Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: filthy apron ()
Date: May 18, 2017 02:54AM

I know right, I look amazing!
You didn't need any real clues I spelled my name all the way out on like page one zero something Lol
I don't think any of these other "old timers" know me...but maybe they do.
I don't think I've ever asked but were you at the excommunication ceremony when myself and the guy I was sleeping with got kicked out???
Oh goodness i crack myself up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 18, 2017 02:59AM

A good portion of the people that post here know who I am, and certainly the ones I complain about in TLWF do as well, so...

A good portion of the people that post here know who I am, and certainly the ones in TLWF that I complain about it, know as well...so

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> filthy apron – You’ve given too many
> clues – now I know who you are. I was
> questioning whether you really knew me or not when
> you used the word “brilliant”. I am a teacher
> after all – we talk and write lots. Sorry for
> the excess. A lot of water has gone under the
> bridge in the past 18 years. I certainly am in a
> much healthier place than I was when I left TLWF
> and you knew me - which I’m sure you are too.
> BTW, you look great on Facebook.

Date: May 18, 2017 03:01AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
> Another miracle. The single moms and dads.
> Separated by TLWF inhumane version of the unequal
> yoke doctrine. Who worked two jobs to care for
> their kids. And still found time to help them with
> their homework.

Yes

Date: May 18, 2017 03:11AM

puddington Wrote:
> >
> > Those whose minds have been hacked by TLWF.
> Would
> > not object. Those who object could face anger
> and
> > discipline. Even expulsion.
>
>
> What a convenient self-purging system a cult is.
> And then they turn-around and brag about how they
> have "oneness" and heart and mind agreement. It's
> so artificial.

If someone brags about relationships and oneness, it's almost certainly not there, Puddington. At least that's what I've observed. I've had enough turmoil in my life, both within TLWF and away from it (though the latter experience is far better), that I don't find myself bragging. Now watch me contradict myself with the next post :)

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 18, 2017 04:06AM

Psychology 101-people (including posters) get a boost to their self esteem when they brag. Usually though there is something much darker going on in their lives. I too appreciate the honesty from slandjt, filty apron, Invisible and NickleandDimed. I think one benefit of surviving the cult is an enhanced bs sniffer and hypocrisy sniffer. It seems to me if one is truly restored by God, there would be a genuine brokenness evident in their lives.

Regarding divorce and remarriage there are church ladies, ministries, and scholars who say remarriage is never an option and the true fruit of repentance would be to seek reconciliation with the ex-spouse or there are those who say remarriage is allowable under certain exceptions. And there are those who say remarriage is always allowed because of God's grace. These are all human interpretations. And what I learned from my LW experience is we have to be careful about taking a human interpretation and forcing it on another.

My ancestry.com results should arrive soon. I can hardly wait to post my stats. lol

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 18, 2017 05:14AM

filty apron, lol. We share the same rebel streak. Agree with you about forgiveness for adulterers. In reading all the posts. Found myself irked by the number of times Larry Bobo judged John and G&M for their adultery. Not because I wanted them to be defended. Because LB couldn't see the log in his own eye.

Posted by: filthy apron ()
Date: May 18, 2017 05:58AM

Nickle and Dimed
There's another chapter in Mathew about agreement somewhere I think -right?
AND that pesky "agreement among men" thing to, I get your irked ness...I'm not defending adulterers just sayin' I don't judge people's marital situations or number of "partners" or spouses. AND yeah I see the speck, the stick the log and the whole dang forest.

Changed
I don't think I know you but you probably knew or know my parents...my name is Macie used to be Johnson. NO fear !!

Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: May 18, 2017 06:20AM

Hi Larrybobo,

In thinking in response to what you posted to me, I too am happy when I see family relationships being restored and I too have received of His mercy and His grace and continue to live my life by faith to the degree that I am aware of how I am to live. I too believe that TLW can be saved from the things they have believed that have become so destructive to the lives of many of their members - with men it is impossible but with God all thing are possible.

I don't think there is any need to tear out any page in the Old or N.T. - just because we find strong
opposing thoughts in our thinking about God or His relationship with those He chose and appointed to reveal His glory. The many short comings and the falling short of God's glory - shown by the lives of those recorded in the Books - have been preserved thru the ages for our sake and for our own admonition.

There is no one good but God alone - is what the good Shepherd said when the rich young ruler who had kept all the Commandments since he was a youth, asked Jesus what must he do to be saved and yet he went away grieving because He was unable to part with what was his security - to answer the Lord's call to come and follow Him.

Or we could also point out how God loved Jacob and hated Esau before they were even born, while the two infants were still yet in the womb - when neither one had done any right or any wrong - this was spoken and written - so that we might know that the choices of God stand.

The hearts and minds of men in hearing such things often rise up to hate God, to accuse Him of being evil - in really hearing such a thing they find this more than difficult to honor Him as God- having not yet come to know the truth - and that is - that God IS love. Which makes all the opposing things fit together and brings much peace to the soul, to know He is God and God IS love.

The Law is holy and the commandment is holy, righteous and good. The law was given to man not that it was able to make men perfect - it was given as a tutor and it was given - to reveal the "righteousness" of God, to mankind.

I believe that when we come to love God and to love one another the way God hopes we will ( since He does not force Himself on anyone and He has given to man a free will ) and makes known that those who seek Him will find Him - and that when we find Him - we will be changed and we will become like Him little by little and when He appears we know we will be like Him - at some point when we are changed enough - there won't be divorce any more and parents won't come to the place where they hate one another, there will be no more crying and sufferings, that come about as a result of not knowing Him just as He IS, which is how men are changed from glory to glory. His glory.

After the scribes and the Pharisees brought the woman who was caught in adultery, after they had dropped their stones and left, Jesus asked the woman, "Is there no one who condemns you?" and she answered Him, "No Lord." He then said, "Neither do I condemn you." And then He said, "Go and sin no more."

I noticed it was the Lord who intervened and came to her rescue and it was His "Words," that convicted all those who were ready to stone her- that not one of them was without sin - so that they all dropped their stones and left.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: May 18, 2017 08:22AM

filthy apron - I don't remember your ex-communication. I must have been in time out and not allowed in the back room at the time. It's good to see you and your hubby and son are doing well! I hope saying it will not make it untrue to the skeptics who believe life only gets worse after TLWF :) I do remember the quality of the food going down when you disappeared. But then, there's not much you can do with quinoa. I took a lot of kids on rebellious trips to Taco Bell for survival in the day.

Posted by: slandjt ()
Date: May 18, 2017 11:41AM

Great post. I do have a heightened BS awareness and little patience for it (BS, not awareness). Let's call a spade a spade, shall we? I don't think God has anything to do with the messy business of divorce. There are always ways of justifying behavior, no matter how bad it is, but I can't stand it when people justify their behavior in the name of God. Someone can visit a women's shelter and then tell others about how they "ministered" to the less fortunate. Another person can preach about what the Bible says about divorce although the preaching largely depends on whether that person is the one being left behind or is the one moving on with someone else. My ex-husband left because we were "unequally yoked," or at least that was the excuse being given at the time. The bottom line was that he was screwing someone else and the grass was greener on the other side. So, I picked up the pieces and moved on. Someone had to be responsible for raising the kids. I've long since moved on from blaming him (or her by default). SH-T happens, doesn't it? I believe that honesty comes from looking at one's own responsibility in a situation, acknowledging it, and moving forward. I've got grandchildren now, and don't have time to re-hash what should or could have been. Just please don't preach about divorce (or other things) and then tell me you know what God has to say about it (or other things). I don't believe that any one person has a plumb-line to and from God.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.