Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 19, 2017 03:09PM

Could G-man have tagged along with the students to Israel.

[www.shilohiowa.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 20, 2017 03:04AM

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> However, I do think there is a difference
> between repenting of the sin of adultery and
> saying adultery is the pathway to more of God
> where repentance is unnecessary.

I recall members say. They repented for their divorces. Matt Walkoe email reply to JHorning on page 7, 1/7/2011 mentions repentance. IMO a few members divorced for younger wives. They repented, too. I recall placing John first. Above anyone in my life before he died. I don't recall ever singing worship songs to Marilyn. A few also posted they didn't sing worship songs to Marilyn. Sounds like Marilyn was a destructive 3rd person in your marital relationship. I can't speak for anyone else. That wasn't the case for me.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 20, 2017 04:24AM

Invisible Wrote:
>> I believe that when we come to love God and to
> love one another the way God hopes we will ( since
> He does not force Himself on anyone and He has
> given to man a free will ) and makes known that
> those who seek Him will find Him - and that when
> we find Him - we will be changed and we will
> become like Him little by little and when He
> appears we know we will be like Him - at some
> point when we are changed enough - there won't be
> divorce any more and parents won't come to the
> place where they hate one another, there will be
> no more crying and sufferings, that come about as
> a result of not knowing Him just as He IS, which
> is how men are changed from glory to glory. His
> glory.
>
Larry and Invisible both commented on David and his repentance. JRS frequently emphasized David being a man after God's heart because of his repentance. In spite of David's repentance, I don't recall, though, JRS emphasizing the havoc David's actions had on his children. You can goggle the numerous negative consequences David's actions had on the children of his 8 or 9 wives. In seems to me if JRS was truly and Apostle to the Kingdom (which I don't think he was) and divorce not being an option in the Kingdom, he would have been long suffering (Kingdom thinking) with regards to Martha. JRS was not a oracle and we weren't in the Kingdom. JRS was a flawed man, not unlike David, and like David JRS repented but the consequences of his actions, based upon what he believed and taught, reaped havoc down the road. And then under G&M the drive for the Kingdom becomes more warped with greater cultish scripture twisting. G&M's views on divorce were so not at all Kingdom like (even though there were claims of repentance) and reeked havoc on the lives of the children (again not at all Kingdom like.)

I think all my sorting things out the past few years has shown me that these days within Churchanity and Christian cults, the true gospel becomes confused and buried in all the rift-raft and untruths fed to the sheep. That's not to say truth cannot be found. But it does take some seeking.

Date: May 20, 2017 05:11AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> Could G-man have tagged along with the students to
> Israel.
>
>
> [www.shilohiowa.org]

It doesn't look like there are very many Shiloh U students or enough to even pay the instructors and build the library. How do they manage that?

p.s. Oops... I misspelled riff raff as rift-raft in my above post. It means undesirable people.

Date: May 20, 2017 06:01AM

Lily,

22 students

[www.princetonreview.com]

btw thank you for pointing out my past misspelling of Timloathians. ha

Date: May 20, 2017 09:00AM

larry bobo Wrote:
> > However, I would say that I didn’t care as much
> as I do now about single moms and kids when I was
> in TLWF – I was busy serving the leadership.
> You would think that with a woman leading the
> group, it would be a primary emphasis. Who do
> you think was actually behind determining if there
> was an unequal yoke in your marriage? Legally, you
> could not say Marilyn wanted a divorce, but you
> were aware of her opinion and she after all was
> the witness of the Holy Spirit. Who do you think
> was removing all threats to her being number one
> in your husband’s life - including ahead of you?
> It was not being directed from an oppressive male
> hierarchy.

In some of my older posts I have, at times, joking made light of Marilyn's self perception of her authority over men (like saying certain men should be killed). I am sorry if that was offensive. Despite Paul's writings that would have precluded Marilyn from leadership, I think JRS believed we were in the end times and he saw women in leadership as a fulfillment of Joel's prophecy that God would pour out His spirit on men and women. (And that's how Marilyn also saw herself.) That is to say in effect Paul's opinion about women in ministry were for Paul's time, not the end times. Also, JRS had as a youngster and raised in the Assemblies of God sat at the feet of Amy McPherson's ministry (female). And Marilyn was JRS's wife and he seemingly trusted her and left all his wealth to her. So JRS picked Marilyn to provide direction to TLWF. IMO it was a mistake for many reasons, not just that she was a woman, but mainly because God had not poured out his spirit on Marilyn, let alone on any one on the planet in the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy. I was never aware Marilyn had any spiritual gifts other than her dedication to transcribe and distribute JRS's teachings. She was ill equipped and unprepared to lead and I repeat.... showed no evidence that God had poured out His spirit on her. And unfortunately, some of those who loved JRS and wanted to follow his vision were set up for a tragic ending that had nothing to do with the Holy Spirit or God. I don't think Marilyn masterminded the unequal yoke doctrine. That came from JRS. But, I think absolute power corrupts and Marilyn's authority was left unchecked by the hierarchy that JRS had devised. She, as was JRS, were accountable to no one. And it doesn't surprise me that Marilyn apparently had no sympathy for the single parents produced by the unequal yoke doctrine, even though Marilyn herself was a single parent at one time. Absolute power corrupts.

Date: May 20, 2017 10:56AM

It's like absolute power causes mental state deterioration. Recently read what Sen John Edwards said. About having extra-marital affairs. How he could have risked his career and potential to become President. He said his rise to power fed a self-focus, egotism, narcissism that leads you to believe you can do what ever you want.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 21, 2017 01:21AM

lily rose Wrote:
> But, I think absolute power corrupts and
> Marilyn's authority was left unchecked by the
> hierarchy that JRS had devised. She, as was JRS,
> were accountable to no one.

True
Of course, they (Marilyn, John, Gary etc.) would claim God dealt with them personally all the time, and they were completely subject to His will. Or perhaps they, as Christ, were dealing with each other in the same unsympathetic way they did with the people. Seems dubious, since it is an obvious conflict of interest.

Date: May 21, 2017 05:15AM

changedagain Wrote:
"Of course, they (Marilyn, John, Gary etc.) would claim God dealt with them personally all the time, and they were completely subject to His will. Or perhaps they, as Christ, were dealing with each other in the same unsympathetic way they did with people. Seems dubious, since it is an obvious conflict of interest."

And filled with potential mischief as they were all related. Ha..family members monitor each other to ensure their actions were in God's will. Well, that is in a nutshell the LW paradigm that the Lord speaks to the leadership (though there is no guarantee what they hear is really from God) and never question the leadership or their authority.

I get it that people like Maybee couldn't get a revelation of M and that some in the fellowship would assume that because Marilyn was female she would be sympathetic. From what I have read on the message board, I find it interesting that Marilyn seemed to take on the stereotypical male model of leadership (aggressive) in order to succeed in leadership and maintain her position. I think I once heard on a CNN interview that's common for women in the business world. Thanks for your insight.

Date: May 21, 2017 06:03AM

We all know how the LW messages often take scriptural references out of context and extrapolate them to create their own special doctrines. Since the recent conversations recently have mentioned the LW unequal yoke doctrine, I would like to point out that the NT scripture "Be not unequally yoked....." marriage is not even under discussion in the context (2 Corin 6:14). That's right!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.