Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: simplify ()
Date: April 27, 2012 04:42PM

Nichijew
That Hitch doesn't know well Gerry Hall and Al Albergate proves that SGI has a shadow leadership. Why would a religious organization have men who set policy and create legislation who nobody even knows. There's a lot about SGI-USA that we don't know, especially their finances. We also don't know if they have a lobbying division, a policing division, the nature of their excommunication policy, etc. They are as bad as the secretive Nichiren Shoshu priests who they rail against. Actually, they are worse because SGI claims there are no secrets while the Nichiren Shoshu readily admits that they have "highly secret teachings" that only the priests are privy too. In both cases, it is a matter of controlling others.

Nichijew

Nichijew, why not pass on SGI-Bye's guidance to Danny Nagashima? I bet he'd be grateful for all the guidance he can get in these difficult times when SGI-USA is unable to grow because the Daimoku of the Kempon Hokke is so powerful ;-)

As a European ex-member the names of USA leaders that are mentioned on here are usually just names to me, so I googled these two. From his Linked-In and facebook profiles it looks like Al Albergate retired from his SGI-USA staff position as Director of Community Relations/Director of the Public Relations Department in 2001. But hey, you never leave this cult so he probably has some fancy unpaid leadership position nowadays.
[www.facebook.com]
[www.linkedin.com]
[www.urbandharma.org]

As for Gerry Hall, for someone who is on staff as Director of IT, he has a strangely open Facebook Wall and photos which show his Japanese wife and his children to the public. His wall isn't that interesting as it is mainly cheesy quotes from the dear leader. He is also the registered owner of www.sgi-usa-study.org domain but that isn't unusual for a Director of IT.
[www.facebook.com]

So Nichijew, if you don't have their email addresses to send the guidance to, you can message it via Facebook, which will send it in an email to their private in boxes.

Please let us know their responses. I do hope they express their gratitude for your concern!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 04:58PM by simplify.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: simplify ()
Date: April 27, 2012 04:54PM

Hitch
"“Welcome, youthful prince of the arts!”—with those warm words, SGI President Ikeda greeted the actor Orlando Bloom and friends at the Nagano Training Center in Nagano Prefecture, Japan, on July 30. One of Hollywood’s most promising young stars, Mr. Bloom is an SGI member from the U.K. Enjoying their first meeting with Mr. Bloom,

Ughhh. What a nauseating mutual admiration fest. Can you imagine an article publishing a dialogue between a lowly no-name member and Ikeda?

That other destructive cult, Scientology, uses celebrity members a lot as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 05:11PM by simplify.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: April 27, 2012 09:13PM

simplify
Nichijew
That Hitch doesn't know well Gerry Hall and Al Albergate proves that SGI has a shadow leadership. Why would a religious organization have men who set policy and create legislation who nobody even knows. There's a lot about SGI-USA that we don't know, especially their finances. We also don't know if they have a lobbying division, a policing division, the nature of their excommunication policy, etc. They are as bad as the secretive Nichiren Shoshu priests who they rail against. Actually, they are worse because SGI claims there are no secrets while the Nichiren Shoshu readily admits that they have "highly secret teachings" that only the priests are privy too. In both cases, it is a matter of controlling others.

Nichijew

Nichijew, why not pass on SGI-Bye's guidance to Danny Nagashima? I bet he'd be grateful for all the guidance he can get in these difficult times when SGI-USA is unable to grow because the Daimoku of the Kempon Hokke is so powerful ;-)

As a European ex-member the names of USA leaders that are mentioned on here are usually just names to me, so I googled these two. From his Linked-In and facebook profiles it looks like Al Albergate retired from his SGI-USA staff position as Director of Community Relations/Director of the Public Relations Department in 2001. But hey, you never leave this cult so he probably has some fancy unpaid leadership position nowadays.
[www.facebook.com]
[www.linkedin.com]
[www.urbandharma.org]

As for Gerry Hall, for someone who is on staff as Director of IT, he has a strangely open Facebook Wall and photos which show his Japanese wife and his children to the public. His wall isn't that interesting as it is mainly cheesy quotes from the dear leader. He is also the registered owner of www.sgi-usa-study.org domain but that isn't unusual for a Director of IT.
[www.facebook.com]

So Nichijew, if you don't have their email addresses to send the guidance to, you can message it via Facebook, which will send it in an email to their private in boxes.

Please let us know their responses. I do hope they express their gratitude for your concern!
Its not our teachings [Daimoku] that is hindering them. its our slander that is so powerful, according to them. Their teachings are so ineffectual that they can't overcome slander, grow, and gain protection from the Buddhist gods because of a small insignificant sect. How sad!

Nichijew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2012 09:14PM by Nichijew.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: April 28, 2012 01:47AM

simplify
Hitch
"“Welcome, youthful prince of the arts!”—with those warm words, SGI President Ikeda greeted the actor Orlando Bloom and friends at the Nagano Training Center in Nagano Prefecture, Japan, on July 30. One of Hollywood’s most promising young stars, Mr. Bloom is an SGI member from the U.K. Enjoying their first meeting with Mr. Bloom,

Ughhh. What a nauseating mutual admiration fest. Can you imagine an article publishing a dialogue between a lowly no-name member and Ikeda?

That other destructive cult, Scientology, uses celebrity members a lot as well.

New York magazine did a profile on Orlando Bloom's wife, the supermodel Miranda Kerr, in the last year. Something I also found interesting was that when the topic of she and Orlando's faith in SGI Buddhism came up, she did not want to talk about it at all.

Which was refreshing to me.

On topic of the internal workings of the SGI corporation, it just seems like a huge building with never-ending corridors that lead to more corridors and secret doors...It is an behemoth that breeds what so many major corporations breed, religious or business. And SGI is a business.

Posted by: Tibbs ()
Date: April 28, 2012 02:30AM

I met Al Albergate years ago when I was manning an SGI publications booth at a religious book convention. He didn't make much of an impression on me one way or the other.

I remember the SGI booth at the convention had books like The Buddha In Your Mirror but absolutely NO Human Revolution volumes. There may have been some other Ikeda books, but I can't remember. I've tried so hard to forget that part of my life.

I tried to read that Orlando Bloom article but it was making me naseous. Even when I was deeply into the cult I would try to read the Human Revolution serialization in the World Tribune and I couldn't do it. The writing was such crap! And why did the Dear Leader insist on a pseudonym?! We all knew who it was.

Posted by: redrose ()
Date: April 28, 2012 02:42AM

A little thing I found in regards to Orlando and Miranda:

Miranda Kerr Chants With Baby Flynn And Husband Orlando Bloom! Exclusive Details:
Tags:Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom, victoria's secret

comments 10
Victoria’s Secret Angel Miranda says her son Flynn’s favorite words are from a Buddhist chant that she recites morning and night with her husband Orlando.
Miranda Kerr tells HollyBaby.com exclusively that her Buddhist practice keeps her spiritually fit and that her 10-month-old son Flynn loves to listen to her and her husband Orlando Bloom chant.

Miranda Kerr opened up to HollyBaby.com at the 2011 Victoria’s Secret Viewing Party Tuesday night at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts in Costa Mesa, CA about her son Flynn’s favorite words, a chant from Miranda and Orlando’s S.G.I. (Soka Gakkai International) Buddhist practice.

“The whole time I was pregnant, I was chanting to my son and when I was giving birth, Orlando was chanting. So that was the first thing he heard when he came out into the world, Nam-Myo-Renge-Kyo. It’s pronounced ‘Nam-Me-oh-ho-Ren-gay-Key-oh’. And now we chant as a family. Flynn sits there and has his little beads. He loves it.”

Miranda says she and her husband Orlando are members of Soka Gakkai International which follows the teachings of Nichiren Daishonin, a Buddhist monk who lived in 13th century Japan.

“I think it’s really important to be first and foremost spiritually fit because it really radiates beauty for the rest of your life!”

“For the holidays I will be back home in Australia. I am really looking forward to spending time with my grandparents. When I think about Christmas I think about being with my family, my cousins, aunts and uncles, my grandparents, my parents and my brother. I am just really looking forward to catching up with them and this time sharing it with Flynn. So it will be amazing.”

And as far as believing in angels? “Yes, I do believe in angels. My son is an angel!”

Date: April 28, 2012 02:44AM

I too chanted while pregnant with my kids and they loved the chant. But I always kept it in perspective.

Date: April 28, 2012 03:07AM

The other thing I heard was that when Orlando went to FNCC with a YMD conf. the members were told not to make a big deal about him there and to respect him as just a plain SGI member. He intergrated with the members and was not treated any different. I get the impression that this couple really does not want to be used by the SGI for their pr machine. You notice that when Orlando went to Japan that Kate Bosworth was with him and they broke up not long after that. I guess it wasn't her cup of tea.

Posted by: SGBye ()
Date: April 28, 2012 04:03AM

redrose
The other thing I heard was that when Orlando went to FNCC with a YMD conf. the members were told not to make a big deal about him there and to respect him as just a plain SGI member. He intergrated with the members and was not treated any different.

I wonder what days Orlando Bloom has set aside for Gajokai duty. Has he devoted any Saturday mornings to cleaning the toilets at his local kaikan? Does he pick up other members for meetings and then drop them off afterwards? If he wants to be treated like everyone else, I hope he's doing the grunt work that every other member is pressured to do.

Date: April 28, 2012 04:25AM

Now let's not go too far with the intergrated stuff! Gajokai? I doubt that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.