Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 22, 2011 12:02PM

Let's not forget, as executives of the corporation, they have huge corporate expense accounts, cars, credit cards, travel expenses, entertainment expenses, and the best benefit package money can buy, all not included in the salary disclosure.

It is also interesting that the Japanese Vice General Director makes more than the English General Director. Is Samuels a figurehead?

Nichijew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 12:03PM by Nichijew.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: simplify ()
Date: June 22, 2011 08:05PM

It is not so much the amounts they get, one would expect fairly substantial salaries in these jobs. The expenses are all in the accounts that are publicly viewable on the link I gave. What I don't get is why after many years of cost of living pay rises there was a sudden hike to nearly double the figure in a single year. What caused that?

The vice-gen director, Kazuo has been in the job for ever, so his pay may be greater simply from longevity - ie rising by cost of living amounts each year. Kazuo was vice-general director to Dick Causton (the first UK general director). When Dick died Kazuo was unable to take over as general director as Kazuo is Japanese. Robert Samuels is a very active leader and is certainly not a figurehead to the UK members. I think Kazuo is near retirement as he is not very much in evidence these days.

Date: June 22, 2011 08:29PM

Another thing that has been worrying me lately is those awful 'Sensei's videos'. They are truly terrible, but it is not just the content that is disturbing. I'm wondering if they are being used to send subliminal messages to the viewers.

I know this sounds a bit far fetched, but actually nowadays it is really easy to do. I've done it myself (to myself) on my own computer with some fairly simple software, so I can't imagine that it would be difficult for SGI with all its resources to edit in some subliminal messages on Sensei's video. I first got into this when after years of failing to succeed at quitting smoking (I tried everything including conventional hypnosis), I easily gave up after using a hypnosis CD which also had subliminal suggestion on it. I'm convinced it was the subliminal stuff that got under my subconscious defences. It was like a switch in my brain turned off the nicotine addiction- there was no pain, it was (and is) like I had never smoked. It was incredibly powerful mind changing stuff. I had such a fantastic experience from this that I started investigating subliminal suggestion and making messages to flash on my screen about taking more exercise etc :-)

How easy it would be for SGI to add both visual messages (which you can't consciously see because they are flashed on the screen too quickly) and aural messages (that have frequencies masking the message - best done with music) to the videos. Maybe this explains why they are so keen for members to watch these screenings and why the dedicated members who do regularly attend these awful shows appear to be even more brainwashed than the rest of us!

Posted by: Stoic ()
Date: June 22, 2011 09:22PM

Its possible that SGI have been playing a 'long game' in the UK, establishing a structural base for future expansion.
Its not very well known and we don't have the historical ties to Japan that the US has--we have only a tiny, transient Japanese presence here, mostly business people, students and diplomats, very few immigrants.

Politically the UK culture is very different to the US, but the recent change of government has allowed all kinds of new possibilities for faith schools etc to open up, provided that they are not a financial burden on the state--which must attract SGI's notice.
The sudden upswing in pay may reflect the additional expectations on these execs to make hay in the new, less draconian political climate.

Additionally we are predominantly secular--even the Archbishop of Canterbury, the foremost C of E figure, is regarded as an almost secular figure, so although the scope for nurturing fervent believers is always present, SGI may be taking a far more cautious strategy here than in the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 09:35PM by Stoic.

Date: June 22, 2011 10:23PM

Stoic
Its possible that SGI have been playing a 'long game' in the UK, establishing a structural base for future expansion.
Its not very well known and we don't have the historical ties to Japan that the US has--we have only a tiny, transient Japanese presence here, mostly business people, students and diplomats, very few immigrants.

Politically the UK culture is very different to the US, but the recent change of government has allowed all kinds of new possibilities for faith schools etc to open up, provided that they are not a financial burden on the state--which must attract SGI's notice.
The sudden upswing in pay may reflect the additional expectations on these execs to make hay in the new, less draconian political climate.

Additionally we are predominantly secular--even the Archbishop of Canterbury, the foremost C of E figure, is regarded as an almost secular figure, so although the scope for nurturing fervent believers is always present, SGI may be taking a far more cautious strategy here than in the US.

That makes a lot of sense, Stoic. Most Brits are very wary of evangelical behaviour. However it looks as though SGI-UK is coming out of its cautious phase with the latest aggressive push for members to accept Ikeda as their mentor, with the whole Mentor/Disciple thing overshadowing any other teaching in SGI's version of Nichiren Buddhism. The timing of this push seems to correspond with the massive pay rises given to Robert and Kazuo, although of course it could be a complete coincidence. I wonder how many members will leave SGI-UK in the near future? The mind-control techniques can't work on everyone.

Now that groups of parents can get together to found schools with funding from the government, I expect to see some SGI based schools appearing in the UK in the next few years. However I would guess that they will be started by enthusiastic SGI true believers, giving their time and effort for free, rather than by the paid staff at Taplow Court.

Posted by: tsukimoto ()
Date: June 22, 2011 11:08PM

Nichijew
We see not one word about SGI and Ikeda while beseeching America to let I Choose [SGI] into its High Schools. See the vacuous eyes of the I Choose cast and crew.

The entire organization I Choose is an SGI covert mind control division of the Soka Gakkai as is the International Committee of Artists For Peace. They are no different than American journalists and entertainers who work for the CIA.

What would Shakyamuni Buddha and Nichiren Daishonin say about such deceit perpetrated in their name and the name of their Law?

Nichijew

SGI does this quite a lot: sponsors all of these organizations that make no mention of being affiliated with SGI...they're for the arts, for anti-violence initiatives, "peace studies," the environment, educating youth. If you don't know the rhetoric -- or who SGI leaders are -- you have no idea that the organization is linked to SGI. With that link that Nichijew posted, "Ian McIlrath" and the "Victory over Violence" campaign are just about the only clues that "Art for Peace" is linked with SGI.

There's the Spirit of Knowledge Academy (Soka) in Worcester, Massachusetts, possibly the Barack Obama Charter School in Los Angeles, the Institute of Oriental Philosophy, the Toda Institute for Global Peace and Policy Research (with pictures of Gandhi, Mother Theresa, and Martin Luther King Jr. on its website), the International Peace Research Association...the list goes on and on. Even to kids' cartoons.

On page 72 of this thread, there are several posts about how Ikeda's name was mentioned at the beginning of a series of children's cartoons in Malaysia. The cartoons themselves have cute, colorful little characters talking about love and friendship...but why have Ikeda's name ("Dr. Ikeda) mentioned at the beginning of the cartoon? Gotta indoctrinate the next generation early! And in light of the post on subliminal suggestions...it's scary. And of course with the cartoons -- again, no overt mention of Buddhism, or SGI.

On page 46 of this thread, there were several posts about the Peace Studies Program at Ball State University in Indiana, led by Professor George Wolfe. A student filed a complaint about essentially being taught SGI philosophy though Professor Wolfe did not call it that. Professor Wolfe had ties to the Toda Institute, and said, disingenuously, that "A Buddhist organization helps sponsor the Toda Institute." As if something named after President Toda could be anything BUT SGI's baby! But -- you would have to know something about SGI to know that, and most Americans don't.

As with the Spirit of Knowledge Academy in Worcester...the original application mentioned "Japanese educator and writer Daisaku Ikeda." Never a word about SGI, of course, and the last time I checked, the description was just "based on the educational philosopher of Josei Toda." But of course no mention of the fact that Josei Toda was the second president of SGI, and how would someone know that if they hadn't been in SGI?

And didn't SGI-USA (back when it was NSA) do the same thing with the Liberty Bell? Back in the 70's, youth division members, dressed in clothing of the 1700's, offered to bring a replica of the Liberty Bell into schools? Again, they didn't really say clearly that they were part of SGI -- and most schools didn't ask. God knows how many front groups SGI has out there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 11:21PM by tsukimoto.

Posted by: ScoobyDooby ()
Date: June 23, 2011 12:25AM

tsukimoto

And didn't SGI-USA (back when it was NSA) do the same thing with the Liberty Bell? Back in the 70's, youth division members, dressed in clothing of the 1700's, offered to bring a replica of the Liberty Bell into schools? Again, they didn't really say clearly that they were part of SGI -- and most schools didn't ask. God knows how many front groups SGI has out there[/quote

I do remember the Liberty Bell thing - I believe it was the early 80s when I was first exposed to NSA. I remember that there was a very negative article in the Boston Globe which had a lot of people upset and on the defensive.

Posted by: Shavoy ()
Date: June 23, 2011 04:16AM

simplify
Another thing that has been worrying me lately is those awful 'Sensei's videos'. They are truly terrible, but it is not just the content that is disturbing. I'm wondering if they are being used to send subliminal messages to the viewers.

I know this sounds a bit far fetched, but actually nowadays it is really easy to do. I've done it myself (to myself) on my own computer with some fairly simple software, so I can't imagine that it would be difficult for SGI with all its resources to edit in some subliminal messages on Sensei's video. I first got into this when after years of failing to succeed at quitting smoking (I tried everything including conventional hypnosis), I easily gave up after using a hypnosis CD which also had subliminal suggestion on it. I'm convinced it was the subliminal stuff that got under my subconscious defences. It was like a switch in my brain turned off the nicotine addiction- there was no pain, it was (and is) like I had never smoked. It was incredibly powerful mind changing stuff. I had such a fantastic experience from this that I started investigating subliminal suggestion and making messages to flash on my screen about taking more exercise etc :-)

How easy it would be for SGI to add both visual messages (which you can't consciously see because they are flashed on the screen too quickly) and aural messages (that have frequencies masking the message - best done with music) to the videos. Maybe this explains why they are so keen for members to watch these screenings and why the dedicated members who do regularly attend these awful shows appear to be even more brainwashed than the rest of us!

And what's also truly gack-y is the fact that this videos are required showing, every month, no deviation. If members try to "deviate" from the Plan with fresh ideas of their own, well, that goes over like a lead balloon. Not havin' it. Too scary.

I see the subliminal point, Simplify. It's done for the sole veneration of P.I. That's it. Repeated messages to numb members' minds into Giving Him the Glory. Not NMRK.

I haven't felt great waves of joy any more in the audience when these videos have been shown in recent months. It's like members are already numb where they don't even give much reaction, or clap, like what used to happen whenever Sensei's image appeared. People seem bored, but they can't show it. I know there have to be a number of them who want to break out, try new things, but don't feel they can.

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: June 23, 2011 05:38AM

ScoobyDooby
tsukimoto

And didn't SGI-USA (back when it was NSA) do the same thing with the Liberty Bell? Back in the 70's, youth division members, dressed in clothing of the 1700's, offered to bring a replica of the Liberty Bell into schools? Again, they didn't really say clearly that they were part of SGI -- and most schools didn't ask. God knows how many front groups SGI has out there[/quote

I do remember the Liberty Bell thing - I believe it was the early 80s when I was first exposed to NSA. I remember that there was a very negative article in the Boston Globe which had a lot of people upset and on the defensive.
I wore one of the ill-fitting tri-corner liberty hats and handed a tourist the rope so they could ring the bell. 2 or 3 other stoicly smiling YMD and The bell was on a large platform with red, white and blue Patriotism smattered all over it. When our leader was asked "What is NSA?" he looked a little uncomfortable and replied that it was a World Peace Organization.

Date: June 23, 2011 02:30PM

Nichijew
We see not one word about SGI and Ikeda while beseeching America to let I Choose [SGI] into its High Schools. See the vacuous eyes of the I Choose cast and crew.

The entire organization I Choose is an SGI covert mind control division of the Soka Gakkai as is the International Committee of Artists For Peace. They are no different than American journalists and entertainers who work for the CIA.

What would Shakyamuni Buddha and Nichiren Daishonin say about such deceit perpetrated in their name and the name of their Law?

Nichijew

Yuck - is there any way of stopping this stuff?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.