Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: May 21, 2012 02:48AM

tsukimoto
"Not normal" can start to feel really normal.

When I was growing up in this practice, I thought our family was the most normal family in the world. It was everyone else who was nuts. Now I see that it was quite the opposite. Sometimes I think about what non-members must've thought coming into our house, with all of those photos of some Japanese guy who wasn't even related to us hanging all over the place. And while other kids were hanging out at the mall on weekends, I was busy participating in human pyramids. Nope, not normal at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: May 21, 2012 04:44AM

They should just be honest. It is taught nowhere in the Lotus Sutra or by Nichiren that leaving a group of deluded disrespectful people is anything but a good thing. Ikeda has usurped the teachings of the LS and Nichiren and now claims that only he practices correctly. He also claims that the way Nichiren practiced is not fitting these times. The SGI members praise Ikeda's vast knowledge of Buddhism as if were a living Buddha. This mirrors, almost exactly, the history of Devedatta, the most evil man in the history of Buddhism. Devedatta was praised by his deluded disciples as having mastered the 80,000 teachings and that his wisdom shone throughout the world. Devedatta himself claimed that the Buddha was too lax while he was much more austere. Thus Devedatta attempted to usurp the Buddha's teachings and the Buddha's disciples. When he realized that he could never garner the same respect as Shakyamuni Buddha, filled with jealousy, he attempted to kill the Buddha and his disciples. Ikeda too, never able to command the same respect as Shakyamuni Buddha, attempts to kill Shakyamuni Buddha and his disciples by destroying his teachings.

Nichijew

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2012 04:50AM by Nichijew.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: May 21, 2012 05:13AM

SGBye
tsukimoto
"Not normal" can start to feel really normal.

When I was growing up in this practice, I thought our family was the most normal family in the world. It was everyone else who was nuts. Now I see that it was quite the opposite. Sometimes I think about what non-members must've thought coming into our house, with all of those photos of some Japanese guy who wasn't even related to us hanging all over the place. And while other kids were hanging out at the mall on weekends, I was busy participating in human pyramids. Nope, not normal at all.

LOVE this post! HAHA!

I was marching around parking lots, like one of the kids being led around by The Pied Piper of Hamelin, off to have my life almost taken away by the cult.

"Nope, not normal at all."

I'm sure others have their own "tales" to add, too!

Posted by: jlynneda63 ()
Date: May 21, 2012 06:20AM

Wow! Thanks to all of u! I would like to address each of u separetely but I can't see what I'm typing in car!

I recall thing had in the back of my mind that were screaming at me to pay attention. One of those was how the war affected Ikeda because of what we knew about his life. It didn't feel genuine that he had such loving conpassion for the US & members. So I had this nagging doubt. Now I see what it really is...its scarier than I thought.

Also can see that as long as I begin today without the past its up to me to do what I can with my life from now on. That was so well put & helpful.

As for paying attention to my gut..THAT IS MY MANTRA! I can forgive myself for alot but THAT IS CRAZY! I will have to sit with this because I don't know how to admit to myself I was so far from my truth. Did I drink koolaid, what was I thinking?

Yes, I am finding this group imperative to my recovery & sincere good people who were sucked into the abyss & came out better for it. Thanks everyone! U r smart, brave & a true Sanga!

Date: May 21, 2012 08:10AM

Hang on to your seat SGBye . . . .

[www.youtube.com]

They're STILL doing it!!!

The human-wave, the song of human revolution [www.youtube.com] (shinichi yamamoto - aka: the dear leader's song!!), the mini-pyramid bridge (?), climax around the half-way mark as they start to build the 4-story tower for Cousin Rufus!!!!! (Replete with unstable near collapse and reattempt, before VICTORY!!!).

Extra fortified kool-aid FOR ALL at the exit doors, with free unlimited refills!!

AAO!

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: May 21, 2012 02:32PM

Wow, I can't believe that nonsense is still going on! The 80's are back! Did you notice the guy in the front falling backwards onto the floor at 4:25? What are all those spotters there for?! Apparently not to catch anybody. The sign in the background states that it's a 50th anniversary meeting to celebrate Ikeda's 1960 trip to New York. Seriously, who celebrates such things? Do American Catholics commemorate the anniversary of the Pope's U.S. visit by building human pyramids and performing hip hop dances? Silly.. That's all I can say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2012 02:35PM by SGBye.

Date: May 21, 2012 08:24PM

The fall is an excellent demonstration of the reckless and dangerous manipulation. They fete manufactured milestones so that they have an excuse to do something - anything. These things are usually followed up with commemorative photos and letters to Japan, were they get some kind of a generic reply supposedly from the dear leader himself, which they then later use to further glorify the master and disciple "bond."

Same ol' schtick, just another year, another time and another generation (unfortunately).

Re: We all bow down to the Emperor Ikeda Godman - Soka Gakkai -- SGI
Date: May 22, 2012 05:57AM

The Anticult
Saw an interesting documentary on pre-war and wartime Japan.
It shows where Ikeda's perverse and extremist beliefs come from.

I've always felt that many of the original Japanese gakkai songs have a strong element of triumphant WWII-esque propaganda type tone/melody. One that is designed to blatantly pump people up, put their critical faculties to sleep and encourage nothing but sheer emotionalism to dominate.

The absolute key to understanding this cult, lies with understanding Japan, its history and its customs. I believe a whole book/thesis could be written on this very subject.

Re: We all bow down to the Emperor Ikeda Godman - Soka Gakkai -- SGI
Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: May 22, 2012 06:30AM

Hitch
The Anticult
Saw an interesting documentary on pre-war and wartime Japan.
It shows where Ikeda's perverse and extremist beliefs come from.

I've always felt that many of the original Japanese gakkai songs have a strong element of triumphant WWII-esque propaganda type tone/melody. One that is designed to blatantly pump people up, put their critical faculties to sleep and encourage nothing but sheer emotionalism to dominate.

The absolute key to understanding this cult, lies with understanding Japan, its history and its customs. I believe a whole book/thesis could be written on this very subject.

And that would be a huge reason, Hitch, why the Soka Gakkai has and will not be happily embraced by the masses in the Western Hemisphere, not to mention Europe. I'm suspecting the reason why they do have a strong foothold in Brazil is due to the good-sized Japanese immigration over the years.

We've spoken here not long ago in regards to my question about the people in Japan who are very suspicious and critical of the Gakkai, not wanting any part of it, culture or no. That still fascinates me.

Why Ikeda thought he could gain such immense influence in the West, I dunno.

Posted by: jlynneda63 ()
Date: May 22, 2012 06:51AM

Hitch,
Again, interesting info! I know how awful I feel for what happened when the bomb was dropped. It's one of the reasons I joined SGI. I began practicing when there were mostly Japanese leaders. I quit in'89-2003 was told HOW DIFFERENT it was now that it had been AMERICANIZED. In 2004 i came back. I enouraged my daughter to go to a meeting in Calif but when she called at the end she said she would never go back! What she said was that her LEADER talked to the other person in the car in Japanese the entire time &she was left out of all conversation. At the time I tried to get her to try again which she refused saying NOTHING had changed!

Here the Japanese elders r being completely overlooked & Aren't allowed. Japanese gosho lecture unless it is "Sanctioned" by SGI! They r expected to go to English speaking activities so don't come out. ANOTHER Clue something is not right.

I do know someone who knows Mr.Williams & all has not been discussed truthfully as far as what happened with him either. Basically he ended up as the fall guy during the 90's mess.

I would like a book written about all of this partially because as happy as I am to be rid of SGI I still hold a desire to understand the culture of the people I cared & still care about. I don't want to be resentful of a culture because I don't understand it.

I still don't understand Japanese culture or ir's people but I think in some ways thay r more brainwashed than us. How is th

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.