Current Page: 73 of 748
Re: SGI members, FNCC Florida Nature and Culture Center
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 07, 2009 01:56AM

SGI FNCC (indoctrination) center.
[www.sgi-usa.org]

SGI even renamed the lake they bought on the land, to Toda Lake.

[NOTICE THE EMBEDDED KEYWORDS SGI-USA USES ON THAT SAME FNCC WEBPAGE BELOW. THOSE ARE NOT VISIBLE ON THE WEBSITE BUT ARE EMBEDDED FOR USE BY INTERNET SEARCH ENGINES]

____________QUOTE excerpt for analysis and educational research________
[www.sgi-usa.org]
Mentor and Disciple Exhibit and Documentary Film
Member Resources | FNCC
We are very excited to announce the opening of a new exhibition, "Soka Mentor and Disciple Victory Hall," on the oneness of mentor and disciple at the Florida Nature and Culture Center that will open this July during the Men’s #1 conference. This exhibit is a result of SGI President Ikeda’s consideration and honors the lives of the first three Soka Gakkai presidents. The exhibit shows, through historical items, examples of their commitment to kosen-rufu as inspiration for visitors to refresh their own dedication to this objective together with their mentor.

Featured in the exhibit are works by President Ikeda, including the "Justice" (seigi) calligraphy penned on May 5, 1979; manuscripts from the novel The Human Revolution and large photographs accompanied by poetry. Also on display are poetic works in President Toda and President Ikeda’s handwriting, books and other writings of the successive Soka Gakkai presidents, and academic and civic honors received by President and Mrs. Ikeda.

A new documentary film, "Traveler for Peace," will also debut in July at the FNCC and will be shown in conjunction with the viewing of the new exhibition. This history of President Ikeda’s activities in the United States, his "Traveler for Peace," will help viewers to understand the importance of President Ikeda’s philosophy and guidance as a compass for their own life and faith, and as a lighthouse for all people.

"Traveler for Peace" explores President Ikeda’s first overseas trip in 1960 and examines its lasting significance through the words of disciples in America who witnessed his efforts. The work will also look at President Ikeda’s vision for the future, which he is entrusting to the youth of today, just as President Toda had entrusted it to him. More than merely a reflection on the past, the film shows how President Ikeda’s activities and guidance during his first overseas trip were the foundation for the growth of the SGI today, and the eternal model for a victorious future.

Tours of the exhibition and viewing of the film will be incorporated into all FNCC conferences after the opening this summer. Since the exhibit and film showing will take place during the day on Sunday, there will no longer be off-campus sightseeing tours during FNCC conferences. Please contact your local zone or territory office to find out more information about upcoming FNCC conferences. Thank you very much for your support!

HighlightsThe New Youth Division Website
"The Victory of the youth division of the SGI-USA signifies the victory of the youth division throughout the world"... Daisaku Ikeda, President, Soka Gakkai International
Youth Division Website

Florida Nature and Culture Center
The FNCC is located on 125 acres of restored wetlands surrounding Toda Lake. Here amid the Live Oak trees and Sabal Palms native to the Florida landscape, discussions on Buddhism, philosophy and everyday life take place in a relaxing atmosphere.
Member Resources: Florida Nature and Culture Center

meta name="keywords" content="nichiren buddhism, nicherin buddhism, sgi-usa, soka gakkai international, sgi members, nam-myoho-renge-kyo, chanting, buddhism, florida nature and culture center, sgi-usa women's activity, sgi-usa men activity, what is karma, what is human revolution, sgi-usa youth division, nichiren daishonin, about buddhism, nichiren daishonin buddhism, nam-myoho-renge-kyo, nichiren, the gohonzon, what is buddhism, the history of buddhism, buddhism today, books on buddhism, buddhist religion, mahayana buddhism, shakyamuni, nichiren daishonin, lotus sutra, soka gakkai buddhism, nam-myoho-renge-kyo, the gohonzon, gongyo, the writings of nichiren daishonin, the secret to happiness, soka gakkai, sgi-usa, who is nichiren daishonin, buddhist practice, what is enlightenment, Gautama Siddhartha, soka gakkai buddhism

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2009 02:02AM by The Anticult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 07, 2009 02:06AM

...spot the numerous SGI-USA "religious" Corporation techniques and tricks regarding donations and contributions. [www.sgi-usa.org]

SGI-USA is an incredibly massive cash machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2009 02:09AM by The Anticult.

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: December 07, 2009 02:33AM

I'll get on the research band wagon one day. For now I will use my own stories. Actually, I think I'm a better story teller (qualitative research for those of you of the academic persuasion). Haven't had to do research since graduate school. Anyway, you'll love this one -

three years ago I went to a FNCC "Study Conference." I had been to two other conferences at FNCC previously - one for the youth performing groups and one for the YWD (Young Women's Division). Unlike my previous two conferences, I purpously decided to go to a study conference. The biggest thing on my agenda? I wanted to figure out the mentor/disciple relationship. Mind you they have "mentor/disciple" conferences already. I thought that since I am a "Shari Hotsu [sp?]" I would identify more with the study conference.

During the conference I sought guidance from someone on the panel (BTW I remember the panel members paid for themselves - they got to make good causes and present - what perfect little Bodhisaatvas of the Earth they were!). I thought this one guy on the panel really knew his stuff. I went up to him one night for an impromtu guidance session. I told him (as I have told countless other leaders since 1995) that I didn't accept that Ikeda was my mentor - never have, never will. I told him that I thought of Nichiren as my "master in life" period.

Next he told me a story: years ago there were a dozen or so leaders in Japan that each receieved a gift from Ikeda during one of their meetings. One particular leader was not given a gift, eventhough all of his peers were given a gift right in front of him. When he asked Ikeda the reason for being left out he was told "it is the disciple that chooses the mentor, not the mentor that chooses the disciple." What is Ikeda, the all-knowing, all- seeing mentor? The leader thought that I too would continue with my "seeking spirit" and make enough positive causes in my own life to eventually grasp the "heart of my mentor."

Well its been a few years since the conference and I have yet to catch that mentor/disciple feeling.

I always thought that this story exemplified how ego maniacal Ikeda is, and how even the smartest of people get weak in the knees before him.

Date: December 07, 2009 02:37AM

Yes, Mimi, someone is subsidizing the FNCC. Its called the american tax-payer, as SGI owns all this property tax-free as a religion.
Paid for by SGI members.
Its also subsidized by the SGI unpaid staff "volunteers" who run the place.
SGI members are paying to become more deeply indoctrinated in SGI, at the FNCC which was bought with their own money, and run by unpaid staff.

At $400 a weekend per person, SGI-USA is turning a sweet profit, and they get to deeply indocrinate their SGI members 24/7 for the weekend, and upsell them to every other SGI-USA program.
Including the "minimum" donation of $20 a month, which is buried in the SGI donation information.

It would be interesting to see what people do at the FNCC weekend, and if cleaning the toilets is part of their "experience" of SGI service.

On top of that, the extremely deep SGI indoctrination that could go on in remote areas needs to be carefully researched. Perhaps an Ex-SGI has detailed what REALLY goes on at the FNCC weekends. There could be some marathon chanting session, and god knows what going on there.

_____QUOTE______
[www.fraughtwithperil.com]
...All that being said I am very excited about going to the Florida Nature Culture Center for my second Culture Department conference. The FNCC dudes have the "Barbecue" Buddhism concept down to a science. Enjoy yourself in a natural way in a gorgeous place, relax, meet interesting people from other places and even learn more about the practice.
Way cool..and also way cheap- where else in florida would you get double occ accomadations with full meals and snacks and hotel-airport transfers for three nights for $395? Somebody is subsidizing that...

Posted by: Dr. Mimi at July 12, 2007 02:06 PM

Date: December 07, 2009 02:49AM

They use these "Stories" as techniques of persuasion.
That guy was trained to tell that Story, as part of the conversion process to Ikeda.

The message is, you have to "choose Ikeda" first as your Guru, and that Ikeda the Godman can read your mind, and know if you are naughty or nice, just like Santa. If you are nice, then you get a "gift" of an SGI-cookie, if you are naughty, you get a lump of coal.

And don't think you can fake it!
Ikeda sees you when your sleeping, Ikeda knows when you're awake.
Ikeda knows if you've been a bad SGI or good SGI, so give SGI your money for Ikeda's sake!
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why,
Ikeda is coming to town!

But seriously, those Stories they tell, are actually very sophisticated forms of belief engineering and modification. That's how they do it, with Stories.

evergreen
During the conference I sought guidance from someone on the panel (BTW I remember the panel members paid for themselves - they got to make good causes and present - what perfect little Bodhisaatvas of the Earth they were!). I thought this one guy on the panel really knew his stuff. I went up to him one night for an impromtu guidance session. I told him (as I have told countless other leaders since 1995) that I didn't accept that Ikeda was my mentor - never have, never will. I told him that I thought of Nichiren as my "master in life" period.

Next he told me a story: years ago there were a dozen or so leaders in Japan that each receieved a gift from Ikeda during one of their meetings. One particular leader was not given a gift, eventhough all of his peers were given a gift right in front of him. When he asked Ikeda the reason for being left out he was told "it is the disciple that chooses the mentor, not the mentor that chooses the disciple." What is Ikeda, the all-knowing, all- seeing mentor? The leader thought that I too would continue with my "seeking spirit" and make enough positive causes in my own life to eventually grasp the "heart of my mentor."

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: December 07, 2009 03:59AM

The Anticult
They use these "Stories" as techniques of persuasion.
That guy was trained to tell that Story, as part of the conversion process to Ikeda.

The message is, you have to "choose Ikeda" first as your Guru, and that Ikeda the Godman can read your mind, and know if you are naughty or nice, just like Santa. If you are nice, then you get a "gift" of an SGI-cookie, if you are naughty, you get a lump of coal.

And don't think you can fake it!
Ikeda sees you when your sleeping, Ikeda knows when you're awake.
Ikeda knows if you've been a bad SGI or good SGI, so give SGI your money for Ikeda's sake!
You better watch out, you better not cry, you better not pout I'm telling you why,
Ikeda is coming to town!

But seriously, those Stories they tell, are actually very sophisticated forms of belief engineering and modification. That's how they do it, with Stories.

Ikeda's coming to town!? Hah! In my SGI days, leaders would tell us that if we chanted long enough and with enough sincerity, Ikeda would "sense" our "ichinen" and seeking spirit -- and come back to America! Well, I knew many members who chanted a lot of daimoku, hours and hours, for years, hoping to lure Ikeda to America, and to our area in particular. He never came. The message was that we weren't good enough. We didn't chant hard enough or with enough enthusiasm and sincerity.

That SGI manipulation again -- of course it was crap! You can't send messages to someone on the other side of the world with just telepathy -- that's the kind of magical thinking that small children engage in! It says a lot about how well SGI does manipulation -- that they can actually get educated adults to buy into this childish magical thinking. My friend's nine year old twins no longer believe in Santa -- and yet SGI can get people in their forties to buy into the myth of Santa Ikeda! This is scary!

And Evergreen, that leader's message to you was clear: shape up, get over the skepticism -- or no gifts for you, missy! It would be humiliating to be the only person in a room not receiving a gift from the leader...imagine the shame that SGI leader felt (if the story is even true.)

SGI actually did do a version of that when I was in. Around New Years', SGI Headquarters would send little gifts for those who donated money to SGI that year. The trick was, they did not send it directly to you. Oh, no! They sent it to your chapter or group leader...that person would hand out the gifts at a meeting. Made it crystal clear, who donates and who doesn't. Who was a good little elf and who was a cheap, selfish Grinch who wouldn't donate? A reward for the good elves? Hell, no, it was let's embarrass these damn Grinches who won't share!

It was cheap, trinkety stuff. This one year, it was a little SGI calendar/appointment book, another, it was a pen.
SGI didn't have to spend much money -- and yet you got to be reminded of SGI everytime you wrote something or checked your calendar.

In the early years, I got the present. At that time, I gave donations because I still believed in SGI. Still, I felt bad for those who didn't get the gift, cheesy and cheap though it was. Some of the members in my group didn't have much money. Maybe they really couldn't donate.

Eventually, I got to the point where I was bothered by many things in SGI (like no financial disclosure) and no longer wanted to support it. I knew I wouldn't get a gift, and that this was my choice -- and still you feel a bit embarrassed when the leader is handing out the junk and you're one of the few that doesn't get any junk! It's like being the only kid in kindergarten who doesn't get a cookie at snack time because you wouldn't listen when the teacher was reading a story!

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: December 07, 2009 04:51AM

Dear All:

Does anyone know about SGI lobbying efforts, particularly in California? They have a former California Undersecretary of state on their board of directors which would certainly facilitate such lobbying efforts. Does anyone know if Ms. Hewlett is a practicing member? Are all members of the board practicing SGI members?

Clothilde Hewlett
Attorney and partner of Nossaman, LLP, with a focus on assisting private sector companies and tax-exempt organizations. She was previously a partner at Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Preston Gates Elllis, LLP. Prior to joining K&L/Gates, she served as the California undersecretary of state and consumer services agency and interim director of the department of general services.

Nichijew

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 07, 2009 05:09AM

Nichijew
Are all members of the board practicing SGI members?

well if they are on the sgi-board of directors they would certainly be practising members.

Re: SGI members, spending millions in political lobbying
Date: December 07, 2009 07:02AM

SGI Soka admits to spending $1,250,000 a year ($1.25 million dollars) every year on lobbying.
[forum.culteducation.com]

That is over $100,000 a month.
Over $5,000 per business day.
That is $650 per hour every single business hour of the year, Soka SGI spends on lobbying.

Who specifically is getting those millions from SGI?

How many other SGI groups and front-groups are also pumping more millions into lobbying?

Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: December 07, 2009 07:58AM

The issue of getting "Sensei" to come back to visit America is brought up every single year at SGI meetings. It truly is like a carrot that they dangle in front of the members. Around November or December you always hear "Let's welcome Sensei back to America in (insert year here)!" And it never happens. In a World Tribune (11/6/09) article entitled "2010: The Year of the Total Victory of Soka and the Dynamic Development of Youth," it reads:

"In its final meeting of the year, the SGI-USA Central Executive Committee developed the organization's 2010 activity focus centered on the themes of fostering youth and welcoming back SGI President and Mrs. Ikeda back to America."

It goes on to tell a story of how some young man from India sang a song for Ikeda at a youth training course meeting and that Ikeda embraced the man afterwards. The article continues:

"For the SGI youth training course participants present at the meeting, they said it felt as though the young man was expressing their shared eternal vow to advance kosen-rufu together with their mentor and that President Ikeda was embracing all of them in response."

The article concludes with words by Danny Nagashima:

"How can we foster youth? We have to change and develop ourselves. We have to become young men and young women again. We have to go back to the oneness of mentor and disciple."

Current Page: 73 of 748

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.