Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Onion ()
Date: February 06, 2019 10:30AM

Prettyboy - Kudos on getting your Brazil investment back. My mom invested some money she inherited from her brother and of course, never saw a penny of it when the whole deal went south. My dad, a retired L.A.P.D. detective always threatened to put a hit on Harold Williams because of it. (Dad was a great talker and an even better storyteller.) It was also always a burr under my saddle because mess around with me, okay, mess around with my mom and you're toast. But I never uttered a word out loud - my mom would have been horrified to question the leaders. I wonder what she would think now.

Don and Peter in the Valley were Don Latzer and Peter Whitney. Don became an attorney and I think he lived in Iowa for a long time and he married someone named Victory if I remember correctly. Peter eventually got married and had kids and was still in the church for a long time but kind of receded from view and then was gone. Don't remember details of that.

The lawyer from Des Moines was Dan Statton. He was real big on speed reading but I don't remember any quizzes about dildos.

A book. I would love to hear ideas. I have discussed it with one of my good friends on this forum and maybe it's time to get serious.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: February 06, 2019 10:51AM

thanks kboy,
i do hope that don and peter found for themselves lives equal to their respective talents apart from being living word freak show exhibitions. how was your recent excursion into the wilds? and about that spare bedroom you and little red flag offered to provide me as an escape from the throes of an iowa winter, still up? if i come would some of the merries attend and throw flowers on the path of my entrance? or rather, you two could come to iowa and get away from balmy temps, concerns for the next impending earthquake and the vista of the pacific ocean. here in iowa, and jesusjesusjesus will agree, we've the tundra of an iowa landscape. what could be better; i've your bedroom all made up, heating vent open at 65 degrees. i know, how could you resist unless the airfares here are too damn high for travelers from s. calif. wanting to come to iowa in early feb. after all, where in s. calif. can one experience the absolute joy of -26F, as we had last week; or freezing rain as we did here today. bedroom is made up and waiting for you and littleredflag. will y'all be flying into cedar rapids or des moines? i need to know as my limousine driver, waiting for my instruction and smoking a joint, need know. please advise

Posted by: JesusJesusJesus ()
Date: February 06, 2019 11:38AM

Prettyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
here in iowa, and jesusjesusjesus
> will agree, we've the tundra of an iowa landscape.
> what could be better;

I figured the Polar Vortex was nothing compared to an especially long service or intense personal ministry from a DR. :)

Date: February 06, 2019 11:47AM

onion,
you don't recall speed reading tests because, i presume, you did not take any. ok, ok dildo references, moby dick, etc., all essentially tongue in cheek. so then, let's ponder your upcoming book together. before doing so i wish to reiterate the effect of my reading a recent post you made which i have recently made note of, the one that resulted in my comment to you to shine on. of all the posts that i have read on this forum over the previous months, that post for me was the embellishment and the nugget of every pain and loss, confusion and anger (not only for you but for all the others equally abused and tricked with magic tricks) but personally for me put me in your shoes and demanded of me a sense of empathy that previously i lacked. i felt that the suffering that you suffered and i did not, that now i was. to spend most of one's life in a scam, not out of material profit but rather a presumed higher calling, you did that, onion and not for the hope of some material gain but in service to that higher calling. you were not serving the hargrave/marilyn juggernaught, you were serving a higher calling and that, i wonder, is what trapped you, confusing that higher calling with the bullshit of every cult orthodoxy. i am no damn expert with respect to cult counseling and, i need not be, you've ample help on that score provided by this forum and a counselor if you have one. but i said it over and over again, and granted i am no expert neither am i longer a professing christian (btw, pretty much unrelated to my lw/shiloh experience) forgiveness to oneself and to others is the most applicable and reasonable tenet of the christian faith. whether jesus was born on xmas day, whether he was resurrected, whether he was born to a virgin impregnated by the holy spirit, whether noah loaded all the animals and plants on a small ship, to me these are simply stories, to other readers of this post divine truths. does it make any damn difference when we all read onion's testament. onion, a somewhat damaged soul but also a shining diamond. aren't all of us, in so many ways, the same as onion

Date: February 06, 2019 12:01PM

JJJ, did you enjoy the freezing rain? i closed my store early today in order to get home safely.? "personal service from a DR". not sure what that means, please inform. and if you are in i.c. sometime, swing by my store and i'll buy you some mexican treats from "el paso" restaurant nearby,and they have true mex. food, not tex/mex crap w/ sour cream and head lettuce.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: February 06, 2019 12:21PM

Prettyboy Wrote:
> dear changedagain,
> again thank you for your clarification about your
> "disingenuous" comment. i thought that that was
> addressed to me given my previous comments about
> one's personal responsibility, etc. i can handle
> being characterized as being ignorant, insensitive
> or/and being a egotistical blowhard, but being
> "disingenuous"
> might have been more than i could take. you got
> me off the hook on that one, thanks.

My writing was a bit muddled. Sorry for not taking the time to be more clear.
Yeah...disingenuous you're not!

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: February 06, 2019 02:13PM

kBOY Wrote:
> PRETTYboy:
>
>
> Your 'super-prophets' were Don Latzer and
> Peter Whitney, both of whom failed to make
> the G&M transition.

I recall talking to these two guys about 6 months after JRS had passed. These really wierd years. They were convinced that Marilyn had gone insane. Based on the gibberish she was saying at the pulpit during those months, I’d have to agree with them.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: February 07, 2019 12:11AM

Tmason Wrote:
> changedagain Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Ohman? Wrote:
> >
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > > From Hawaiian shirts to orange jumpsuits
> > please!!
> >
> > great slogan :)
>
>
> I still like the old school black and white
> stripped outfits. They look really good on the
> convicts out in the hot sun breaking rocks!
> One can only hope.....

Ivanka will soon be releasing a new line of designer orange jumpsuits and accessories. Drop her a line with design ideas.

Date: February 07, 2019 02:00AM

JesusJesusJesus Wrote:

> I figured the Polar Vortex was nothing compared to
> an especially long service or intense personal
> ministry from a DR. :)

Hilarious
I guess it has to do with each person(s) tolerance for different kinds of pain. What would I choose? Hmm...three hours of the Polar Vortex or three hours of a LW service (Gary bringing yet another word on obedience & God's disappointment with his people). I'm leaning toward the vortex. Of course, the assumption is that I would be properly clothed to survive it (no Hawaiian garb--that would probably be impractical).

Date: February 07, 2019 02:38AM

puddington Wrote:
> kBOY Wrote:

> > Your 'super-prophets' were Don Latzer
> and
> > Peter Whitney, both of whom failed to
> make
> > the G&M transition.

> I recall talking to these two guys about 6 months
> after JRS had passed. These really weird years.
> They were convinced that Marilyn had gone insane.
> Based on the gibberish she was saying at the
> pulpit during those months, I’d have to agree with
> them.

Good thing she never got into Twitter. She would have a sizable following.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.