articles there are quite balanced and should therefore be updated. The whole school issue I personally find most disturbing – the gate story I find somewhat amusing as it shows how SGI usually gets its PR and how they now hesitate to underline that the money is being paid by a member which means its not due to Mr. Ikedas “achievements”.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: April 11, 2010 11:44PM

TheVoid

How is having a gate named after Ikeda going to promote Kosen rufu, are people going to see the name on the gate,

and their hearts will connect with his, opening the gates to the mentor/disciple relationship. they will obviously yearn to attain a great victory by entering these gates. this is a most profound and Joyous occasion which is unparalleled in history, we have been victorious and now every one who enters these gates will know sensei, oh he's so great, he's so great.

lol, TheVoid! HAI! Youth, let's rock this era of advancing to the shining path of victory through the glorious gate of the mentor/disciple relationship!

And now, from San Francisco to Massachusetts:

Other comments regarding the Spirit of Knowledge Academy and John Monfredo's InCity Times article:

[www.incitytimesworcester.org]

www.wormtowntaxi.com/2010/04/cult-news-for-worcester-schools.html

Date: April 13, 2010 07:46AM

From the Kempon Hokke Blog on www.fraughtwithperil.com:

Videos:

1. "Don't You Want to Become a Cult Leader?" Video about how to start your own cult. Not specifically related to SGI, but much of it applies. When the "cultmember" was giving "testimony" about how awful his life was before the group, and how great it was since he'd joined, and the other members were applauding...I had flashbacks of giving experiences in SGI meetings.

mind-control-cults.aspx

2. Soldier for Kosen Rufu: Junior is inspired by Pop's glory days in the YMD! Sensei knows best!

watch?v=xiZ2-F5CbEM&feature=related

3. and 4. The Buddha Zone: A guidance session gone badly awry....beware of thinking that you know more than your leaders....and always chant for others' happiness, even your rotten ex.

watch?v=0tUfTaG0xHI
watch?v=QRkVEmXZtRI&feature=related

Posted by: Sparky ()
Date: April 13, 2010 11:27AM

tsukimoto , thank you for being a great active poster on this thead. Your 20-year experience with SGI is incredibly valuable to all of us. I think it is terrific that so many people who have been loyal members of SGI and have since "awakened" and re-thought their experiences have chimed in here.

We need to let other SGI folks understand that we are here to help them transit to a secular/other non-cult lifestyle.

Great job everyone! Please keep this thread active and posting!

Date: April 15, 2010 04:59AM

Sparky, I appreciate having this thread. It has helped me transition and detox from my years in SGI. I'm grateful to Rick Ross for having this website, where so many people can share their experiences and warn others about certain groups. When I was in SGI, frustrated and questioning, I felt very alone. Those members who left didn't seem to want to talk about SGI at all. The members who were still in SGI didn't understand why I didn't love it as much as they did. Having people to share my experiences with -- and hearing others' perspectives and experiences -- has helped so much.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.