Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: November 28, 2019 01:35PM

Tomorrow,Thanksgiving Day, will be sad for so many people from tlwf, former and current members. Some are estranged from their families, some are together but have lost so many friends and people they have known all their lives.

What that cult has done to families is unconscionable. So for today, let's light a candle for each soul that has been hurt and devastated by this destructive cult. I hope for freedom for each and every one. There is a better life after tlwf. It may not be roses--and it can be really hard---but at least it is real.

And just to be clear. G-man is a sick little man who doesn't give a shit about any one of those still loyal to him--never did--as he waltzes away with millions --- other people's hard-earned cash. May he choke on it.

Thanks

Cloud

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 28, 2019 06:08PM

O N I O N

"It was a prison of the multi-realm type, holding us by psychic, spiritual, emotional, and psychological means."

WOW. That is a very frightening assessment, and probably more severe for those closest to TRAMP & CO. (Most of the 'bleacher crew' secretly aspired to be part of the 'in crowd', but now it sounds like we were mercifully spared.)

"Some gold and silver were secretly cashed in when JRS died so that it could be put as cash in offerings. G&M were very concerned because the financial side in JRS's divorce was still pending when he died. They did a lot of hiding. And a lot of laundering."

This is airing some very dirty laundry.

"I hope you have successful Thanksgivings avoiding any landmines."

This Thanksgiving will be especially vulnerable to food-fights on multiple fronts, both religious and political. The best recourse is for everyone to just overeat and then lay down and take a nap together . . .

HAPPY Thanksgiving.

Date: November 28, 2019 06:25PM

C L O U D

"What that cult has done to families is unconscionable."

The above quote never crossed our mind at the time we signed up for 'bringing in the kingdom'. I guess that was part of the 'blank contract' we signed with 'god' (The Walk/TLW) that JRS would often refer to.

Who knew that 'bringing in the kingdom' would suffer so much collateral damage?

"I hope for freedom for each and every one. There is a better life after tlwf. It may not be roses--and it can be really hard---but at least it is real."

That experience alone is worth all the THANKSGIVING in the world.

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 28, 2019 09:46PM

Duly noted Reepicheep. Interesting how it plays out. I’ve noticed that my children are having extreme trouble that is different from my struggles. I was trying to physically escape. I’ve been in fight or flight mode for a very long time. This affected my children but again their struggle is different.

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 28, 2019 10:04PM

Cloud watcher: I hope for freedom for each and every one. There is a better life after tlwf. It may not be roses--and it can be really hard---but at least it is real.

I came close to some people in this cult. Now I believe some may have been trying to get out, but how to do that was difficult.

I also hope for freedom. I am a stranger to you but will be thinking of you all this Thanksgiving and hoping for peace and some kind of comfort in food and friends which some may not have.
NorthernGate

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: November 29, 2019 01:45AM

Chachakitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Had to share... so my nephew was at Shiloh helping
> with getting more stuff out of the building prior
> to it being torn down.
> He said he was lifting 100# boxes of coins. Boxes
> of pennies ... and other coins .. but boxes and
> boxes of coins which were being taken to the bank
> to cash in.
> What??? Why was the fantasy kingdom Hoarding
> coins. The boxes of pennies alone cashed out to
> almost $100
> That money could have been used to help pay for
> Yasp or help people in need.
> Did JRS hoard coins ? And if so why ?

Collecting and hoarding coins was recommended by “survivalists” in the 70’s — 80’s. There was a lot of survivalist thinking among those in TLW. Storing guns, ammo, food and probably coins as well. TLW thought that the “elect” were going to go through the tribulation and you needed to be prepared.

The weird crap these guys subscribed to didn’t only come from JRS, there was a survivalist belief in a coming economic collapse woven in along with John Bircher philosophy, etc.

Date: November 29, 2019 04:19AM

The 'end of the world' was expected 2000 years ago (Acts & Revelations?), and has been a staple within Christianity ever since.

Just within the TLW era we had the '1979 kingdom bust', Y2K in 2000, the 2012 Mayan calendar, and some may even point to the meltdown that started with the 2016 election of the 'chosen one'.

This world seems to stubbornly resist all the false doctrines that keep the poor people hanging from the ropes.

'New Day' anyone . . . ?

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 29, 2019 04:42AM

Can you imagine what a bummer it was for JRS when December 1979 rolled around and no Kingdom? What to do with all the ginormous tubs of soybeans? Ah, give them to Kingdom business workers. They don't have any food. And JRS was using the KB credit cards to live high on the hog.

But what if someone should find out that he made up the whole trip to the future scam? No problem. He wouldn't be around by then. What could anyone do about it then?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2019 05:12AM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: November 29, 2019 07:21AM

Reep and others considering the failure of the JRS's kingdom to arrive on time. Martha left JRS on September 25, 1979 - or was it 1978. Because JRS was with a woman having an extramarital relationship when he saw the future, maybe Martha leaving and him winning the prize of Marilyn (his concurrent extramarital affair) in his life 24/7 was all the kingdom he needed.

Oh, wait. Having Marilyn and her family in his every waking moment was much more of a rude awakening than a kingdom. Before I understood much of anything, I still remember JRS always had the wide-eyed look of a deer in headlights after Martha left.

A really big step of healing for me was having a conversation with JRS's daughter Mary Christine and apologizing to her for my part in her family's sadness and the frame-up of her mother.

Wishing all the people touched by anything to do with the walk cult, a happy and loving holiday weekend.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 29, 2019 09:18AM

Onion, I know that JRS always drank, but I think it got to the level of always being drunk after Marilyn became his 24/7 companion. What do you think? Also, my impression was that Martha left in 1978.

I'm so glad that you spoke with Mary Christine. <3

Happy Thanksgiving, one and all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.