Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: puddington ()
Date: May 15, 2017 04:47AM

>
> Those whose minds have been hacked by TLWF. Would
> not object. Those who object could face anger and
> discipline. Even expulsion.

What a convenient self-purging system a cult is. And then they turn-around and brag about how they have "oneness" and heart and mind agreement. It's so artificial.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rond ()
Date: May 15, 2017 10:11PM

gosh, that's too bad. poor people.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: May 15, 2017 11:35PM

The last time I posted the page views for this forum was on April 22, 2017 at 07:49PM
I believe I have finally been delivered from this trivial obsession. Thanks everyone for helping me through this difficult time.

Changedagain
(formerly Rainman)

p.s. I'll be going to Vegas for a few days to celebrate my breakthrough--in a non-addictive way, of course. No need to worry.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 16, 2017 03:35AM

CA-I'm a little worried about how fast you are letting go of your stats obsession. Las Vegas is Babylon. Resist!

I'm not one to judge though. Ancestry.com is my current obsession.

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 16, 2017 04:52AM

Before I left, I obsessed about death at least 10 hours a day. After I left, the obsession reduced to 4 hours a day. Then 2 hours. I don't obsess about it anymore.

Date: May 16, 2017 07:35AM

lily rose Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CA-I'm a little worried about how fast you are
> letting go of your stats obsession. Las Vegas is
> Babylon. Resist!
>
> I'm not one to judge though. Ancestry.com is my
> current obsession.

my ancestry.com stats:
41% Great Britain
33% Ireland
18% European Jewish
8% miscellaneous (possibly nephilim)

Date: May 16, 2017 07:37AM

NickleandDimed Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Before I left, I obsessed about death at least 10
> hours a day. After I left, the obsession reduced
> to 4 hours a day. Then 2 hours. I don't obsess
> about it anymore.

Good
I still do recall the sense of terror, ridiculous now, when I left my 'covering.'
That s**t gets into your being...not easy to shake.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: May 16, 2017 10:20AM

This Mother’s Day, I found myself especially thankful for my mom who now lives with my sister in Palmer Lake, CO – the same small town my wife and I live in. My sister is out of town for a few weeks and my mom and I have been spending a lot more time together. Her and my father left TLWF in 1979 after five members of the Des Moines church corporation set out of ministry all the other leaders of that local church. They never really recovered from that ordeal. There was no bad behavior involved, just a lack of agreement over praying for Martha’s death – Shiloh versus the local church. It was quite sad in hindsight.

My mom especially made every effort to get me to rethink my involvement in TLW, always sending me books about cults. I think they felt responsible for bringing me into TLWF at age 14. Although I did read everything she gave me, I thought the people who were writing these things were clueless about what life inside TLWF was really like. Over time, I started realizing much of what she had sent me was in fact true. However, I valued the decades-old friendships over what I considered to be doctrinal errors – after all no church is perfect, right?

It wasn’t until I sent a letter to Apco questioning some of the beliefs that I began to see the talons come out. It became very apparent that it was about control, not about helping me gain further understanding. I was not allowed to speak in a church service for the next year until I learned not to question anything. Since I was on probation, many of my long standing friendships also evaporated. I didn’t really learn how conditional they really were until I severed ties with TLWF – then they became hateful. Oh the joys of being “Satan”.

Jesus taught that we were to honor our father and mother. The first step I took after leaving TLWF was to restore that relationship. Even though I had disconnected from them emotionally for the past 20 years, they were both very loving and understanding towards me. We’ve discussed how dishonoring it is to disconnect from your natural parents and let others become “mom and dad”. What was taught as breaking family bonds ultimately led to mind control. Jesus taught that we were not to value family relationships above our relationship with him, but never that we were to dishonor our parents.

The clever way deception is ministered in TLWF is that the lordship of Jesus Christ is taught (which is a good thing) but then the leadership takes the place of the Lord - which is idolatry. Marriage was taught, but then Marilyn was given a higher place than our spouse – which is adultery. Honoring father and mother was taught, but then G&M took the place of our parents - which is very dishonoring to our natural parents. All of this is destructive teaching and contrary to the scriptures. I’ve watched health restored to all three areas in my personal life since leaving TLWF. I’m thankful for the prayers of my parents who would never let go and never stopped loving me. In contrast, I found I was used and discarded and then lied about when I no longer served a useful purpose to the leadership of TLWF. Quite the reward for 30 years of faithful service. Fortunately, God does restore what the locust have eaten!

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 17, 2017 02:21AM

Larry Bobo, don't take this wrong. You've posted often. We should read the instruction manual. The words of Jesus. Your posts say both you and your wife divorced. According to what Jesus said. Does that now make you and your wife adulterers? Don't take this wrong. I'm interested in your opinion.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: May 17, 2017 10:14AM

NickleandDimed. Jesus did give one exception, which both my current wife of 17 years and I could argue from a legal standpoint regarding previous marriages. On the other hand, there is no way I could possibly claim that I have not lusted in my heart after another woman, which is what Jesus called adultery. That being said, I do believe God gives a fresh start to those that repent. I think God is more interested in setting us free from a sin nature than how we sin differently from one another. Where I would differ from the teaching of TLWF is that I think divorce is something to be repented of, not the pathway to the kingdom. Anyone who has experienced a divorce would never wish it on anyone - it is so destructive, especially to the kids. It is a lot of work learning to open your heart and trust again. I'm very grateful for my wife and the wonderful blessing she is to my life. I also have much more compassion for those who have gone through a similar experience. It seems religion wants to condemn, while God wants to restore - e.g. the woman caught in adultery that was brought to Jesus.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.