Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: April 03, 2023 03:08AM

Actually, even though he had obviously received all this communication about what was going on, his repentance before departing the scene had to do with "not listening to the Holy Spirit." I think that is the way he phrased it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2023 03:21AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: April 03, 2023 04:10AM

Please excuse. I was still working on this post when I unknowingly clicked post. Oops!

As I was saying, on October 25th, 2018, Shalom publically posted several letters that she had sent over the course of a few years to Gary & Marilyn Hargrave, asking for help. These had gone unanswered and ignored. She was blamed and harassed by underling shepherds for sexual molestation done to her. Gary & Marilyn remained silent and took no action. Gary Hargrave was heard at various times excusing instances of abuse by asserting that abuse happens in all churches.

[m.facebook.com]

Within one week, Gary Hargrave posted an apology letter of sorts. He signed it I Christ's Blood, Gary Hargrave.

My next post will be a copy of his letter.

Date: April 03, 2023 04:19AM

On second thought, I will post a link to Gary Hargrave's "apology letter", but it also has a response from former TLWF member Caleb LaPlante. Here it is:

[drive.google.com]

Date: April 03, 2023 04:45AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

"Reep wrote:
Then, he signed the apology letter:

'In Christ's Blood'"

Did this mean that 'God in the Sky' forgave him for his role in covering up the abuse that went on for decades, much of it involving his wife's son, and then directed him to a "higher calling?"
Nevermind.

Thanks for that, Changed.

Another question I have is, which Christ is he referencing? Because in all my decades as a member of TLWF, I rarely remember the name "Jesus" being spoken by the leaders. Maybe he meant Christ in the Flesh, AKA Marilyn Hargrave. I'm so confused! Especially since Marilyn Hargrave had passed away three years prior and was no longer "in the flesh". My head hurts now. *Sigh*

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2023 04:53AM by Reepicheep.

Date: April 03, 2023 06:06AM

I think it's purposely vague and confusing, Reep. Then it can mean whatever the person in authority decides it means. Controlling the language becomes a source of power.

I came across this today (below), and it certainly applies to what we were subjected to. Didn't someone here compile the unique glossary of terms/words used in the Walk/TLWF--to help those who were not part of this cult, or only in it for relatively short period of time--understand WTF some of us were writing about? Manipulation of language is a path to control. Marilyn (aka Lamp of Israel, Esther, John's Perfect Other Half, Mom, The Mohawk killer etc.) mastered this with her spiritual gibberish.

Note: A 'young adult' told me once (off-the-record) that listening to her gave him a headache. I instinctively laughed, and then felt a little guilty about it. I got over that quickly, though.

How does 1984 control through language?

Google:
"Manipulation of language is one of the themes of George Orwell's 1984. Language manipulation was one of the many ways the Inner Party controlled the population. The Ministry of Truth did this by creating a new language, Newspeak. This language was constructed to have no words for any unorthodox thoughts.
Orwell believed that the language used was necessarily vague or meaningless because it was intended to hide the truth rather than express it."

Reepicheep Wrote:

> Another question I have is, which Christ is he
> referencing? Because in all my decades as a member
> of TLWF, I rarely remember the name "Jesus" being
> spoken by the leaders. Maybe he meant Christ in
> the Flesh, AKA Marilyn Hargrave. I'm so confused!
> Especially since Marilyn Hargrave had passed away
> three years prior and was no longer "in the
> flesh". My head hurts now. *Sigh*[/i]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2023 06:09AM by changedagain.

Date: April 04, 2023 01:52AM

I came across this article today:
'The Ashes of Shiloh'

link:
[bit.ly]

Date: April 07, 2023 09:34PM

From August of 2020:

Posted by: Lilith
Date: August 21, 2020 08:17AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm assuming that there will be attempts to
> contact people in this group privately by those
> associated with the defendants in the cases that
> have been mentioned. My admonition is to be
> careful who you trust, and what you choose to
> reveal.

My hope is that the defendants wouldn't do that but based on the sudden appearance in the survivor groups of a few that may be defendants in the newest lawsuit it is entirely possible. The thing is so many of the survivors have made it clear in public that they need an apology to be healed from years of cult abuse. I am sorry doesn't cut it, it isn't enough. These people are going to prey on that desire and tell them what they want to hear so badly, the sad part is they won't mean it, it's just a way to paint over what they participated in. I am so tired of hearing how guilty everyone (the survivors) feels that they were in a cult and treated people badly. It's the cult leadership that owns that guilt not the victims. The survivors were victims the perpetrators are shouting with glee that we the victims own so much of their guilt and that is the real crime.

Posted by: Reepicheep
Date: August 21, 2020 08:59AM

(excerpt)

I wouldn't put anything past the defendants in the lawsuits against TLWF or their apologists/supporters.

Absolutely, the cult leadership owns any guilt.

Date: April 09, 2023 01:26AM

Celebrating Easter in TLWF--probably a little different than how most Christian mainstream churches would approach it.
#CuttingEdge

kBOY Wrote:
Posted by: kBOY
Date: August 17, 2020 05:15PM
(excerpt)

It is good that option was not available within
TLW or there would have been crucifixions
body-wide every time anyone seemed to confront the
anomalies of the 'pure atmosphere'.
Just lookin' on the sunny side of life . . .

Date: August 17, 2020 05:56PM

No kidding, kBOY. There was that one time in the Valley that many large wooden crosses (about six feet high) were brought in during a service on Easter Sunday. First time Easter was celebrated in a service, I think. Luckily, G&M just wanted people to write down their sins and nail them to a cross. Close call, though! It could have gone either way. But wouldn't that activity have been more appropriate on Good Friday?

Posted by: changedagain
Date: August 17, 2020 06:04PM

G&M just wanted people to write down their sins and nail them to a cross.

Didn't someone collect all the sins and offer to sell them to the highest bidder?

Date: August 17, 2020 07:22PM

> Didn't someone collect all the sins and offer to
> sell them to the highest bidder?

Yes. Rick and his buddies. They "joked" about it.

Posted by: kBOY
Date: August 18, 2020 12:32AM

This was obviously dangerous information in the wrong hands, which it apparently was. There was no one more IRRESPONSIBLE than G&M and RH to have this sensitive data to hold over the people.

What a violation and a travesty.

Posted by: changedagain
Date: August 18, 2020 07:23AM

Reep wrote:
There was that one time in the Valley that many large wooden crosses (about six feet high) were brought in during a service on Easter Sunday. First time Easter was celebrated in a service, I think. Luckily, G&M just wanted people to write down their sins and nail them to a cross.

If everyone participated in good faith, including leaders:

ANNOUNCEMENT:
"O.K.---just letting everyone know there is no more room to post your sins on the crosses. Rick just posted his, and we're going to need to construct a few more. Also, the woman who wrote about making out with her boyfriend while her husband lay dying in another room never signed her name. No confessions without signatures!"

Date: April 09, 2023 10:24AM

Changed wrote:

ANNOUNCEMENT:
"O.K.---just letting everyone know there is no more room to post your sins on the crosses. Rick just posted his, and we're going to need to construct a few more. Also, the woman who wrote about making out with her boyfriend while her husband lay dying in another room never signed her name. No confessions without signatures!"

What a spectacular idea! Sign those sin cards. Leaders first. Good timing, too, since tomorrow is Easter. This was a holiday that was not commonly celebrated in TLWF. The leaders were too busy keeping everyone tightly bonded to Old Testament stories. The same leaders that thought they had a lot in common with O.T. heroes. In some cases, they actually believed that they were the reincarnation of prominent figures in the Bible. But if you ask me, they were more similar to the pharisees of Jesus' day. You know, the ones who demanded his crucifixion.

Date: April 10, 2023 09:26PM

Reep wrote:
But if you ask me, they were more similar to the pharisees of Jesus' day. You know, the ones who demanded his crucifixion.

Yeah, Jesus posed a threat to their real interests. He probably shouldn't have overturned the tables of the money changers. Bad move on his part.
/s

Matthew 21:12-13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.