Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: June 26, 2023 06:55AM

I know in a few instances that they used this new doctrinal twist to target a few key men in the fellowship that were perhaps a threat to them. Dan S., pastor of SG at the time, may have been one of them.

Reep wrote:
Maybe Gary and Marilyn Hargrave just wanted to confuse and disorient us. And that, I believe, is what they did.

They sure knew how to "flood the zone with sh*t." It was near impossible to think rationally in that place. Perhaps that was the point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2023 06:56AM by changedagain.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: June 26, 2023 07:05AM

TLWF slogan for the "sheep."

"DON'T THINK, JUST OBEY."

So inspirational!

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 26, 2023 07:49AM

Changed wrote:

"I know in a few instances that they used this new doctrinal twist to target a few key men in the fellowship that were perhaps a threat to them. Dan S., pastor of SG at the time, may have been one of them."

Definitely Dan S. He must have royally pissed Marilyn off. Why else would they oust him from the law office and try to send him to pastor the church in Phoenix?

Date: June 26, 2023 09:02AM

I remember him telling me that he had no intention of going to Phoenix. At the time he was living next door to G & M, and he said they were shunning him. I suspect he viewed the directive that he relocate to Phoenix as being exiled. He also indicated that G & M were being the usual intrusive selves, trying to change things in him that he didn't want changed. At one point he described their relationship as "nutty" and said he didn't want to relate that way. None of what he said was surprising to me.

Reep wrote:
Definitely Dan S. He must have royally pissed Marilyn off. Why else would they oust him from the law office and try to send him to pastor the church in Phoenix?

Perhaps he was reluctant or unwilling to do something they wanted done, in a legal matter.

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: June 26, 2023 09:42AM

Changed, I still have to laugh when I think of the My Fair Lady songs he had some of us perform at the pre-4th of July squawk nights in Shiloh. "Just you wait, male nature. Just you wait". And the "No Popes" t-shirts we painted and were planning for South Gate people to wear at Shiloh. Something was definitely afoot. That was the first School of Prophets summer camp...1990. I think he got kicked out in 1992?

Date: June 26, 2023 09:54AM

Perhaps got the axe for being a bit edgy, fun & subversive? I liked that about him. It was refreshing, especially in contrast to the stone cold, ruthless ambition of G & M.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: June 26, 2023 09:38PM

I recall that Dan Statton was a Democrat. I’m sure that put him on people’s dung list. He was way too liberal for John Robert Stevens, Gary Hargrave or Marilyn.

Date: June 26, 2023 10:00PM

Oh, I wasn't aware of that. He never talked politics, at least in the time I spent with him.
I recall one day he told me that John was good with magic tricks, and that he could make money disappear in his hand--or something like that. Of course, a few potential jokes about John making money disappear immediately entered my mind, but I didn't go down that path. I could tell he still had an affection for John (vs. G & M), and it seemed to bring him some solace.

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I recall that Dan Statton was a Democrat. I’m
> sure that put him on people’s dung list. He was
> way too liberal for John Robert Stevens, Gary
> Hargrave or Marilyn.

Date: June 27, 2023 12:39AM

"Prophets of God marching along
At the end of an age
They are the ones that make things happen
That make things happen.

Judging what's right
Loosing what's wrong
As one great army they stand"

O.K.--I gonna stop now.
I think I may be butchering the lyrics

(please disregard this post)

Date: June 28, 2023 12:19AM

A few posts, as the 4th of July approaches...

Posted by: FCSLC
Date: July 05, 2016 11:52PM

My wife and I serve our two dogs. Food, water, shelter and even anti-anxiety/stress pills for the fireworks season. They won’t submit unless they’re rewarded, that is their unalterable bottom line.

Posted by: Paleface
ate: July 05, 2015 07:26AM

Well another gala 4th of July show was presented at Shiloh. It is part of Shiloh's campaign to reach out to the community and say "Hey everybody, come see our fireworks show and behold how normal we are". It really is a fantastic event. I wonder what it costs and who pays for it? I'm sure it's part of that "blank check" spending account that is given to Rick each year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.