> I think in the 12 years or so I have written in
> this forum, I have only complained to the
> moderator about one person...a troll who
> insinuated that one of our most credible posters
> was a neph, and that I had joined the church of
> Satan. That latter accusation was true, but it
> still pissed me off /s

Hi changedagain,

It sounds like you had a well founded reason to report and that it wasn't done in haste, as a solely anger reactionary move, or without the troll's own behavior supporting it.

But again your comment made me think of another bias disclosure: I have been accused of trolling various tlwf Facebook and Twitter accounts. However. I don't call it trolling (well I did call it trolling once as a joke) because it's done in my own name on Facebook and my Twitter feed is my own name with a couple of numbers at the end. So I don't think I fit the definition of troll in the classic sense of an anonymous trouble maker.

And even if I am a troll of sorts, I make no apologies for social media debates with people like Allan Fetherston, Carol Baker, Diana Jo, or others who remain fully entrenched and supportive of tlwf and jrs dogma.

JP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 05:25AM by FireWalker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FireWalker ()
Date: January 19, 2020 05:30AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This entire forum . . . everything to do with
> a false narrative pitched on 'its' behalf, with
> all the attendant abuses.
>

Hi kBOY,

I should have hung out here more then to have exposure to the LIGHT and LOVE.

Which reminds me of a line from one of my favorite songs: "Sometimes darkness can show you the light."

Perhaps we will all rewrite the darkness of the past someday. I'm still working on my rewrite for sure.

JP

Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 19, 2020 08:15AM

Changedagain and FireWalker...on being agnostic. I appreciate your viewpoints very much. I haven't yet settled on a good label for my current beliefs, other than that I want to be a good human being who treats others with respect. That is far more than any apostles, lamps, or other sundry TLWF leaders did for us. Maybe if they could have tried just being good human beings, rather than God's mouthpieces, they would have operated with far more humility and love.

Posted by: Cloudwatcher ()
Date: January 19, 2020 10:06AM

I am really glad that FireWalker has joined the conversation. Welcome FireWalker. And thank you for calling out the bullshit being promoted by onion. John Miller uses people to protect his own ass and those of his cronies. He is not a good man. he is self-serving with delusions of granduer--- a legend in his own mind.

He believes in the false teachings of the LW and so I guess then he believes in the wholesale imprisonment of other human beings. Because that is all the living word is or ever was. It was brainwashing and hypnosis using scriptures that were twisted -- and now we know the speakers of the living word were perverts and sexual deviants--- as well as liars and greedy monsters who pocketed the money of hard working dedicated, brainwashed people. Sad Really sad.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: January 19, 2020 04:19PM

R E E P

"I haven't yet settled on a good label for my current beliefs, other than that I want to be a good human being who treats others with respect."

The GOSPEL of LOVE requires no religion.

Date: January 19, 2020 04:31PM

C L O U D

"And now we know the speakers of the living word were perverts and sexual deviants--- as well as liars and greedy monsters who pocketed the money of hard working dedicated, brainwashed people."

An impressive con considering it lasted through numerous iterations (JRS/Martha, JRS/Marilyn, Marilyn, Gary/Marilyn and the G-man alone), spanning roughly 70 years (early 1950s to almost 2020) before it all came tumbling d o w n . . .

Even though there were plenty of casualties along the way, it still had enough steam to keep propelling itself along until it could no longer hide the fact that there was not much GOD there at all.

Posted by: FireWalker ()
Date: January 19, 2020 11:57PM

Thanks for the welcome Cloudwatcher.

CEI got a mention(ish) on a tweet today. Thanks mods and CEI for providing people a place to talk and a source of info.

Let me know if it's not okay to post external links. Since there's a world icon it looks like links are okay????

Politics trigger warning if you click: Tweet with CEI mention(ish)

ETA: Intent of this post is to give CEI props for all they do. I don't plan to discuss politics here. Friends get enough of that from me over on the Book of Faces. :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2020 12:00AM by FireWalker.

Date: January 20, 2020 12:21AM

F I R E w a l k e r

I believe it is important to point out all the manifestations of cult dynamics wherever they raise their ugly head, be they religious, political, corporate, etc.

They are far more prevalent than we would believe, and far more nuanced, camouflaged, and concealed by degrees to look like something other than they are.

Caveat emptor.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: January 20, 2020 01:55AM

Kboy … what you are saying about the gospel of love requiring no religion resonates with my wife and I. We are staying away from religion and man's opinions as much as possible, asking for His help and keeping it simple. Getting puppies has been such a blessing to us, because we have watched their barometer when we meet strangers … they either love the stranger or let us know to stay away from them. I truly believe they are not religious. One of them tries to eat his own poop once in a while, which I am trying to get him to quit doing, but it is not as bad as the poop we had to eat.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: January 20, 2020 02:03AM

I mean by "poop" all the poppy cock of man's religion and opinions to try and pry us from the loving arms of the One we love and who loves us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.