Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: May 21, 2017 07:19AM

Lily Rose wrote:

...... I would like to point out that the NT scripture "Be not unequally yoked....." marriage is not even under discussion in the context (2 Corin 6:14). That's right!

------------------------
Lily Rose,

Excellent point - I found the same when studying what is written in the whole of the chapter.

And if you do a study on the OX you will find that a yoke is what connects the 2 oxen together so they can work together.

Two male oxen of equal size and strength are yoked together so that they do not pull against one another while they are working. It is rare that the female ox is used except for pulling light loads.

Jesus sent them out 2 by 2 - I believe they were paired by Him - having the same mind and faith. Hence equally yoked.

When a man marries a woman - there is no yoke involved because they are no longer two but they are "one," according to what Jesus said. He said this is the way God made it from the beginning, when He created them male and female.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 23, 2017 02:38AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing in such an honest way in this
> forum, FA. My name is Mike, BTW. I doubt we know
> each other, but here's my FB link anyway:
>

The link didn't work. I get it now. A joke. ha

I created a link to my FB page with a picture of zombie and me entitled "Unequal Yoke." Hope it works.

[facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2017 02:42AM by NickleandDimed.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 23, 2017 05:02AM

Forget those two pranksters. My link to my FB photo works.

[houseofretro.com]

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 23, 2017 08:20AM

This link should take you to the Word for the World page:

goo.gl/CSwNUP

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 24, 2017 09:01AM

Sometimes the people whose lives were trashed and betrayed by TLWF cult can't get past the pain. Often times deep personal pain causes us to turn from God. It seems a natural follow up to having your life trashed that members and posters would talk about that. After all the whole point of being in the LW in the first place was for walk with God. I don't think talking about it is preaching. It's trying to come to terms with the pain. Often times the greatest pain comes from people who are close to us. The more we love them, the greater their ability to inflict pain.

In Corinthians Ch 7 Paul is extremely depressed because he was being trashed by the Corinthian church. He experienced a deep personal pain because he was being betrayed by the Corinthians whom he loved. He was being betrayed by the Corinthians because they had fallen under the influence of false teachers and false apostles who taught a false gospel, and the Corinthians were swept away by their visions and transcendental experiences. Paul said he once had a vision too (transported to the heavens) and he felt compelled to boast that he was superior and had visions and revelations too to build his defense to Corinth . But Paul didn't build his defense on his vision because it wasn't verifiable or repeatable. For him to establish his Apostleship on something that no one could know really happened would be to open the door for every deceiver to do the same. Paul wanted the Corinthians to trust him based upon knowing his character, who he was and what he taught and not because he had visions. Why then did God give Paul the vision. Perhaps God gave Paul that vision and a glimpse of glory to come to sustain him because Paul suffered much torment.

TLWF cult boasts visions and revelations among the leadership. Yet, the leaders will betray their followers and trash them if their obedience to their revelations falls short. We don't learn much from Paul about how he handled his betrayal and suffering. He talks of a thorn in his side. Maybe the suffering never left. Maybe he realized God would not turn everything that was evil into good in his earthly life but that would come in eternity.

I have nothing to boast about. I hope you don't think I am preaching but I am trying to reconcile pain too after having turned from God because of the LW betrayal. I used to think if God was going to turn the destructiveness and what was meant for evil into good it would happen in my earthly lifetime. I am now seeing maybe that's not how it works and that may happen later in an afterlife. If you don't believe in a afterlife this post wasn't meant to offend or preach. But I found comfort in what Paul went through and his betrayals and that his vision of the glory to follow is what sustained him, but it wasn't something that he boasted about so that the churches would trust him.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 24, 2017 11:47AM

Lily Rose said, "He (Paul) talks about a thorn in his side."

I wonder if Gary thinks the cult forum attacks a thorn in his flesh. Sent to discredit him? Yes. Cause him suffering? Hard to say. But I think not.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: May 24, 2017 03:13PM

>
> I wonder if Gary thinks the cult forum attacks a
> thorn in his flesh. Sent to discredit him? Yes.
> Cause him suffering? Hard to say. But I think not.

I'm pretty sure the LW folks say that we are instruments of Satan. Cross-dodgers, too.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 24, 2017 07:12PM

* * * FYI * * *

The G-Man has been AWOL now for 6 weeks--awesome vacation benefits for those in power. He might also be busy receiving new Cloud-of-Witness downloads regarding revised dates for the Kingdom floating down out of the sky.

(Thorn-in-flesh comment.)

Date: May 24, 2017 09:38PM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lily Rose said, "He (Paul) talks about a thorn in
> his side."
>
> I wonder if Gary thinks the cult forum attacks a
> thorn in his flesh. Sent to discredit him? Yes.
> Cause him suffering? Hard to say. But I think not.

It's just a tiny portion of the suffering he's caused with his hyper-authoritarian 'ministry.' At least he never has to worry about his personal finances--that must provide some solace. He can do as he pleases.

Date: May 24, 2017 11:04PM

puddington Wrote:

> I'm pretty sure the LW folks say that we are
> instruments of Satan.

We may be instruments of Satan, but for the most part we're considerate and actually have some concern for the well being of others--which I think distinguishes us from the 'sons of God' who plan to rule the earth with an iron rod. I think Satan is getting a bad rap, BTW ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.