Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: January 08, 2020 11:55PM

Reep wrote:
Typer, I agree that Martha Stevens was a good and loving person. There was nothing wrong with her. Her husband had a roving eye and didn't feel that his ministry could survive a divorce. So what does any self-respecting Apostle to the Kingdom do? Tell people to pray for his wife to die, of course. Simple. Fortunately, it didn't work. JRS actually died sixteen years prior to Martha at the age of 63.

It couldn't have been easy belonging to a church that is praying for your death. Seems like it would be a joy killer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Reepicheep ()
Date: January 09, 2020 12:25AM

Changedagain wrote:

It couldn't have been easy belonging to a church that is praying for your death. Seems like it would be a joy killer.

No doubt. That would definitely make me a bit grumpy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2020 12:28AM by Reepicheep.

Date: January 09, 2020 01:08AM

Why are you grumpy?
Well, my husband is still having the church pray for my death.
Is that all?
Yes, isn't that enough?
Have you tried looking on the bright side of life?
You're not going to sing that song to me again, are you?
Yes, I am
Now I am really grumpy. This day is not starting well.
(singing)
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse

For the love of God! Someone help me!!
(silence)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2020 01:16AM by changedagain.

Posted by: typer ()
Date: January 09, 2020 03:32AM

Changedagain: You make me laugh. Thank you. It is so true when we had a cry for help the silence could be deafening. I love the songs of help we sing to each other. The morbid ones that make us laugh are the best.

Date: January 09, 2020 04:24AM

typer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changedagain: You make me laugh. Thank you. It is
> so true when we had a cry for help the silence
> could be deafening. I love the songs of help we
> sing to each other. The morbid ones that make us
> laugh are the best.

Thanks, typer. Glad you're contributing to this forum. You've witnessed and experienced a lot, obviously. It's certainly important that we continue to shed the 'heaviness' dumped on us from decades of exposure to authoritarian hypocrites. Have a good day!

p.s. if you can find a way to charge someone $40 for a service that is typically free, I would recommend doing it ;)

Date: January 09, 2020 04:31AM

Leaving this realm
To move into another

note: I was evicted from the first realm, so this move was not by choice.
I think it for the better, though.
#optimistic

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 10, 2020 02:03AM

Below is an excerpt from the Kalona News. It raises a lot of questions.

It was published yesterday and is online at:

[thenews-ia.com]?

The annexation requests include about 200 acres of property owned by Shiloh church, roughly 465 acres owned by Marilyn Farms and 35 acres owned by Larry and Evelyn Hershberger.

The Shiloh property is bordered to the north by 133rd Street and to the east by Nutmeg Avenue.

Schlabaugh clarified Tuesday morning that not all property owned by Marilyn Farms is part of the voluntary annexation.

He explained that the Marilyn Farms property and the Hershberger parcel create a “contiguous connection” to the current city corporate limits.

The expectation is that the primary Shiloh property will be sold to a developer.

“We’ll have more in depth discussion at the next meeting (Jan. 20) with the vision and how that will carry out at that time,” Schlabaugh said. “At the point, the developer will be public, and they’ll share their vision.”

He added that the buildings on the Shiloh property will soon be coming down to make way for development.

“The buildings are scheduled to go; I’m not going to sugar coat that,” he said. “A lot of that stuff is going to go.”

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: January 10, 2020 02:05AM

It is interesting that the Kalona News article spells out the real reason the buildings will be demolished. "...to make way for development." The meeting on January 20th should tell us who the developer is. Shall we start a betting pool?

Posted by: typer ()
Date: January 10, 2020 04:17AM

My wife and I were talking about spiritual pride today. I said I am getting full of "freedom from the cult" pride because I now have a voice and I feel the friendship from so many on this site. A voice is a wonderful thing to find again.

Hopefully, I'm not getting too proud. Maybe I'm just loving who I have been created to be. Hope so. That's how I feel about you all.

Date: January 10, 2020 04:32AM

“We’ll have more in depth discussion at the next meeting (Jan. 20) with the vision and how that will carry out at that time,” Schlabaugh said. “At the point, the developer will be public, and they’ll share their vision.”

I suspect one way or another this vision will entail a very few people making off like bandits, and everyone else who has been sacrificially involved with Shiloh through the years, receiving the usual compensation (the inner satisfaction of laboring 'unto the Lord').
Maybe I will be surprised, and there actually is a pony in this vision.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2020 04:34AM by changedagain.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.