Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: May 18, 2012 12:02PM

Hitch
Outstanding, Spartacus. Agree with EVERYTHING you wrote in the first 4 chapters. Keep up the good work!!

[spartacusrebel.weebly.com]

or

[www.google.com]

Btw, found your site Nichijew. Boy oh boy, the gakkai must LOVE you!! (HeHeHe!) Well done!

Thanks Hitch! I did post a link for you. See you found it - thanks for posting the links to my book website as well!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 18, 2012 12:24PM

Hitch
Spartacus - One of the parts I enjoyed the most was about the "ideal" cultist Soka Gakkai leader screaming at you for no good reason other than he could (i.e, "the breakdown"). I've had the "fortune" of being on the receiving end of that many times in nsa/sgi-usa. Perfect description and analysis - spot on. The "power hungry cult leader" was commonplace, especially in the YMD, during my time in. Would love to meet up with one of those fellows today and have a "talk."

I had forgotten, but reading your story reminded me: I, too, have added my name to more than a few of those scam gakkai "time capsules." Never wanted to, to be honest. FORCED is more like it. I thought it was a stupid scam then, and KNOW it all is now. Another one of the cult's favorite tactics/games - meaningless feel good crap, all so you can say that you done something for Cousin Rufus.

Thanks Hitch! Glad to hear you are enjoying my story. Back then, I was young and naive enough to just "take the abuse" from SGcult leaders. However, after having earned black belts in four different martial arts, I too, would also love to have one of these clowns get in my face now! Their intimidation techniques might hit the ground at the same speed as their head. LOL

SGcult = meaningless feelgood crap. All day every day.

Posted by: jlynneda63 ()
Date: May 18, 2012 12:27PM

Just caught up here. Reading posts about culture shows reminded me of being forced to go to the sewing warehouse in Santa Monica,every night after district activities in Laguna which was a long way away. I hated it! I tried to get out of it. I had children I drug with me. What a nitemare. Why were we so controlled? I think Hitch & I practiced nearby. when I read the comments I hear my own story. Why not write a book & tell all the stories? I'm. sure it would be interesting.

Just got a text fm the evil woman who gives me chills telling me Fred Zaitzu & Nathan Gauer r going to b at the comm cntr! Why would she tell me? Gives me the creeps.

that makes 3 contacts & 3 dreams pushing at me this week. Lets see, oh yeah the end of May & contributions....hmmmm

Date: May 18, 2012 12:28PM

Freeheartandmind
Spartacus, keep on writing, want more of your blog!

THANKS Freeheartandmind! ALmost finished with chapter four. Will be posting it soon.

Spartacus

Date: May 18, 2012 01:00PM

SGBye
Hitch, when I read your post and saw the words "pioneer members," I just knew that Kazue Elliot would make an appearance. I attended 2 separate meetings, years apart from each other, that were handed over to this "wise" pioneer member and she proceeded to give the identical speech both times. She's the queen of oversimplification and overgeneralization, giving long and vague pep talks that are all form and no substance. And the final point is always this: you're able to practice this great "Buddhism" because Lord Ikeda scolded us pioneer members to stop moaning about how we wanted to go back to Japan, encouraged us to learn English, and told us all to go out and get drivers licenses.

Thanks SGBye, I was trying to remember Kazue Elliot's name. She was my leader's leader, along with Mike (Michiko?) Kikumura. Never heard one of her speeches - she was always speaking Japanese (in scolding tones) with the WD members. If my leader could ream me out so well, I shuddered to think what Elliot could be capable of doing. She made me feel uncomfortable when I was around her - didn't have any idea about what to say to her, just knew she was a cult heavyweight that demanded and was given wide berth. Being able to give good speeches was not a prerequisite for attaining top leadership positions. Being a good kiss-ass was the most vital aspect of SGcult leadership. Except for Cult Daddy Fat Building. Apparently, he doesn't have to kiss ass, just has to have his own kissed. SO pucker up now! LOL

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: May 18, 2012 10:24PM

jlynneda63
Just caught up here. Reading posts about culture shows reminded me of being forced to go to the sewing warehouse in Santa Monica,every night after district activities in Laguna which was a long way away. I hated it! I tried to get out of it. I had children I drug with me. What a nitemare. Why were we so controlled? I think Hitch & I practiced nearby. when I read the comments I hear my own story. Why not write a book & tell all the stories? I'm. sure it would be interesting.

Just got a text fm the evil woman who gives me chills telling me Fred Zaitzu & Nathan Gauer r going to b at the comm cntr! Why would she tell me? Gives me the creeps.

that makes 3 contacts & 3 dreams pushing at me this week. Lets see, oh yeah the end of May & contributions....hmmmm
I think they should sell Nathan Gaeur bobblehead dolls at the SGI bookstores to show the members what happens when you drink too much koolaid.

N

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2012 10:25PM by Nichijew.

Date: May 19, 2012 05:02AM

N
Funny! Tks...
Ms. Elliott used to go around & smack you on the back of the head if u weren't sitting up straight! I recently got dressed down for chanting with to much emphasis of the word "ho" in front of everyone! I am so glad I got away from them.

Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: May 19, 2012 07:14AM

jlynneda63
Why were we so controlled?

Most naive and sincere average "Jane/John Doe" members just wanted to be good people. This is in contrast to those psycho power hungry individuals who did it for their own kicks, were fanatical, or had goals of climbing up the cult organizational ladder. It also begins softly and slowly: first, they want you to do something once a month; later on, a couple of times a month (maybe every other week), then 3 times, soon thereafter, every week. After a little while of letting you believe that you are a "good" member, they'll start asking for twice a week, every other day, your entire weekends, etc.. Eventually, it becomes hard and fast pushing with your "leaders" hounding you every step of the way. If you resist, the guilt, fear tactics, ostracizing and group/senior "leader" pressure soon comes into play.

It takes a lot to be able to withstand the onslaught, especially if you are under the additional false belief that these people are your friends. Standing firm in and of itself isn't even enough. Eventually, you have to start to push back a bit in order to get out and have them leave you alone. Even then, they'll pop up again and again from time to time, even years later, just like a bad chronic rash that you can never fully shake.

jlynneda63
Ms. Elliott used to go around & smack you on the back of the head if u weren't sitting up straight!

Smacking/slapping/hitting were quite common in the YWD/WD. The WD were by far the worst of all divisions when it came to sheer manipulation and actual physical abuse. In Elliot's case, she's just treating the members the same way she's used to treating her sheep husband.

I'm with you jlynneda, I don't know how we ever stood for it all. If it were today, even just seeing another member being treated like that would prompt me to get involved, speak out against it and stop it. We were young, naive and completely different people then and I think that's part of the reason that they did it - simple because they could.

Date: May 19, 2012 08:58AM

Hitch,
I'm old now! I should have figured it out! Even today I found myself thinking about people I thought were my friends! Thank goodness I found this site! I feel nervous & fearful "WHAT IF"WHAT IF SAYING BAD THINGS WILL SEND ME TO HELL. WILL SOMETHING BAD HAPPEN. AM I SPENDING MT FORTUNE? How crazy is that? I actually know when they r chanting for me. Oh yeah, I forgot. I got a note from my district leader saying they should have a new meeting house soon! Lets be victorious! Which remibds me THE MEETINGS WERE HERE! WHAT HAVE I DONE? I let members down. Then i realize its propoganda but i still buy into it!

I have spent from age 22 to 63 practicing in some form or another.I wonder how damaging it has been? So, its like yeah i got out but my life is almost over so,wtf do i do now?

The hardest. of all is hearing what u r saying about manipulation & not understanding who had the intent. I have 1 person i can say that about. The rest seemed to b well meaning people. So who r the boogey men? Am i naive? I have done my own share of being arrogant & unkind. Not purposely but was led by ego myself! Its lime being stuck on fly paper. u get one foot unstuck & a hand, loose ur balance & find urself stuck again! SO WHO R THE PEOPLE WHO HAD INTENT TO HARM? curious

Date: May 19, 2012 09:01AM

Time not lime!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.