Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Prettyboy ()
Date: February 10, 2019 09:37AM

little red flag, so sorry you missed your flight to iowa so i'll suggest an alternative. my limo driver, alphonso honeybutt, is getting a bit bored and restless here on the iowa tundra. he told me this morning we should drive to florida and spend a week watching the oranges grow. i told him that would not work given that i need to make money (in part to pay his salary) by selling goods from my store and that won't happen if i am in florida orange-watching. he said "hhrrpphhmmp". i then told him, instead, he would be allowed to drive to s. calif. to pick up kboy and you to bring y'all back here with but one condition - no cheech and chong "up in smoke" stuff on the way back from calif. to iowa. he responded with "hhrrpphmmp, okay" and an hour later hit the road with a spare change of clothes limited to a pair of boxers and socks and a hearty attitude; he should be arriving at your home about 2 days hence, that is unless he takes the route that goes through colorado, state of the green dispensaries. he is driving a 1969 (year of woodstock, of course) purple and lime-green oldsmobile hearse with whitewall tires and moose antlers as the hood ornament. he is 6 ft. tall, weighs about 10 stone, sports an orange mohawk and has a hitleresque moustache. he will only stop to eat at burger king (so you may need to bring your own rations) and only listens to cassette tapes of hermans hermits. he talks in abundance and listens to others quite rarely so bring your earplugs. so looking forward to your visit. i've got ice-fishing gears all ready!
happy trails, pretty boy

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 10, 2019 09:41AM

JJJ, looking forward to meeting you. el paso cuisine on me plus i've a small assortment of vintage hawaiian shirts to brighten your spirits during tundra time.

Date: February 10, 2019 09:48AM

on a vastly more serious note than my previous 2 posts what is proceeding, if any, with the charges of sexual assault levied against rick holbrook and the consequent potential coverup by hargrave, both which seem to me, criminal offenses? without such, doesn't it seem there will be no true restitution?

Date: February 10, 2019 09:58AM

JJJ, what's the ground like about your house and place of work? my home ground is a sea of ice and slick thawed and then frozen snow, absolutely treacherous for walking. i reckon the orthopedics and physical therapists will be much overbooked in the coming weeks.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: February 10, 2019 01:51PM

Changed - I hope somehow Mr. Kent knows what has happened/exploded with TLWF.

I was remembering a funny story today and thought I would share. I first heard the rumors about JRS' lascivious behavior and reputation for womanizing in the mid to late 60's. I had met JRS once or twice but had not yet considered being a Christian and going to the church. I was on a date with a guy I had known (and had a crush on) in High School. As we sat in his car in my driveway, we got started talking about serious topics and somehow this church my mom had started going to came up. When my friend Dave heard the name John Robert Stevens he almost split a gut. This guy was a Viet Nam vet from one of the famous outfits that so many were lost to, very tough and he was freaked out and warned me - do not go near that man. My reaction? Being the deep thinker I was at the ripe age of 18-19, I thought it was hilarious. JRS was this OLD guy who wasn't even cute! So I went into the house and woke my mom up and said "You won't believe what I just heard."

What's the story about the guy waiting for God to rescue him from the flood? He dies and asks why and God says, well I sent you a boat, I sent you a helicopter.... etc. etc. Oy if I had only listened.

Posted by: Onion ()
Date: February 10, 2019 02:00PM

Prettyboy - I'm afraid some of the legal aggression we were all feeling may be somewhat up in smoke (thank you for the Cheech reference). There are many who are down, but definitely not out.

The State of NY just changed the statute of limitations so that any person sexually abused/assaulted as a minor, has until they are 55 years old to bring an action (criminal or civil). Hawaii extended its statute substantially but not as fabulously as NY. California is supposed to be following up soon with some sweeping changes similar to NY.

I suggest round the clock intercession. Let's set up a phone tree for the 3:00 a.m. channel time to be sure everyone prays when the channels are so clear with help from the Menehunes in Hawaii. We were so effective the last time we tried this, why not keep doing it?

Date: February 10, 2019 10:32PM

somewhere along the timeline of my being on this forum i had read and/or heard that the iowa legislature had extended the statue of limitations for sexual assaults claims to 25 years. if so, would that extension fall within the timeline for the alleged sexual abuse claim, having taken place in iowa, against holbrook? so this morning i checked up on that and this, from my readings, is what i think is current iowa law.

the iowa senate early last year unanimously passed a bill extending sexual abuse claims to 25 years, from the time the claimant turned 18 yoa, if the alleged abuse occurred while the claimant was a minor. however, as i understand it is that that statue of limitations is actually now 10 years. if this is so, then i assume the iowa house amended the senate's bill from 25 years to 10 years and this was the bill that was able to pass both chambers and became law. is this a correct interpretation? if so, then the statue of limitations in iowa for sexual abuse claims such as that against holbrook has passed, at least in iowa, and as a result, neither he need worry about any criminal charges nor hargrave be concerned about complicity in a coverup. all of that then be the instance for criminal charges/claims although i've no idea how it pertains to any civil claims/charges. sometimes, silence is not golden.

Date: February 10, 2019 10:42PM

hey onion,

is the mr. kent you referenced the famous investigative reporter, clark, from the daily planet?

btw, i learned just last week from a conversation i had with a former lw congregant who your former in laws were. if your former father-in-law was in the military during ww2 but not in the u.s. military, then i surely knew your in-laws.

sorry you missed getting on that helicopter!

Date: February 10, 2019 10:47PM

dear red flag,

an update on my limo driver, honeybutt. as i suspected, he took the route to calif. through colorado and presently is parked in a green dispensary parking lot in denver waiting for it to open. just thought you might like to know.
prettboy

Date: February 10, 2019 11:44PM

you all know about jesus' instruction to forgive your enemies. must be supremely tested with respect to hargave, holbrook and company, especially given, presumably, their walking away virtually unscathed with bags of booty while many others, such as yourselves, are left with bags of bad memories and regrets. on the other hand, you've each other, your integrity intact, your moral compass well functioning and kiwi from new zealand available at your local grocery store.

an account of which i recently learned which is a testament of jrs' abuse of power and influence which is also a testament to the complicity of many congregants. in a service at shiloh jrs abruptly charged, in a sudden outburst, a certain pastor of disobedience, etc. (and, of course, the congregation sat silent, excepting one brave soul who contended with the accuracy of jrs' allegations - uh-oh, that was definitely a big "no no"). in hearing this story in which this particular incident occurred (and after i had left lw/shiloh) and in which the "accused" was a friend of mine, i was incensed and thought had i been in the congregation at that moment i would have stood up with the brave soul and shouted "you piece of shit; you, jrs frigging phony apostle of the kingdom, you fat charlatan of the ages, etc. nah, likely i would not have done any such thing despite my friend being skewered but, more likely, sat silently with everyone else because my moral compass was lost in the mariana trenches. and had that occurred on that day long ago would today i be able to forgive myself for having been complicit in a wrong-doing by virtue of my silence. it's a hypothetical, but i certainly hope i would be able to do so, that is forgive myself for my silence.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.