Re: Soka Gakkai International -- SGI
Posted by: ScoobyDooby ()
Date: June 23, 2011 07:55PM

rattyboy
ScoobyDooby
tsukimoto

And didn't SGI-USA (back when it was NSA) do the same thing with the Liberty Bell? Back in the 70's, youth division members, dressed in clothing of the 1700's, offered to bring a replica of the Liberty Bell into schools? Again, they didn't really say clearly that they were part of SGI -- and most schools didn't ask. God knows how many front groups SGI has out there[/quote

I do remember the Liberty Bell thing - I believe it was the early 80s when I was first exposed to NSA. I remember that there was a very negative article in the Boston Globe which had a lot of people upset and on the defensive.
I wore one of the ill-fitting tri-corner liberty hats and handed a tourist the rope so they could ring the bell. 2 or 3 other stoicly smiling YMD and The bell was on a large platform with red, white and blue Patriotism smattered all over it. When our leader was asked "What is NSA?" he looked a little uncomfortable and replied that it was a World Peace Organization.

Interesting rattyboy. I found the Globe article I was referring to in my post right here in Rick Ross site:

[www.culteducation.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: simplify ()
Date: June 24, 2011 01:55AM

ScoobyDooby
rattyboy
ScoobyDooby
tsukimoto

[size=x-small

And didn't SGI-USA[/size] (back when it was NSA) do the same thing with the Liberty Bell? Back in the 70's, youth division members, dressed in clothing of the 1700's, offered to bring a replica of the Liberty Bell into schools? Again, they didn't really say clearly that they were part of SGI -- and most schools didn't ask. God knows how many front groups SGI has out there

I do remember the Liberty Bell thing - I believe it was the early 80s when I was first exposed to NSA. I remember that there was a very negative article in the Boston Globe which had a lot of people upset and on the defensive.
I wore one of the ill-fitting tri-corner liberty hats and handed a tourist the rope so they could ring the bell. 2 or 3 other stoicly smiling YMD and The bell was on a large platform with red, white and blue Patriotism smattered all over it. When our leader was asked "What is NSA?" he looked a little uncomfortable and replied that it was a World Peace Organization.

Interesting rattyboy. I found the Globe article I was referring to in my post right here in Rick Ross site:

[www.culteducation.com]

Excellent article, thanks for bringing it to our attention, wish I'd seen it 20 years ago. The following from the article really struck me:

"When lay leaders go too far, the priests rein them in; but if recruitment then falters, the laity reassumes control. One might even say that NSA shifts back and forth from religion to cult, depending on who's in charge."

The laity were permanently in control only a couple of years after the article was published.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2011 02:07AM by simplify.

Date: June 24, 2011 02:17AM

Shavoy
And what's also truly gack-y is the fact that this videos are required showing, every month, no deviation. If members try to "deviate" from the Plan with fresh ideas of their own, well, that goes over like a lead balloon. Not havin' it. Too scary.

I see the subliminal point, Simplify. It's done for the sole veneration of P.I. That's it. Repeated messages to numb members' minds into Giving Him the Glory. Not NMRK.

I haven't felt great waves of joy any more in the audience when these videos have been shown in recent months. It's like members are already numb where they don't even give much reaction, or clap, like what used to happen whenever Sensei's image appeared. People seem bored, but they can't show it. I know there have to be a number of them who want to break out, try new things, but don't feel they can.

Well of course these screenings are compulsory, otherwise the mind control might begin to lose its effect, and SGI couldn't comtemplate that!

I was referring to more sinister ''hidden from view" subliminal messages that might be in the videos (and maybe explain their power), rather than the fairly overt audibly repeated mind-numbing stuff, which is super gack-y as it is.

Posted by: bobze39 ()
Date: June 24, 2011 07:49AM

tennpeach

Her name was Kimi L., I remember meething her for the 1st time when I was 15 years old, I think she was a similar to my mother--so she might have been about 35~40 years old at that time. I returned from out-of-country in '86. Then the split happened--she contacted my mother around 1991 to let her know that SGI leaders were trying to dig up any kind of dirt to discredit me as being a "disgruntled member", etc.. In the end, since they couldn't get the kind of information they wanted, they made up stories-- real doozies, I tell you. Returning to Ms. Kimi's story--she moved to Austin in Texas around 1995. She was working a minimum wage job, had severe emphysema and needed to carry oxygen. Her leader told her that she must attend some big meeting in Houston, she explained to the leader that if she went, she wouldn't be able to afford her oxygen....that ldr told her she must show conviction of her practice, use her money to attend that "big" meeting and "overcome" her illness by showing she didn't need the oxygen. My mother begged her to use common sense, her oxygen and life was more important that going to that meeting....she didn't listen...she went, returned home. A few days, her landlord found her dead...she had basically suffocated from lack of oxygen....

Tennpeach, thank you for sharing this story.
SGI leaders were trying to dig up any kind of dirt to discredit me as being a "disgruntled member", etc.. In the end, since they couldn't get the kind of information they wanted, they made up stories-- real doozies, I tell you.
Can you tell a little bit more abot this defamation campaign? Why did it start? For how long did it continue? Defamation campaigns usually involve stalking as people try to dig up some dirt, so how far did SGI go to violate your privacy? Did they spread those stories, "doozies" at your workplace, among your relatives and friends, or did they go further and spread them around in your neighbourhood?

Posted by: rattyboy ()
Date: June 24, 2011 09:50AM

rattyboy
ScoobyDooby
tsukimoto

And didn't SGI-USA (back when it was NSA) do the same thing with the Liberty Bell? Back in the 70's, youth division members, dressed in clothing of the 1700's, offered to bring a replica of the Liberty Bell into schools? Again, they didn't really say clearly that they were part of SGI -- and most schools didn't ask. God knows how many front groups SGI has out there[/quote

I knew we were deceiving people and I expected my comrades in faux- patriotism to feel the same way, but none of us made obvious displays of discomfort while we stood there silently by that bell. I might have had the notion of getting out then. There were other times I took off from activities when I could sneak away. I was even chased by other YMD once as I ran away to get to my car and go home to avoid some 12 hour or more involvement with some activity. The movie "A Ticket to Heaven" reminded me of that. I think it is based on the Moonies. I recommend that for anyone who wants to follow the main character through his resistance to mind control/ brainwashing, then being sucked in.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 24, 2011 11:13PM

simplify
Shavoy
And what's also truly gack-y is the fact that this videos are required showing, every month, no deviation. If members try to "deviate" from the Plan with fresh ideas of their own, well, that goes over like a lead balloon. Not havin' it. Too scary.

I see the subliminal point, Simplify. It's done for the sole veneration of P.I. That's it. Repeated messages to numb members' minds into Giving Him the Glory. Not NMRK.

I haven't felt great waves of joy any more in the audience when these videos have been shown in recent months. It's like members are already numb where they don't even give much reaction, or clap, like what used to happen whenever Sensei's image appeared. People seem bored, but they can't show it. I know there have to be a number of them who want to break out, try new things, but don't feel they can.

Well of course these screenings are compulsory, otherwise the mind control might begin to lose its effect, and SGI couldn't comtemplate that!

I was referring to more sinister ''hidden from view" subliminal messages that might be in the videos (and maybe explain their power), rather than the fairly overt audibly repeated mind-numbing stuff, which is super gack-y as it is.
That would make perfect sense. That may be why the videos are not publically displayed on the internet and why they are so closely guarded and carefully handled by the top leaders. Were they to be widely distributed, they could be carefully scrutinized and analyzed for sublimal messages which are illegal.

Date: June 25, 2011 12:27AM

Nichijew
simplify

That would make perfect sense. That may be why the videos are not publically displayed on the internet and why they are so closely guarded and carefully handled by the top leaders. Were they to be widely distributed, they could be carefully scrutinized and analyzed for sublimal messages which are illegal.

Exactly what I thought Nichijew. There is a lot of security about who can get their hands on these discs. You'd think in these times of cheap copying of dvds they'd be handing them out to districts to view at local meetings (urrrgh). The fact they are so closely guarded is suspicious. On the other hand there is so much secrecy in the culture of SGI, that maybe the top leaders think this is a normal way to behave around the distribution of seemingly innocuous (but truly nauseating) dvds, so maybe I'm just being paranoid!

I don't think subliminial messages are illegal per se - but only illegal if the viewer/listener is not informed that that is what is going on. (The subliminal smoking cessation CD I purchased printed the subliminal script for the user to read - even though the message was not audible at all when the disc was played.)

However using subliminal messages deceptively to manipulate members, without their knowledge, is something I can see SGI doing. Not only would that be illegal/criminal it would be totally amoral. But in character.

Posted by: Nichijew ()
Date: June 25, 2011 01:57AM

simplify
Nichijew
simplify

Exactly what I thought Nichijew. There is a lot of security about who can get their hands on these discs. You'd think in these times of cheap copying of dvds they'd be handing them out to districts to view at local meetings (urrrgh). The fact they are so closely guarded is suspicious. On the other hand there is so much secrecy in the culture of SGI, that maybe the top leaders think this is a normal way to behave around the distribution of seemingly innocuous (but truly nauseating) dvds, so maybe I'm just being paranoid!

I don't think subliminial messages are illegal per se - but only illegal if the viewer/listener is not informed that that is what is going on. (The subliminal smoking cessation CD I purchased printed the subliminal script for the user to read - even though the message was not audible at all when the disc was played.)

However using subliminal messages deceptively to manipulate members, without their knowledge, is something I can see SGI doing. Not only would that be illegal/criminal it would be totally amoral. But in character.
Too bad Assange and Wikileaks isn't on the case. A fly [bug] on the wall of the SGI executive committee meeting would be a real eye opener, I bet. I once wrote a little satire on one of their meetings. Some silly people actually believed it was the minutes of one of their meetings:

Minutes of the SGI Top Salaried Senior Leader's New Years Board Meeting

Board Members, sitting around a large brass table with marble legs:

Present: Daisaku Ikeda, Hiromasa Ikeda, Minoru Hirada, Itchy Wada, Nobutaka Kumagai, Koji Shinohara, Toshinori Iwazumi, Archibald E. Asawa

Quorum present? Yes

Others Present: Executive USA Director Danny Nagashima, Chang Dong Huang, Arnold Kawasaki

Proceedings:
· Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chair, Hiromasa Ikeda
· (Last month's) meeting minutes were amended and approved

· Chief Executive's Report: "It was recommend by our wonderful and compassionate mentor for life, our dear President Ikeda that if we are not able to find an increase in revenues by 15% this year, some drastic changes will be made and neither you nor the members will be happy. This is the guidance given to me by Sensei. He also taught me the meaning of total victory. Then, regarding our plains for Kyushu and East Asia..."

Daisaku Ikeda interupts:"If you can't get a across a moat ten feet wide, how the hell are you going to earn the huge bonuses that my son promised you for 2010?'

Chief Executive: "That right, just yester......"

Daisaku Ikeda again interrupts: "We just spent seventy five million refurbishing the Headquarters and International Culture building as well as your offices. Who do you think is going to pay for it, me and Hiromasu? Right, your members. Banging on the brass and marble table, "If you can't lift this table, you weaklings, I will find someone who can, right Hiromasu?"

Hiromasu Ikeda: "Yes father"

Chief Executive: "Lets hear a report about Soka University of America from Arnold Kawasaki."

Arnold Kawasaki: "We are doing tremendously, total, absolute, complete, victory. We have increased our enrollment by 75% from 474 to 927 students and we only lost 96 million dollars last year but our holdings and endowment from SGI North and South American members donations increased by 430% and the university and its land holdings is now worth an estimated 1.34 billion dollars up from one billion dollars.'

Daisaku Ikeda interupts, again banging on the desk while shouting in English "GRRREEAAT GRRREEAAT": "Arnold is a model for all of you and he's only 55 years old, practically a youth division member."

Arnold: "HAI. We are also working very hard creating the illusion that we are non-denominational with the ex Mayor of Los Angeles Tom Bradley, now on our board of directors along with Rick Warren . Sensei is the most wonderful Sensei in the whole entire world."

Daisaku Ikeda: "Rick Wallen? Who is he?"

Arnold Kawasaki: "He is gleat leader of the evangelical Christian movement in America. He is great fundraiser and is looked upon by millions of Christians as a model of faith. We got him cheap, for $1,800,000.00 ."

Everyone: "Ah So!!! Excellent, Excellent", as their long broad tongues reached up to the heaven of Aizen Myo, the SGI patron saint of money laundering.

Itchy Wada: "Sensei has organized a fantastic week for us at our nature and culture center in Palau, don't bring your wives, if you know what I mean but you have to show Sensei the deepest consideration and work very hard to increase our revenues, what do you say?"

Everyone in unison, "HAI, HAI, Thank You Sensei, HAI HAI"

Daisaku Ikeda: 'As you all know, my health hasn't been up to snuff lately, so Hiramasu will be taking over many of my responsibilities, particularly dolling out the cash and traveling here and there to pick up my awards. You must support and protect him". Seeing Danny Nagashima sleeping from jet lag, Ikeda shouts, "RIGHT DANNY BOY".

Danny snaps to attention.

Daisaku Ikeda: "Danny, please tell us how the Rock the Era for Sensei movement is progressing. Without a new influx of brainwas... uh, uhh, highly motivated youth, how are we going to increase revenues by 15%?"

Danny Nagashima, again half asleep: "Lock the Elah is going GLATE,", clearing his throat and again snapping to attention, ROCK THE ERA IS GOING GREAT. We got this Clown, Philip Brett going to sing his famous song Seeds for Sensei [actually named You Are All That You Need but he couldn't tell that to Sensei] and Vanissa Shaw is looking hot!"

Everyone nods in agreement.

Danny Nagashima: "But I don't know about that weasal Nathan Gauer, Danny Hall and especially Ian MCailraith. Danny and Ian are complaining about their $50,000 bonuses and Nathan is wondering when he will become salaried. I don't know if they are completely on board?"

Daisaku Ikeda red in the face and shouting, "MAHALLLOOO, MAHHHAAALLLOOOOO" [Fools, Fools]

Hiramosu Ikeda: "Take it easy father, you know your pressure and heart..."

Daisaku Ikeda: "SHUT UP, you think Nichiren Daishonin worried about his blood pressure and heart, you are all Mahaloo, except for Arnold over here, come Arnold, lets go out for Soba noodles and leave these fools here to deeply reflect on the next Zaimu Campaign. You got that secretary, I want this a part of the minutes, don't miss a word, no one is going to see them anyway but I like to review them before the next meeting." Ikeda walks out with Arnold...

Other Topics [Led by Mr Hirada]: "Sasaki asserts that our organization must ensure its name is associated with the Victory Over Violence, most people make absolutely no connection. Too many gaijin have their hands in the pot. Wherever you have such an exhibit make sure Sensei's posters are prominently displayed. Also Simon Weisanthal is giving us a hard time. You Archie (Asawa) bring him another million, you know how greedy they are those green eyed devils."

'The Nichiren Shoshu, especially Nichimyo is also starting trouble. He changed their doctrine, declaring that their members are indeed Bodhisattvas of the Earth, rather than followers of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth. See if you can throw a monkey wrench into their plans Kumagai, money is no object. We already lost six senior leaders in Taiwan, three in the Phillipines, and one in the United States thanks to their machinations."

"On the Gohonzon question, we have just got to get a Nichiren inscribed Gohonzon. That heretic Tsuchiya over there in Kyoto has the members all up in arms about the lousy Nichikan Gohonzon. Trouble is, he is uncorruptable. What do you think? Should we crush Tsuchiya like a bug or should we start to phase out the Nichikan Gohonzon. I think, even the pioneers would prefer a Nichiren Gohonzon, there are tons of them on the net. We don't even need one of our own. How that bug Tsuchiya and his shitty little sect held on to three of them [Nichiren Gohonzon] I can't understand for the life of me. We offered their chief priest forty eight million dollars for one. Don't get me started."

"The organization should generate revenues where possible from the bosses books and thanks to Lavorra Perry creating those cartoons for Sensei, we have a giant stream of revenue. I think we should make her a Zone Chief. Linda Johnson is becoming quite a liability. We should express our sympathy and support for her outwardly because she could make some problems for us. Lets keep her busy with our legal matters and ask Matilda Buck to give the gaijin our guidances."

"Shinohara explained that consultant, Wacky Nobu, reviewed the organization's accounting procedures and found them to be satisfactory, in preparation for the upcoming yearly financial audit. One book for the Japanese, one book for the Americans, and the real book for Sensei. Nobu recommends that we ensure the auditor provides a management letter along with the audit financial report and of course we will need three originals."

"Shinohara also reviewed highlights, trends and issues from the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. Issues include that high accounts receivables require Finance Committee attention to policies and procedures to ensure our organization receives more donations on time. After brief discussion of the issues and suggestions about how to ensure receiving the donations on time MOTION to accept financial statements; seconded and passed."

'Shinohara also presented members with a draft of the reworded By-laws paragraph that would mandate members conduct actions only face to face so neither a paper nor electronic trail is ever maintained. He suggested review and a resolution to change the By-laws accordingly. Iwazumi suggested we immediately notify each and every Zone Chief of these proposals before the next Board meeting.'

Hirada Interrupts: "We must also cut the legal and accounting costs by 10%, at least by sixty seven million dollars and our TV and advertising expenditures are to rise by forty eight million dollars, according to Sensei. We must make this happen. Total victory for Sensei!"

Hiromasu Ikeda: "Total Victory for Sensei! Thank you Mr Hirada, I motion to close the meeting."

Seconded unanimously.

Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Ikegami.

Posted by: doubtful ()
Date: June 25, 2011 02:54AM

@spamster who wrote, " Daisaku Ikeda has written some of the best interpretations of Nichirens writings, that are available - they are well worth reading to get a modern, 'daily life' understanding of Buddhism. however, simply by calling him 'sensei' and saying you can 'feel his heart' repeatedly, you will not change your life in any way whatsoever. Also, while he writes some really good encouraging guidance (often via ghost writers), his poetry sucks. As does his photography. He's human. Get over it.
- Giving money to Soka Gakkai is a good way of supporting the organisation, enabling them (us?) to build more centres, fund libraries, educational activities etc. However, it will NOT change your financial karma, magically turn you into a millionaire, help your money management
" Welcome to the board. I really enjoyed your post. However the only thing I could think is that SGI UK must be very different than here because you sound quite rational and intelligent (I am not being condescending) yet you don't appear to grasp that SGI is the problem. Ikeda is the problem. The leaders/members are the problem. At this point it seems futile to try to determine who is the guiltiest of perverting Buddhism. They all share the responsibility. If you have read most of the thread you will get a taste of what's in store for SGI UK and SGI anywhere new. Obviously your experience of the organization allows you to accomodate the non-Buddhist nature of the organization to your own detriment. If you really are able to separate the true from the false of how SGI members/leaders distort Buddhism why hasn't this led you to question the need to engage in the separation or accomodation? First of all, Ikeda's writings are okay, just okay when you read other Buddhist writers like Jack Kornfield, Thich Nhat Hanh, or Dalai Lama to name a few. In fact, a casual search on Amazon or on Google will yield up quite a number of interpreters that make Ikeda look simplistic and narrowly focused on praising Toda (so that the readers will praise HIM). Even before leaving SGI, I had started reading other Buddhist writers only to find the SGI pubs lacking more and more. Furthermore, SGI leaders think his is the last word on Buddhism when NOTHING could be further from the truth to anyone who studies Buddhism outside of SGI. They also see him as greater than MLK and greater than Gandhi--even though he has done NOTHING to deserve this outside of propagating SGI's version of Nichiren Buddhism. Therefore the idea of gathering funds for a multi-billion dollar organization to build more centers or sponsor more exhibits like Gandh-King-Ikeda or to trumpet Ikeda's greatness in other more or less subtle ways etc is not a benign activity. Of course no one's financial karma or status will change, except that of the top leaders. You sound like a good man with a good heart who values Nichiren Buddhism, but you are not being as critical of SGI as you might suspect. In short, your accomodations could end up contributing to more people joining or continuing something that is definitely not Buddhist. If that's what you intend, ok. If not...

Date: June 25, 2011 09:40PM

Nichijew
[
Too bad Assange and Wikileaks isn't on the case. A fly [bug] on the wall of the SGI executive committee meeting would be a real eye opener, I bet. I once wrote a little satire on one of their meetings. Some silly people actually believed it was the minutes of one of their meetings:

Minutes of the SGI Top Salaried Senior Leader's New Years Board Meeting

Board Members, sitting around a large brass table with marble legs:

Present: Daisaku Ikeda, Hiromasa Ikeda, Minoru Hirada, Itchy Wada, Nobutaka Kumagai, Koji Shinohara, Toshinori Iwazumi, Archibald E. Asawa

Quorum present? Yes

Others Present: Executive USA Director Danny Nagashima, Chang Dong Huang, Arnold Kawasaki

Proceedings:
· Meeting called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chair, Hiromasa Ikeda
· (Last month's) meeting minutes were amended and approved

· Chief Executive's Report: "It was recommend by our wonderful and compassionate mentor for life, our dear President Ikeda that if we are not able to find an increase in revenues by 15% this year, some drastic changes will be made and neither you nor the members will be happy. This is the guidance given to me by Sensei. He also taught me the meaning of total victory. Then, regarding our plains for Kyushu and East Asia..."

Daisaku Ikeda interupts:"If you can't get a across a moat ten feet wide, how the hell are you going to earn the huge bonuses that my son promised you for 2010?'

Chief Executive: "That right, just yester......"

Daisaku Ikeda again interrupts: "We just spent seventy five million refurbishing the Headquarters and International Culture building as well as your offices. Who do you think is going to pay for it, me and Hiromasu? Right, your members. Banging on the brass and marble table, "If you can't lift this table, you weaklings, I will find someone who can, right Hiromasu?"

Hiromasu Ikeda: "Yes father"

Chief Executive: "Lets hear a report about Soka University of America from Arnold Kawasaki."

Arnold Kawasaki: "We are doing tremendously, total, absolute, complete, victory. We have increased our enrollment by 75% from 474 to 927 students and we only lost 96 million dollars last year but our holdings and endowment from SGI North and South American members donations increased by 430% and the university and its land holdings is now worth an estimated 1.34 billion dollars up from one billion dollars.'

Daisaku Ikeda interupts, again banging on the desk while shouting in English "GRRREEAAT GRRREEAAT": "Arnold is a model for all of you and he's only 55 years old, practically a youth division member."

Arnold: "HAI. We are also working very hard creating the illusion that we are non-denominational with the ex Mayor of Los Angeles Tom Bradley, now on our board of directors along with Rick Warren . Sensei is the most wonderful Sensei in the whole entire world."

Daisaku Ikeda: "Rick Wallen? Who is he?"

Arnold Kawasaki: "He is gleat leader of the evangelical Christian movement in America. He is great fundraiser and is looked upon by millions of Christians as a model of faith. We got him cheap, for $1,800,000.00 ."

Everyone: "Ah So!!! Excellent, Excellent", as their long broad tongues reached up to the heaven of Aizen Myo, the SGI patron saint of money laundering.

Itchy Wada: "Sensei has organized a fantastic week for us at our nature and culture center in Palau, don't bring your wives, if you know what I mean but you have to show Sensei the deepest consideration and work very hard to increase our revenues, what do you say?"

Everyone in unison, "HAI, HAI, Thank You Sensei, HAI HAI"

Daisaku Ikeda: 'As you all know, my health hasn't been up to snuff lately, so Hiramasu will be taking over many of my responsibilities, particularly dolling out the cash and traveling here and there to pick up my awards. You must support and protect him". Seeing Danny Nagashima sleeping from jet lag, Ikeda shouts, "RIGHT DANNY BOY".

Danny snaps to attention.

Daisaku Ikeda: "Danny, please tell us how the Rock the Era for Sensei movement is progressing. Without a new influx of brainwas... uh, uhh, highly motivated youth, how are we going to increase revenues by 15%?"

Danny Nagashima, again half asleep: "Lock the Elah is going GLATE,", clearing his throat and again snapping to attention, ROCK THE ERA IS GOING GREAT. We got this Clown, Philip Brett going to sing his famous song Seeds for Sensei [actually named You Are All That You Need but he couldn't tell that to Sensei] and Vanissa Shaw is looking hot!"

Everyone nods in agreement.

Danny Nagashima: "But I don't know about that weasal Nathan Gauer, Danny Hall and especially Ian MCailraith. Danny and Ian are complaining about their $50,000 bonuses and Nathan is wondering when he will become salaried. I don't know if they are completely on board?"

Daisaku Ikeda red in the face and shouting, "MAHALLLOOO, MAHHHAAALLLOOOOO" [Fools, Fools]

Hiramosu Ikeda: "Take it easy father, you know your pressure and heart..."

Daisaku Ikeda: "SHUT UP, you think Nichiren Daishonin worried about his blood pressure and heart, you are all Mahaloo, except for Arnold over here, come Arnold, lets go out for Soba noodles and leave these fools here to deeply reflect on the next Zaimu Campaign. You got that secretary, I want this a part of the minutes, don't miss a word, no one is going to see them anyway but I like to review them before the next meeting." Ikeda walks out with Arnold...

Other Topics [Led by Mr Hirada]: "Sasaki asserts that our organization must ensure its name is associated with the Victory Over Violence, most people make absolutely no connection. Too many gaijin have their hands in the pot. Wherever you have such an exhibit make sure Sensei's posters are prominently displayed. Also Simon Weisanthal is giving us a hard time. You Archie (Asawa) bring him another million, you know how greedy they are those green eyed devils."

'The Nichiren Shoshu, especially Nichimyo is also starting trouble. He changed their doctrine, declaring that their members are indeed Bodhisattvas of the Earth, rather than followers of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth. See if you can throw a monkey wrench into their plans Kumagai, money is no object. We already lost six senior leaders in Taiwan, three in the Phillipines, and one in the United States thanks to their machinations."

"On the Gohonzon question, we have just got to get a Nichiren inscribed Gohonzon. That heretic Tsuchiya over there in Kyoto has the members all up in arms about the lousy Nichikan Gohonzon. Trouble is, he is uncorruptable. What do you think? Should we crush Tsuchiya like a bug or should we start to phase out the Nichikan Gohonzon. I think, even the pioneers would prefer a Nichiren Gohonzon, there are tons of them on the net. We don't even need one of our own. How that bug Tsuchiya and his shitty little sect held on to three of them [Nichiren Gohonzon] I can't understand for the life of me. We offered their chief priest forty eight million dollars for one. Don't get me started."

"The organization should generate revenues where possible from the bosses books and thanks to Lavorra Perry creating those cartoons for Sensei, we have a giant stream of revenue. I think we should make her a Zone Chief. Linda Johnson is becoming quite a liability. We should express our sympathy and support for her outwardly because she could make some problems for us. Lets keep her busy with our legal matters and ask Matilda Buck to give the gaijin our guidances."

"Shinohara explained that consultant, Wacky Nobu, reviewed the organization's accounting procedures and found them to be satisfactory, in preparation for the upcoming yearly financial audit. One book for the Japanese, one book for the Americans, and the real book for Sensei. Nobu recommends that we ensure the auditor provides a management letter along with the audit financial report and of course we will need three originals."

"Shinohara also reviewed highlights, trends and issues from the balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement. Issues include that high accounts receivables require Finance Committee attention to policies and procedures to ensure our organization receives more donations on time. After brief discussion of the issues and suggestions about how to ensure receiving the donations on time MOTION to accept financial statements; seconded and passed."

'Shinohara also presented members with a draft of the reworded By-laws paragraph that would mandate members conduct actions only face to face so neither a paper nor electronic trail is ever maintained. He suggested review and a resolution to change the By-laws accordingly. Iwazumi suggested we immediately notify each and every Zone Chief of these proposals before the next Board meeting.'

Hirada Interrupts: "We must also cut the legal and accounting costs by 10%, at least by sixty seven million dollars and our TV and advertising expenditures are to rise by forty eight million dollars, according to Sensei. We must make this happen. Total victory for Sensei!"

Hiromasu Ikeda: "Total Victory for Sensei! Thank you Mr Hirada, I motion to close the meeting."

Seconded unanimously.

Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Minutes submitted by Secretary, Ikegami.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...spot on Nichijew

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.