Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: June 04, 2013 02:06PM

Taken from Nichijew's site (I don't think he'll mind my reposting it here, at least I hope not), in full -

"There is absolutely no ACTUAL PROOF in the Soka Gakkai!

Nichiren tied an oath to the statue of Shakyamuni Buddha, prayed to it, and saved his temple from falling into the hands of Tojo Kakenobu and the Amidists:

"...The villainous Tojo Saemon Kagenobu once hunted the deer and other animals kept by Seicho-ji, and tried to force the priests in the various lodging temples to become Nembutsu believers. At that time I pitted myself against Tojo and supported the lord of the manor. I composed a fervent oath that read, “If the two temples Kiyosumi and Futama should come into Tojo’s possession, I will discard the Lotus Sutra!” Then I tied it to the hand of the object of devotion, to which I prayed continuously. Within a year, both temples had been freed from Tojo’s grasp. Certainly Bodhisattva Space Treasury will never forget this, so how can those priests who make light of me avoid being forsaken by the heavenly gods? Hearing me say this, the more foolish of you may think that I am invoking a curse upon you. But that is not so. I am warning you simply because it would be a pity if you should fall into the hell of incessant suffering after your death."

The SGI couldn't even save "The High Sanctuary of the Ten Thousand Years and More of the Latter Age" from the clutches of the evil Nikken sect with trillions of Daimoku to the DaiGohonzon and oaths on every SGI altar."

Color bolded portion added by me. Any way you slice it, this is the absolute devastating truth. I saw those Gakkai Cult Org. "oaths" / "Chanting Determination Charts" sitting at kaikans atop large art style easel boards, elaborately written out and decorated, with lines like "Defeat Nikken and The Priesthood", "Pray for Sensei's Health" and for him to "Visit America", blah-blah-blah. I remember them well, because they made me ill to see them.

And what happened??? The Sho-Hondo came tumbling down, The Dear Leader Ikeda probably had a stroke (which is why he has been out of sight for the past several years) (I also think the gakkai cult org. is trying to put Humpty Dumpty back together again) and he doesn't travel anymore (at least much farther than Cult Town in the motherland, in tri-colored cult golf carts or in the back of vehicles, only seen at a distance and NEVER heard).

Denial, anyone? As they say, it ain't just a river in Egypt.

Where the rubber actually meets the road, there's no (to parrot a cult-lingo gakkai-ism) "VICTORY!"

[www.youtube.com]

- Hitch

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2013 02:10PM by Hitch.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: meh ()
Date: June 04, 2013 09:54PM

So you're saying that all the daimoku in the world can't restore the fearless leader to the same vigor he had 40 years ago? Wow. Go figure. I guess you can't make the impossible possible after all. I guess there will be no more fundraising/recruiting . . . um, no that's wrong, isn't it? No more travels for peace for him. Whatever shall we do?

Posted by: TaitenAndProud ()
Date: June 05, 2013 07:02AM

I composed a fervent oath that read, “If the two temples Kiyosumi and Futama should come into Tojo’s possession, I will discard the Lotus Sutra!” Then I tied it to the hand of the object of devotion, to which I prayed continuously.
Notice that, for Nichiren, the "object of devotion" was a STATUE of SHAKYAMUNI BUDDHA!

This passage certainly reinforces the Nichiren Shu account of the elder priest discord following Nichiren's death and the subsequent schism: Nikko, who fancied himself the favorite, got his nose severely out of joint when Nichiren willed his prized "object of devotion", that Shakyamuni Buddha statue, to

Notice how confused this account, from the SGI's Soka Spirit website, is:

When the disciples eventually returned to their respective areas, Nissho took with him an annotated copy of the Lotus Sutra, which the Daishonin had instructed to keep by his tomb. And Nichiro took a statue of Shakyamuni, which the Daishonin had received as a gift from the steward of Ito when he was exiled to Izu and had since kept by his side. The Daishonin had also willed this statue to be kept by his tomb.Nissho and Nichiro never returned to Minobu as long as Nikko Shonin remained there, completely neglecting the vigil over their teacher’s grave.

In his “Reply to Mimasaka-bo,” Nikko Shonin explains his circumstances: “[The five senior priests] seem to have abandoned the grave [of the Daishonin]. Though they propounded a teaching not to discard one’s teacher, they have already abandoned their own. It cannot be helped that they may be subjected to criticism in the secular world” (Hennentai Nichiren Daishonin Gosho, p. 1279).

When Nikko Shonin became chief priest of Kuon temple, Hakiri Sanenaga, the steward of Minobu, rejoiced: “I am pleased as if the late sage had come back once again” (Detailed Accounts of Nikko Shonin of the Fuji School, p.164). But after Niko was designated as head of the seminary at Minobu in 1285, Hakiri gradually came under his influence. Niko would not hesitate to bend the Daishonin’s Buddhism to curry favor with Hakiri, which eventually led to slanderous acts. [www.sokaspirit.org]
Isn't the standard story that, upon having his little spat with the other 5 senior priests, Nikko packed up the Dai-Gohonzon and headed out? Yet here we read that everyone was expected to stay right there, and that Nikko was, in fact, the only one to stay! And then it says that he moved *BACK*! Who's on first??

In September 1285 Nikko took up permanent residence on Mount Minobu because the rotation system had broken down. The other senior disciples lived further away and were having difficulties maintaining their communities in the face of government persecution. Nanbu Sanenaga, the Lord of Hakii, recognized Nikko as the chief priest of Kuonji Temple at Mount Minobu. Later in 1285, Niko came to Mount Minobu to assist Nikko. Unfortunately, relations between them all broke down soon afterwards due to Nikko’s uncompromising nature and Niko’s flexibility. The first problem occurred when Lord Hakii commissioned a statue of Shakyamuni Buddha for his home shrine. Nikko objected that the statue should be accompanied by the Four Great Bodhisattvas of the essential section of the Lotus Sutra if it was to represent the Eternal Shakyamuni Buddha. Niko, however, said that putting a copy of the Lotus Sutra in front of it would suffice. [fraughtwithperil.com]
Notice what a different scenario this explanation paints from the SGI party line, which states that Nikko was so incensed about a statue of Shakyamuni Buddha being installed at Mt Minobu that he packed up the Dai-Gohonzon and walked. It appears that it was rich patron drama, and Nikko's beef wasn't that a statue of Shakyamuni Buddha was being put up, but that TOO FEW STATUES were being put up!

If you're interested in the subject of Nichiren's prized Shakyamuni statue, here's a fun site: [fraughtwithperil.com]

From an obviously Nichiren Shoshu/SGI site:

Nikko Shonin, founder of Nichiren Shoshu, is the legitimate successor of Nichiren Daishonin, although the other schools dispute this and claim Nichiren left his teachings to all of them equally.

Nichiren Shu claim that Nichiren’s ashes are still entombed at Mt. Minobu, but Nikko Shonin is supposed to have taken these with him to Taiseki-ji when he left. [nichirenbuddhist.blogspot.com]
Boy, that Nikko was just scooping up ALL the important relics on his way out, wasn't he?? Would you expect anything less from the REAL founder of the only REAL Nichiren sect??

I think this article is from Nichijew's site: [kemponhokke.blogspot.com] It addresses the Shakyamuni statue issue, and it's a Q&A-type format with Don Gropp. I had the unpleasant experience of him contacting me (!) uninvited after I made a post on some Nichiren site somewhere. He is quite the dull-witted and dogmatic bureaucrat type, in my experience. You know, one of these who seems to assume that the only reason you left the SGI was because you hadn't heard all the SGI's catch-phrases? *plonk* *plonk* Oops, 'scuse me - I rolled my eyes so hard they fell right out of my head!

Date: June 07, 2013 06:49PM

A song for Cousin Rufus' Mother [www.youtube.com]

[www.suruga-ya.jp]

Perhaps the result of a wee bit of Gakkai Cult Org. brainwashing / thought reform . . . . you be the judge.

You just can't make this stuff up, nobody would believe you . . . . but, here it is in reality.

- Hitch

Date: June 07, 2013 08:16PM

Hitch, seriously . . . there are older members here who just might need to put on their Depends before we watch this stuff. Warn me next time. Jeez.

Date: June 08, 2013 05:04AM

meh
Hitch, seriously . . . there are older members here who just might need to put on their Depends before we watch this stuff. Warn me next time. Jeez.

(Warning . . . . )

I think this photo [forum.culteducation.com] (compliments of fellow forum member "sixtyseven", thanks 67!), should be placed in golden frames at all Gakkai Cult Org. Kaikans and somebody should be holding it when they sing the song of the same name [www.youtube.com] (pay special attention from ~2:45 min. mark on).

- Hitch (Former Cult Org. Mis-Fortune Baby)

Attachments: Yeah, Baby!.jpg (23.5 KB)  
Posted by: sleepy skunk ()
Date: June 08, 2013 05:10AM

Hitch
meh

(Warning . . . . )

I think this photo [forum.culteducation.com] (compliments of fellow forum member "sixtyseven", thanks 67!), should be placed in golden frames at all Gakkai Cult Org. Kaikans and somebody should be holding it when they sing the song of the same name [www.youtube.com] (pay special attention from ~2:45 min. mark on).

Someone should seriously change that gif to say "Forever Senseless".

Date: June 08, 2013 09:01AM

If you liked "Senseless," you'll love "Haha." Another hit by ikeda-san! Haha does not need to be renamed, since its title already says it all.

[www.youtube.com]

I think that all of the different cults represented on this website should have a Worst Music competition. I know that sgi would win, I just know it.

Posted by: sixtyseven ()
Date: June 09, 2013 05:14AM

Hitch
meh

(Warning . . . . )

Thank you Hitch, you have a good memory! The video you've posted is indeed a must-see, Hitlerjugend is greeting... ! When you know that they are always talking about that highest potential you can achieve by chanting and then you had to watch this dumb singing for a Master? I bet the higher ups in the cults propaganda division rub their hands and sneer about the perfect slaves here.

Myself, I'll have my half year celebration soon! Isn't life great without SGI? I have SMS and mails 2-3 times a month with " we miss you so much,we can not understand why, but we have no negativity against you,we could stay friends!". My fingers are itching they want text back " but I do not miss you", but I'm still ignoring them. Ignorance is the best way for me, I really really love that Give Up spirit now.

Have a nice evening to all fellow forum members out there,
- you are great and I enjoy the reading so much!

Posted by: sixtyseven ()
Date: June 09, 2013 06:59AM

What do you think, is this gesture by Mr.Ikeda on purpose?

Attachments: 416993_309647395756190_1221114627_n.jpg (78.5 KB)  

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.