Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 10, 2024 12:35AM

Thanks to TheJewel and Reep for weighing in on this matter--two posters who make sense. I don't consider that to be a negative attribute, btw.
:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 10, 2024 02:05AM

What to you like least about me?

That you tend to make sense.

Well, what can I do about that?

Easy--I have in my possession a bunch of CD's where Marilyn speaks about the spirit realm. Just listen to them faithfully before you go to bed every night. You will be a changed person.

For the better?

If you have any suicidal thoughts, remember that is just the carnal mind being destroyed by the brightness of the lamp.

What?

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: February 10, 2024 12:48PM

Changed wrote:

"What to you like least about me?"

"That you tend to make sense."

"Well, what can I do about that?"

"Easy--I have in my possession a bunch of CD's where Marilyn speaks about the spirit realm. Just listen to them faithfully before you go to bed every night. You will be a changed person."

"For the better?"

"If you have any suicidal thoughts, remember that is just the carnal mind being destroyed by the brightness of the lamp."

"What?"

I'm so gratified to know, after so many years, that nobody else could follow Marilyn's train of thought, either. TBH, at times I had the same problem with JRS in everyday life. I thought I wasn't spiritual enough. But looking back, I think it's because one of us was perpetually drunk. Hint: It wasn't me. ; )

Date: February 10, 2024 10:30PM

Yeah, my turning point came when she was speaking from the pulpit at yet another long service in the Valley, a year or so before I finally left the cult. The Holy Spirit asked me if I had any idea what she was talking about. I said no. That was the totality of our 'conversation.'
;)

Reep wrote:
I'm so gratified to know, after so many years, that nobody else could follow Marilyn's train of thought, either. TBH, at times I had the same problem with JRS in everyday life. I thought I wasn't spiritual enough. But looking back, I think it's because one of us was perpetually drunk. Hint: It wasn't me. ; )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2024 10:40PM by changedagain.

Date: February 11, 2024 12:11AM

A little over four years ago:

Posted by: that little red flag
Date: January 05, 2020 05:56PM

changedagain wrote:
I think the main reason I was apprehensive about the level of intoxication within the ranks of 'ministries,' is that they were often assuming a role of managing (to put it lightly) people's lives. I've witnessed and also received truly bizarre directives from obviously drunk authorities. Yes, I suppose there might have been a few that could be reasonably functional while 'wasted,' but I think they were the exception. I think John set the tone in the 70's by admonishing the church about the toxicity of having an uptight 'religious spirit,' often citing the scripture about the Pharisees rebuking Jesus for being a 'winebibber.'

p.s. In spite of all this, I did try to show a modicum of respect for the 'Apostolic company,' never (to my knowledge) referring to them as the 'Alcoholic company'--just for the record.

I think I've mentioned this before, but my DR actually told me I needed to start drinking more. (Disclaimer: I actually do like a number of drinks but my stomach does not, per two ulcers acquired in my early 20's - probably brought on by the communal home I lived in!)

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: February 11, 2024 01:05PM

Reepicheep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Cult of Trump
>
> [culteducation.com]

Yikes. There is a formal analysis. I had not looked should be an interesting read. I’ll take a look. Thanks.

Date: February 12, 2024 02:32AM

If anyone is searching for a conversation-starting sweatshirt, I think I may have found one. Take a look. And no need to thank me. This is just one of the many things I do for people I care about:

[www.bonfire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2024 02:40AM by changedagain.

Date: February 14, 2024 12:05AM

Going back in time...

Posted by: changedagain
Date: June 12, 2011 01:21AM

jhorning
I've reached out recently to current members that I have known for years, but they won't talk about the walk or what is going on. They will not respond to me if I question what they are doing.

John,
The short answer is they probably believe they are on the right path, and having invested most of their lives in this, are wary of listening to anyone that might sway them from their course. Most of the people in TLWF tend to be extremely loyal in nature, genuine in their commitment--and instinctively resistant to anyone that does not share the viewpoint that they are being led by a word from God. Their first responsibility, as they see it, is to be obedient and not lose faith. You represent a challenge to this.
That said, the double standard is obvious once you've created some distance from this mass hypnosis. The leadership
(Hargraves), do not subject themselves to the same requirements they lay upon everyone else. Is anyone, even if designated to do so, really free to check their actions or teachings...without fear of retribution?
But if you are Christ in the earth--why allow yourself to be crossed by someone else?
It's good being Christ in the earth

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: February 14, 2024 06:23AM

You’ll need some music to go with that:

[www.youtube.com]

[youtu.be]

Date: February 14, 2024 08:20AM

The genius of Bob Dylan--wow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.