Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Northerngate ()
Date: November 27, 2019 09:19AM

I’m new and reading older posts to update. This post struck me. We are all able to work hard when it helps our families and those we love and we are helping ourselves. But when we work for selfish leaders and see no return plus feel a rebuke when we whine....We MUST look to our inner spirit to remember that this is not godly thinking. The workman is worthy of his hire.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 27, 2019 10:11AM

N O R T H E R N g a t e

"The workman is worthy of his hire."

That was NEVER a part of TLW culture. ONION would always refer to the TLW version of 'love' as being 'potatoed', similar to how you described your own father. You never knew where you stood from one moment to the next.

We lived in a culture of "What have you done for me lately?" One minute you are the darling, the next minute the outcast. Psychological abuse on steroids.

To touch on your last point, one scripture almost never quoted was "Call no man Father". That alone should have set off warning lights that we were headed in the wrong direction.

"Continuing in the apostles teaching" soon morphed into making OUR apostle 'Christ in the flesh', thus judicially avoiding the scripture mentioned above.

Posted by: Imapurple ()
Date: November 27, 2019 10:23AM

I was standing outside with JRS one late night at Shiloh and he was looking at the water tower and he said , one day lightning is going to hit that thing and this whole damn place is going to burn down. Well, maybe it’s wasn’t lightning but it’s sure burning down. I truly believe that he was regretful of his openness to Marylyn and all the craziness that followed. I believe he knew it was wrong and knew God was never in all that. I’m not making excuses for him. I just think he knew he had been buying into his own BS and the BS that was always around him. On his bed as he was sick and dying he cried out asking Martha for forgiveness. He knew.......

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 27, 2019 01:16PM

I remember well the feeling of being love-bombed by Marilyn. She would really try to make me feel special at times. Then there were other times when I was a nobody and someone who was not really part of the team. It would go back & forth. Some weeks I was loved, some weeks I was despised. I never knew which way the wind was going to blow. This really kept me on the ropes. It was driving me insane. It was such a violation of my core self. I had to leave.

And the irony is that Marilyn used to say “Insecurity is the Satan of the Kingdom”.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 27, 2019 01:36PM

Thanks for that info, Imapurple. I probably never knew JRS when he was not somehow involved with Marilyn...years before his divorce from Martha. I'm glad that he finally realized (on some level) that he was wrong for that. It doesn't take away the pain of all the wrong and hurt that he caused so many people. It does make him seem a bit more human.

Date: November 27, 2019 06:40PM

I M a P U R P L E

"On his bed as he was sick and dying he cried out asking Martha for forgiveness. He knew......."

That is a stunning account that would have probably shocked about 95% of the fellowship had they known about it. It possibly could have saved countless lives much suffering and grief by not signing up for the post-JRS era. Had we known, many of us would have probably headed for the door right there.

"Well, maybe it’s wasn’t lightning but it’s sure burning down."

Perhaps not all of JRS' prophesies were delusional fantasies . . .

Date: November 27, 2019 06:50PM

P U D D

"And the irony is that Marilyn used to say “Insecurity is the Satan of the Kingdom”.

Irony on steroids. The (Tramp of Israel) was the progenitor of insecurity (Satan herself?), and then required everybody to 'man-up' to the abuse. 'Tough love' or simply the absence of LOVE?

I think we have all decided which it is . . .

Date: November 27, 2019 06:56PM

R E E P

"It does make him seem a bit more human."

Somehow our fantasies (both his and ours) morphed him into a 'super-human'. Fantasies are like bubbles which eventually P O P !

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: November 27, 2019 09:11PM

Posted by: kBOY
Date: November 27, 2019 03:56AM

"It does make him seem a bit more human."

Somehow our fantasies (both his and ours) morphed him into a 'super-human'. Fantasies are like bubbles which eventually P O P !

That is very true, kBOY. I was thinking more along the lines of JRS' repentance on his death bed shows his remaining humanity in the end. (As opposed to his narcissistic fiend persona.)

I remember hearing a story from JRS to a few people prior to the divorce from Martha. He recounted what Martha had said to him one morning. She asked him, "Well, are you feeling more divine today?" I believe this was supposed to prove her nephilim nature by showing how she mocked him for his allegedly becoming Christ in the flesh. Now I think it's extremely funny. Martha was a spunky lady.

Yes, I wish I had known of his repentance long ago also. G&M based their hostile takeover on the fantasy that JRS had passed the mantle to them before he died. That fairy tale alone cost many people years, relationships, and family. We paid for this priviledge of losing everything with our souls and our agency. I'm sure that the people who kept these secrets had already paid Marilyn with those things and believed in their hearts that they were doing God's will. I'm thankful that some are speaking now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2019 09:13PM by Reepicheep.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 27, 2019 11:25PM

Reep, I’m thinking about John on his deathbed. I imagine, in a moment of clarity, he looked around the room and saw only his groupies. People he had created by feeding them fairy tales. And other people that wanted his power. It must have dawned on him that these people didn’t REALLY love him. They just wanted something from him. Or they were there as bondservants to The Apostle. And then he remembered Martha. The one who loved John the man. Just the man, not the apostle.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.