Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Chachakitty ()
Date: November 26, 2019 07:20AM

And correct kboy... isreal will never take them serious. They are not spiritual people

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 26, 2019 05:53PM

C H A c h a

"So my journey now is remembering what was the primary message about a situation when I was little. And remind myself what is real TODAY."

PERFECT.  You had the added disadvantage of being born into the insanity instead of actually choosing it as an adult.  That makes the inculcation all the more nefarious.

". . . always thought his sermons were confusing."

Not only confusing & repetitious, vitamin & mineral deficient, but abysmal & LIFEless.  Not only NO 'new day', but the same demeaning 'groundhog day'.

Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 27, 2019 01:17AM

Good morning, I came in contact with this group when I was going through a divorce. I must have looked really vulnerable. However, red flags were waving right away.
Soon I learned that my landlord was part of the JRS cult. Being a curious person that I am, I listened and watched. I visited the church and pretended not to notice the odd behaviors. But all along I realized something was terribly wrong. My landlord had given his entire life to a group that pretended to love him, but in reality they used and abused him. Pride kept him from admitting that reality, but also something more sinister. I think it was fear of being found out. Over the years he had been asked to do some diabolical things and the guilt kept him glued in place. Fear and guilt...terrible tools in the hands of manipulators!
Recently, I noticed the church has disbanded. Some of the parishioners are now entering into local churches and pretending to be “good Christians” like everyone else. But they are wounded, confused about God, and have the ability to hurt others though unintentional. (My last words are not written with the intention of criticizing but it is in reality what I see resulting from years without healthy relationship.) I am grateful I escaped being sucked into this group. I was probably in more danger from the leadership than I realized at the time.

Date: November 27, 2019 01:32AM

Hello kBOY, I am NorthernGate. I hope I have your permission to respond to your post. I simply wanted to say that you are very bright for picking up that the messages were confusing. I visited a JRS church in Oregon and felt the same way. Nothing made sense and I never did walk away with a life encouraging principle when I attended the worship services. I attended three services and one Friday Shabbat

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 27, 2019 01:52AM

Welcome, Northerngate.
Feel free to continue posting your perspective of this diabolical mess that many of us fell prey to.

"Over the years he had been asked to do some diabolical things and the guilt kept him glued in place. Fear and guilt...terrible tools in the hands of manipulators!"
Yes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2019 01:53AM by changedagain.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 27, 2019 02:30AM

Good to hear from you, Northerngate. Yes, you definitely dodged a bullet by not getting sucked into the mind games and power plays of the leaders. Somehow your account of your landlord being held in place by fear and guilt no longer surprises me. The more people that participate in this forum, the more puzzle pieces can be put together.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 27, 2019 04:09AM

N O R T H g a t e

WELCOME to the discussion. It sounds like you got off easy. A couple of services here and there--and adios.

I private-messaged you with a question that you are under no obligation to answer. Curiosity has killed many cats you know . . .

Date: November 27, 2019 06:37AM

To changedagain, Reepicheep, and kBOY,
There was something about my independence that made Ed Forbes cautious. Also, I had connections in Grants Pass that were of concern I am sure. I remember telling the worship pastor at my church River Valley, that there was a cult in Hugo. He looked at me like I was crazy.
I remember Charley inviting me to drinks with he, Ed and Dottie. I think they thought I should be excited but instead I wasn’t interested. I felt cautious of their agenda. Not every single girl is that lonely.
Interestingly, I am friends with a few church members from GP on Facebook. One girl told me she knew I was truly a follower of God. You never know exactly what she meant, but yes, I follow God not man and I work at trying to decipher whether a group is a cult. Many churches have cult behaviors even if they aren’t a true cult.
I find you all exceptionally brave and I am also grateful to talk about this odd time in my life. Thank you for listening and being available. This site is so helpful!

Date: November 27, 2019 06:50AM

I think many churches display just a little bit of cult behavior. It makes it difficult to find a place to worship. I am learning to trust my own heart, realizing I’m not perfect but I do have common sense!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 27, 2019 07:01AM

Northerngate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think many churches display just a little bit of
> cult behavior. It makes it difficult to find a
> place to worship. I am learning to trust my own
> heart, realizing I’m not perfect but I do have
> common sense!

yes

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.