Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: December 17, 2020 04:01AM

Changed, Intense posts leading up to Shalom's FB exposé a little over two years ago. I imagine that since then, most people have realized that G&M did indeed know everything that went on and regularly orchestrated the cover ups. They didn't want to fix anything. They only wanted to know who knew what. It was a long-standing pattern over the years, beginning with "the apostle to the kingdom", JRS himself. I'm sorry that there are people still in deception and bondage to these perverts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 19, 2020 09:35AM

All indications are, from the Woodrow Nichol's expose, that once JRS was finally shown the door from the last of his organized religious associations, he was a law unto himself, and no longer subject to confirmation from anyone BUT himself.

Since absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely, he kept pushing the envelope, and further justified the expansion of his picadillos, both moral and legal, without much opposition.

That paradigm was firmly in place by the time he hooked up with the 'tramp of Israel', who, along with the G-man, further expanded the height and depth of just how far corruption could be taken.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 22, 2020 01:13AM

I don't think there was any Walk teaching as pernicious as "Christ in the Flesh."
Although theoretically it was referring to the many-membered "Body of Christ," in practice it applied to John Stevens, and later to G & M. Any problem you might have had with these leaders, once communicated, would be twisted by these leaders as a problem with God. Of course, that opened the door for so much latitude in abusing the rank and file...who ended up at the mercy of predatory leaders. The net result was that anyone tightly connected to these leaders pretty much had free reign to do whatever the hell they wanted with other members of the fellowship (i.e. Rick and his enablers), as long as "Mom and Dad" were O.K. with it. On paper, there were many "ministries" who were given responsibility to "shepherd the flock," but everyone knew who really ran the show, and how you would have to act and think if you were going to remain in good standing within the fellowship. The only solution, for those with a moral compass, was to leave. Communication of wrongdoing within this corrupt organization did no good, and simply made the communicator a target of harassment. Most of us here have experienced that.
As Puddington put it:

I’ve recently talked with several current LW members who are encouraged about what is happening at TLWF. They are pointing out to me that Gary is demonstrating total integrity by requesting the 360 degree evaluation letters from congregants.

And then it dawned on me. Everything written in those letters he already knew about. He had to. Knowing how everything is run by G&M, he had to be following the reports about Rick. But by collecting feedback letters, he could play this charade of fake shock and surprise. And then he could issue a public statement like “gosh, we had no idea this was going on”. It is a clever way to cover his butt and create a condition of “plausible deniability”.

Date: December 22, 2020 01:15AM

note: my intent when I signed in today was simply to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. That didn't work out too well.

Date: December 22, 2020 04:23AM

C H A N G E D

HAPPY holi-daze for those needing the pick-me-up.

Knowing now who we are dealing with in the G-man, this gesture feigning integrity was more likely an attempt to assess just how much legal trouble he was in and plan accordingly.

That of course meant to buy as much time as he could to get his 'affairs in order', meaning, hiding as much of our hard-earned cash that he misappropriated for decades in order to launch his new 'world-wide misery', hopefully beyond the longarm of the law.

That slow-moving chapter has yet to play out.

Date: December 25, 2020 06:38AM

puddington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gosh. If the public really knew why.
>
> [tolucantimes.info]

Here's a post by 'Sarge' from approximately five years ago, regarding the origin of the Christmas truck:

Posted by: TheSarge
Date: December 13, 2015 12:20AM

In reading Lorena's quote, to be fair, she didn't say she helped create the Christmas truck. The musicians were sitting around, getting drunk, thinking about JRS, and went out. No planning, no thinking of anything in ministering to the neighborhood. In fact, they just said they were from That Studio and never mentioned The Living Word. It stayed that way. Just a bunch of "friends" doing a "thing." And it grew as the neighborhoods contacted That Studio. Then it went commercial, as all things Christmas tends to do when people are about glory to themselves. There are those who participate that have a heart of the season and genuinely care about the people who are starry eyed with the glitz as part of their celebration. But make no mistake: this has never been about the community. Eventually the route was made to accommodate celebrities like Denzel Washington. The truck would stay in front of his house upwards to 15 minutes. No was allowed to talk to him except who Rick said could. Then they started doing community Christmas parades in Sherman Oaks and Burbank. They always contacted the news to come film and do a bit. It made it a staple. Lorena's involvement probably started as an elf or a dancer. I was involved behind the scenes for years. But after a couple of years, I was told if I walked next to the truck, I wasn't allowed to talk to the people -- only designated people were allowed so the same thing was being said. Heavily controlled media spectacle! When folks in Shiloh wanted to do the same thing, Rick shut it down.

Date: December 25, 2020 10:27PM

C H A N G E D

"When folks in Shiloh wanted to do the same thing, Rick shut it down."

I heard from a very reliable source that RICK DISNEY hated any idea that was not his, or that he could not steal the credit for.

A true shepherds heart.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: December 26, 2020 12:19AM

Yes Rick suffers from the NIH disease. (Not Invented Here). It’s a disease that cripples corporations and stiffles teamwork. Rick never could work on a team unless he was the boss. Otherwise he tries to kill it. Just like an infantile narcissist.

The repost from Sarge makes me a little sad. She was really screwed over by her LW shepherds. And now she has passed on. She gave much to this forum and to me personally. I miss her. RIP Sarge.

Date: December 27, 2020 11:32PM

puddington Wrote:

The repost from Sarge makes me a little sad. She
was really screwed over by her LW shepherds. And
now she has passed on. She gave much to this forum
and to me personally. I miss her. RIP Sarge.

Yes--well put.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2020 11:32PM by changedagain.

Date: December 28, 2020 12:42AM

kBOY Wrote:
I heard from a very reliable source that RICK DISNEY hated any idea that was not his, or that he could not steal the credit for.

A true shepherds heart.

Yes, "shepherd's heart"...I heard that phrase used in the cult so many times where it obviously did not apply.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.