Current Page: 74 of 748
Re: SGI members, FNCC Florida Nature and Culture Center
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: December 07, 2009 08:03AM

Nichijew
Dear All:

Does anyone know about SGI lobbying efforts, particularly in California? They have a former California Undersecretary of state on their board of directors which would certainly facilitate such lobbying efforts. Does anyone know if Ms. Hewlett is a practicing member? Are all members of the board practicing SGI members?

Clothilde Hewlett
Attorney and partner of Nossaman, LLP, with a focus on assisting private sector companies and tax-exempt organizations. She was previously a partner at Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Preston Gates Elllis, LLP. Prior to joining K&L/Gates, she served as the California undersecretary of state and consumer services agency and interim director of the department of general services.

Nichijew

Clothilde Hewlett is on both SGI-USA's board of directors AND the Board of Trustees at Soka University. I don't see how she could NOT be an SGI member, unless her connections are just that valuable to SGI. Remember, Ikeda has said that he doesn't trust people who haven't been in SGI for years. So why would he trust nonmembers in such key positions?

There are tons of Google hits on her, but not all that much about her personal life. She's well-connected in legal circles, and in California politics. She makes contributions to various Democratic candidates, including Obama, and has served on various charitable foundation boards.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Former SGI members
Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: December 07, 2009 11:06AM

Regarding SGI lobbying in California.

tsukimoto
This is from the International Cultic Studies Association website

www.icsahome.com, 1991

----------------------------Beginning of Quote-----------------------------------------

Soka Gakkai

Soka Gakkai [the Japan-based politico-religious movement operating in the U.S. as Nichiren Shoshu] is suspected of benefiting from the connections of former Interior Department official Lou Gallegos by the inclusion in a House bill of language prohibiting use of federal funds to purchase the Soka group's vast California acreage. Local conservationist groups and the National Park Service want the government to buy the land and keep it undeveloped. Gallegos, formerly right-hand-man to the Secretary of the Interior, and now a consultant to Soka, says his only role in the matter is in "developing strategies" for his client. (From "Tempest Brewing," Washington Times, 9/25, A6.) [The Washington Times is owned by the Unification church.]

------------------------End of Quote----------------------------------------------------------

What, the Unification Church is criticizing SGI now? That's the pot calling the kettle black!

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: December 07, 2009 03:40PM

I just came across an experience in the 10/23/09 issue of the World Tribune that is so ridiculous that I have to post about it. It's by a woman in California talking about how she and her daughter, named Destiny, overcame their problems through chanting and reading Ikeda's guidance. Towards the end of the article it reads:

"I wish that I could hug President Ikeda and thank him for the difficulties he endured so that people like me can transform their lives and find happiness amid darkness. Destiny, now 4, chants with me every morning and evening, and asks to attend meetings every day. She has me start out the morning by reading out loud her favorite piece of President Ikeda's guidance. She asked me to frame it and put it on the wall next to our altar, which I did. He writes: 'Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny.'"

Did you catch that her daughter is 4 years old? Four! Asking me to believe that your four-year-old wants to go to an SGI meeting every day is one thing, but asking me to believe that she even remotely understands that bit of guidance is insulting to my intelligence.

Posted by: Rothaus ()
Date: December 07, 2009 03:55PM

This story is actually quite sad – me thinks. I wonder what our “fortune babies” have to say about that. Was it not you Evergreen, you had to donate money as a child for the Shohondo?
Reading this I actually question the mothers capabilities as a parent. If the child would say I want to got the beach every day, to the playground, to the park, to cover herself every day with mud from head to toe and fall off trees – the I would say “yeap, four year olds”. But this is utterly insane – and then even publish it !!! ????
The more I learn here the more I believe some parts of SGI seem to go completely bunkers these days.

Posted by: evergreen ()
Date: December 08, 2009 02:49AM

I have a four year old and she can't read words that are more complicated than things like "cat" or "dog". Maybe Destiny's child is a genious? I tried to impress my parents (and get some attention which was sorely lacking due to nightly meetings) by learning gongyo at age 7. Regarding the guidance, in the end, I can't say that I have been personally transformed or moved by Ikeda's guidance. Sounds a lot like "once I accepted Jesus as my personal saviour" to me.

Date: December 08, 2009 03:08AM

Well okay, even in my active days in SGI, if would have heard that story on a meeting I would have thought to myself "poor child her mum is a bit a fruitcake". But then even going out an publishing it? Are they all out of touch with the real world now? Has it become that bad?
If "Ikeda Sensei" would say lets all jump over the cliff ... there would be a drastic shortage of members. Mad thats waht it is. Sorry, but thinking of it I really feel for the poor child.

SGI, brainwashing and imprinting of young children with Ikeda-SGI
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: December 08, 2009 03:25AM

Thanks for posting this, those just coming out of SGI have access to recent SGI material, and exposing it is very important.

Now this stuff, is extremely crude old-school stuff. This stuff is written by one of Ikeda acolytes, and then crammed into the World Tribune. (its clearly not written by an actual SGI member, its a concocted "story" which is how people do mass persuasion).
One could believe that part of this Story was even written by Ikeda himself, or at least approved of by Ikeda. Its something that would go over great in North Korea as well.
Ikeda would absolutely LOVE this story, and would give the guy who wrote it an SGI cookie.

Its simply a very crude template to try to encourage deep SGI fanatics to brainwash their children into SGI at the youngest age.
The fact SGI tries to put-over on the reader that a 4 year can understand these advanced concepts, seem to be playing into the supernatural aspects they are trying to sell with SGI. As in, get your baby to chant, and you can have a SGI Chanting Baby Genius.

The vulgar and crude techniques employed in this composed story, could be targeted at other parts of the world primarily, and not the developed countries?
It would be interesting to see if in other versions of SGI materials for other countries, that they change the location and the person's name.

The stuff about reading "President" Ikeda's guidance to a 4 year old, is literally North Korea all over again. Perhaps the SGI fanatics do believe that brainwashing 4 year olds is the way to move forward. There are many advanced cults that have been around for decades who make the SERIOUS move to target and brainwash young children before they get to school age, and SGI is doing that, with their cartoons and this material.

They then give the suggestions to frame Pres Ikeda's words and put them next to an altar. More North Korea II.

Now this kind of crude and vulgar brainwashing material most likely came from head office, and they just changed the names to read California.
On the other hand, some people do get delusional with the SGI chanting. But SGI published that, so most likely its a concocted, and re-edited persuasion story.

But no question, SGI-USA and SGI global, is targeting children as young as possible to try to brainwash them and imprint their brains with SGI and Ikeda images and concepts.
That is old-school brainwashing of young children, and SGI is doing it systematically.
The fanatic SGI families these kids are going to have to grow up in, creates an entire new generation of followers for SGI.

And they have be deliberately IMPRINTED with SGI-Ikeda from their first mental concepts in life, so Ikeda is ingrained at the very core of the psyche.
That is as bad as it gets. SGI is truly an atrocious system.

They target 4 year olds, and get the SGI parent to get the kids to chant 2x a day while looking at images of Ikeda. This imprints the childs brain on the deepest level.
They keep doing this everyday as this kid grows up.
In a mere 10 years, the kid can then be sent to join various SGI youth groups. 10 years to SGI is nothing, SGI thinks decades ahead.

SGI has taken all of the new techniques of mass persuasion being used, and is applying them. But they have also taken all the "old" techniques as well, used by many extreme "religions" in the same way on children in various parts of the world.

SGI is very very smart. They know they can lock-in a large part of the next generation of SGI families by starting on the kids when they start to make their very first mental concepts like...mommy, daddy, doggie, President Ikeda, Soka...

Apparently children around age 4-5 and later, start to learn up to a hundred or more words/concept a day.Their brains are learning machines.
And SGI wants to imprint their brains with SGI concepts right from the very start.

How will children imprinted on SGI from birth be able to get the SGI programming out of their brains?

SGBye
I just came across an experience in the 10/23/09 issue of the World Tribune that is so ridiculous that I have to post about it. It's by a woman in California talking about how she and her daughter, named Destiny, overcame their problems through chanting and reading Ikeda's guidance. Towards the end of the article it reads:

"I wish that I could hug President Ikeda and thank him for the difficulties he endured so that people like me can transform their lives and find happiness amid darkness. Destiny, now 4, chants with me every morning and evening, and asks to attend meetings every day. She has me start out the morning by reading out loud her favorite piece of President Ikeda's guidance. She asked me to frame it and put it on the wall next to our altar, which I did. He writes: 'Prayer is the courage to persevere. It is the struggle to overcome our own weakness and lack of confidence in ourselves. It is the act of impressing in the very depths of our being the conviction that we can change the situation without fail. Prayer is the way to destroy all fear. It is the way to banish sorrow, the way to light a torch of hope. It is the revolution that rewrites the scenario of our destiny.'"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2009 03:39AM by The Anticult.

Date: December 08, 2009 03:47AM

well I would not really supect a systematic brain washing plan behind it. In due fairness I most say that the SGI childrens groups did kid stuff. Okay the odd tales by Ikeda - now semingly also a childrens book author ... kanta and the deer ans all that stuff.

I would call the above metioned story that of a fanatic member brain washing her child - no need for SGI to do that as it seems.

Maybe Evergreen could tell us more about that as born into the SGI-practise.

SGI Soka Gakkai Religion World Peace
Date: December 08, 2009 04:01AM

(some interesting comments)

SGI and World Peace
SGI on world peace, education, culture … SGI Soka Gakkai Religion World Peace Education Culture chanting Buddhist Buddhism Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Daisaku Ikeda
[kwd100projectsforpeace.org]

TheRealMrSchwartz says:
November 17, 2009 at 1:35 pm
Tubecut is right – reside in Japan and you’ll see how viscious sgi really is. Tell you what, for an expieriment tell them you want to quit and or practice on your own. See how long it takes before you get a visit from the young men’s division thugs.

TheRealMrSchwartz says:
November 17, 2009 at 1:50 pm
I lived in Japan for 6 years. I saw the violent intimidation, mind control, fraud, corruption and lies of SGI and its political wing, komeito, up close. They have never spent a single yen or done an hour of work towards world peace – its just propaganda to scam their brainwashed members.

SGI, brainwashing and imprinting of young children with Ikeda-SGI
Date: December 08, 2009 04:06AM

This is SGI systematic child brainwashing.
SGI did not invent child brainwashing, many sects, groups and cults do it.

SGI is incredibly organized top-down.
How much more blatant does it have to get?
To even the moderately trained-eye, the many techniques being used by SGI are incredibly blatant, crude, and obvious.
SGI also have some more advanced techniques they are using as well.

How in the blazes do you think SGI has amassed so many billions of dollars?
This thread proved how many hundreds of millions SGI has invested in the USA.
They also could literally have many billions hidden in the "religious" wing of SGI.

Do an experiment.
Do the basketball video experient posted here. (but don't read ahead)
[forum.culteducation.com]

Current Page: 74 of 748

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.