Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Hitch ()
Date: May 02, 2012 06:59AM

jlynneda63
Today I was going through my email when I came across a note from my x district leader. The note thanked everyone for fighting to victory on Sat when 19 members went to the Community center for the district meeting. The message continued to encourage them to fight on to change their meeting location karma!

Great! Nice to read this little announement especially since the meetings were in our house before we quit & now there is nowhere to go...BUT WAIT! I distinctly heard the "leadership" announce that they had a new location for meetings with more room , parking & kid room all without ever thanking us for the time &effort we put in here. They talked right over us like we weren't even there! So, NICE TO READ ABOUT no place to have meetings SENT to me which immediatley made me feel terrible, then guilty then scared that we will fall into hell for leaving them without a meeting place!

IS THIS PURPOSEFULL? HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED ANXIETY OVER A SIMILAR ISSUE? THANK GOODNESS I HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO WITH THIS?

TKS GUYS

Jlynneda

It's all mind games. Whenever you don't do whatever it is they want you to do, they start in with the psychological manipulation (it all goes back to square one of the formula, "don't think too much" --> which is their code for "let us manipulate you").

As a general rule, I've always found that you will rarely get thanks or appreciation for all of your effort. The only time you are guaranteed to, is when you first join. Thereafter, in their eyes, they are doing you a favor by letting you "practice" with others. Arrogance and dogmatism pretty much sum it up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 02, 2012 07:03AM

TheVoid
Faith! The unprovable pointless virtue.

So how do we differ. Not much at all.

I've come to the same conclusions:

1. Faith is not a virtue
2. Our "story" is not very different from what other believers have been thru

I see no difference between a christian spouting bible quotes, a muslim clutching the koran and a buddhist quoting the gosho/LS. In all other spheres of human activites, except religion, credulity and gullibility are not considered to be virtuous qualities. Religion is proof that us humans are less than half a chromosome away from being apes.

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI, Orlando Bloom is SGI bait
Date: May 02, 2012 07:11AM

Tibbs
The SGI brilliantly summed up by Anticult. Thank you.

Seconded.

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI-USA is not a nice organization
Posted by: The Anticult ()
Date: May 02, 2012 08:07AM

There are many important, and growing posts in this thread.
Hopefully people realize that SGI-USA would stop at nothing to close down this thread if they could, but thankfully they cannot.
SGI-USA has targeted and personally gone after many who dared to criticize and analyze SGI, using every means at their disposal.
SGI-USA is a ruthless censorship machine, and propaganda machine, who hire the top PR agencies and spend a fortune of members money.

SGI-USA fears all critical thinking, analyses, and open discussion.
Try to have an open debate on a SGI owned message board, ain't gonna happen.
Try it anywhere else, and there is a good chance SGI-USA will try to get it shut-down with their internet monitoring.

You will notice that overt apologists for SGI and SGI-USA have never appeared in this thread.
Clearly they were given direction to ignore it and hope it goes away, as they know boilerplate SGI propaganda is useless to those who study these areas of new age cults.
But the facts about SGI don't go away, they keep growing.

Hundreds and even thousands of people are getting the facts about SGI and SGI-USA.
Sadly, SGI-USA continue to lure in many more, with their SGI promises of miracle Chanting bait, which in the New Age culture sells easily.

But the true facts continue to pile up about SGI and SGI-USA, and no PR agency can make the facts go away, but they can try to lie to the uninformed public.

Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI, Orlando Bloom is SGI bait
Posted by: simplify ()
Date: May 02, 2012 08:08AM

Hitch
Tibbs
The SGI brilliantly summed up by Anticult. Thank you.

Seconded.

Thirded

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: May 02, 2012 02:02PM

"Try it anywhere else, and there is a good chance SGI-USA will try to get it shut-down with their internet monitoring." -- Anticult

SGI finally shut down my Nichiren Buddhist and anti-SGI blog. The owner of the blog site is Nancy Thomsen, an SGI Chapter Leader. I had 1.3 million views over the last several years. Fortunately, I managed to save much of my work but lost at least a third. She was a liberal SGI member but I suspect SGI indoctrination eventually soured her to my "terse" criticism of her personality cult.

Nichijew

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: May 03, 2012 08:25AM

www.buddhajones.com has some excellent commentary about SGI:

[www.buddhajones.com]

------------------------------------------------------------------Beginning of Quote-------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving aside the cult question -- because everyone already knows what I think (it's a cult)-- I want to raise a point about the way that organization burns people out. I've seen it happen so many times. They take people with energy and enthusiasm, and they just use them up.

Legitimate religious organizations don't do this. (Or at least, they try to not do this.) Legitimate religious organizations have trained, paid ministers who minister. Religious organizations train people through internships, and they support people in divinity and chaplaincy education programs, and they hire qualified staff. The pay might not be great, but at least there is an acknowledgement that ministering is an actual job.

SGI expects volunteers to carry the weight. SGI has billions of dollars. They can afford to hire hundreds of ministerial staff members all over the U.S. Instead, they expect unpaid, sincere people to devote every waking moment to serving the organization, year in and year out. If you're sincere and happy to help, they will ask more and more of you until your life is dominated by the Org, until you break. And when you break, they criticize you for not being strong enough, for failing to "reply to sensei."

The Org chews people up and spits them out

--------------------------------------------------End of Quote-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: May 03, 2012 09:56AM

simplify
tsukimoto

...I was thinking of some videos I saw of a 1993 SGI meeting in Santa Monica. Ikeda was utterly obnoxious at that meeting -- mocking and interrupting Fred Zaitsu, who was trying to give a speech, pounding the table, and saying "Grrreaaaaat.....guuurrrreeaaaatttoooo!" and "Mahalo....maaaahaaalooo....maaahallllooooo!" He was acting like a toddler in a high chair. I wondered then -- is this just bad manners, or could it be the beginnings of dementia?

That was page 241 of this thread, I think. Interestingly, those videos are no longer on Veoh.

I noticed that these videos keep disappearing, so last time we got a working link I downloaded them for safe-keeping. I've uploaded them temporarily to a file sharing site for a few days so that others can keep copies if they want. They are .flv files and about 20 mg each. If the links don't work, let me know.

Part 1
[www.yousendit.com]

Part 2
[www.yousendit.com]

I think it is in part 2 that the toddler tantrum occurs, but haven't got time to check at the moment. If you haven't seen these before, enjoy!

(Moderator: Could these files be kept somewhere on this site, maybe?)

The links are blocked.

Mark

Date: May 03, 2012 10:00AM

Rep. Hank Johnson (Georgia's 4th District) [hankjohnson.house.gov] , an elected U.S. congressman, is a long time soka gakkai usa member and has even traveled to Japan to present the dear leader with an award in recent years.

Some of Hank's brilliant intellect on display [www.youtube.com] , regarding Guam, and a cartoon [www.youtube.com] .

Perfect poster boy for the cult.

Date: May 03, 2012 12:08PM

Nichijew
simplify
tsukimoto

...I was thinking of some videos I saw of a 1993 SGI meeting in Santa Monica. Ikeda was utterly obnoxious at that meeting -- mocking and interrupting Fred Zaitsu, who was trying to give a speech, pounding the table, and saying "Grrreaaaaat.....guuurrrreeaaaatttoooo!" and "Mahalo....maaaahaaalooo....maaahallllooooo!" He was acting like a toddler in a high chair. I wondered then -- is this just bad manners, or could it be the beginnings of dementia?

That was page 241 of this thread, I think. Interestingly, those videos are no longer on Veoh.

I noticed that these videos keep disappearing, so last time we got a working link I downloaded them for safe-keeping. I've uploaded them temporarily to a file sharing site for a few days so that others can keep copies if they want. They are .flv files and about 20 mg each. If the links don't work, let me know.

Part 1
[www.yousendit.com]

Part 2
[www.yousendit.com]

I think it is in part 2 that the toddler tantrum occurs, but haven't got time to check at the moment. If you haven't seen these before, enjoy!

(Moderator: Could these files be kept somewhere on this site, maybe?)

The links are blocked.

Mark

Can you send them to me? I will distribute them far and wide.

mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.