Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: February 25, 2015 03:18AM

I recently heard that another couple who had overseen one of TLWF's centers is in trouble. I don't know - or care to know - the particulars of the situation, but I think it is important to point out the fruit of following men instead of God. After carefully following G&M for 40 years, this is what the fruit looks like. I can speak with some insight about a similar situation in Palmer Lake, since I was personally involved. The way people were being treated had become so toxic, I made a trip to San Diego to speak with John Miller, since he was our Apco contact. I honestly thought I had about a 50/50 chance of being removed from the church for speaking up - but somebody had to say something.

John was very gracious (perhaps the reason he is not around anymore) and mentioned it was not the first they had heard of the situation. A couple of weeks later, G&M showed up in Palmer Lake saying they had tuned into the situation by the spirit and set the pastors out of the fellowship. I was in the meeting thinking they were deliberately lying trying to preserve some pseudo God image. It really was the point that I could no longer trust their integrity - from my perspective it was a sham. I know I was not personally looking to see our pastors removed from the fellowship, but to see the way they were relating to people corrected. It actually made me feel more insecure about my relationship with G&M - You screw up and your're out of here. We're not here to help you - you are here to make us look good.

I knew that they had been closely directing the pastors in Palmer Lake and when it became evident that things were a mess, they cut and ran, accepting no responsibility. It was said that the pastors didn't have G&M's heart for the people. In hindsight I would say they did have G&M's heart for the people - that was the problem. It was not loving but destructive, and the pastors had been taught to relate the same way.

I'm sure when the dust settles, the same will be said about this other situation. The wife was so given to Marilyn and she's destroying everything in sight. Is it so surprising that when leaders are abused, they tend to abuse the people as well? Somebody needs to lift up the skirt, because it's not a pretty sight. Perhaps the way John's sons will out minister him is that they will not allow Marilyn to take the place of God as he did.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 25, 2015 04:49AM

Exactly Larry--it took me many years to finally realize that Gary and Marilyn care first about Gary and Marilyn, and even if certain shepherds are reflecting their attitude, if it leads to a mess which will implicate them, make them look bad...they won't hesitate to throw these shepherds under the bus.
Yes--they have no integrity. They should at least defend those that viciously carry out their warped agenda!

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 25, 2015 02:07PM

Well said Larry and Changed. Many have been thrown under the LW bus. As they say "like begets like". There is unethical DNA running deep thru it all. I heard someone say once that the god that the LW fellowship follows (and worships) is not the same God that the rest of Christianity follows. Interesting thought.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 25, 2015 11:43PM

The above posts are great, so informative. Keep on posting, each little bit of information makes the decision to be gone all the better. The fruit produced by TLWF is revealing many ugly truths, just like Jesus said it would.

Remember when you first left/got kicked out? For me there was a great deal of jeopardy. I was leaving God. The consequences were hellfire and brimstone in the afterlife, where “The fire is not quenched and the worm does not die.”

Anyway, I’ve noticed that the jeopardy is gone. Instead of jeopardy, it’s like now we’ve been delivered from evil. By looking and analyzing the fruit as Jesus said to do, we’re actually moving into freedom. The truth is setting us free.

I for one, am not looking to find another Apostle or authority running around on this earth. I think the Holy Spirit and the Word found in the Bible as well as this forum and internet studies are doing a much better job when it comes to a “Personal spirituality”. It’s working for me, in a kind of “Do it yourself way”.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: February 26, 2015 12:32AM

When we left the LWF, I'm pretty sure the remaining members (leaders) decided to "deliver us over to the destruction of our flesh". I'm sure there were some prayers of death on our behalf.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 26, 2015 05:14AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When we left the LWF, I'm pretty sure the
> remaining members (leaders) decided to "deliver
> us over to the destruction of our flesh". I'm
> sure there were some prayers of death on our
> behalf.

If the past is any indication, the prayers of death may increase our odds of having a longer life.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: February 26, 2015 07:40AM

Ah, indeed, one more factor to consider in retirement planning.

Posted by: palmermarilyn ()
Date: February 27, 2015 05:56AM

I know there were prayers of death when I left (25 or 30 years ago), they told me I would be dead in a week. Haha, I told them I would take my chances. Praise the Lord I found the truth, and was set free.
Blessings to all
Marilyn L. Palmer

Posted by: palmermarilyn ()
Date: February 27, 2015 06:19AM

Love your posts Molly. I too like many others worked for the LW. I worked at the blix house in North Hollywood, when JRS was alive. I had to work 4 hours a day there along with my 8 hours at the Hospital, with of course NO pay. Amazing how we all submitted to all that craziness..... So happy to have left all that mess after Stevens sent me to Canada to live with the Oswalds, which I loved them to pieces. They had moved there after pastoring the LA Church in the 70's. For me Glen and Holly were the only great thing about the walk. So sad that Glen is now gone, but happy he is with our father in Heaven. Bless you all.
Marilyn L. Palmer

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: February 27, 2015 08:34AM

Marilyn,

Yes, Glen was a good pastor and count yourself as one of the fortunate ones that you got to leave the Valley and move in with the Oswalds.

I remember one of your past posts in which you told your story of getting your sister out, getting locked in the office and forced to sign some nondisclosure papers. I didn't get why you had to sign papers but it makes sense now as you just related that you were part of the blix group and may have had knowledge of things the church wanted kept quite. Doesn't make it right though.

On this forum and fact-net there have been accounts from some of folks that around the late 70's some of the more mature pastors were beginning to sense that something was off in the LW. Did Glen sense that too? I sense that he was helpful to you in getting out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.