Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Invisible ()
Date: May 06, 2017 05:00AM

Kilboy wrote:

LILY ROSE:

Many years ago a couple of active members in TLW caught me filling up my 80 gallon trash can with 3+ decades of ThisWeeks, cassettes, CD's, and LW Volumes. Their outrage and incredulousness was met with a smile and no comment, as they started to rifle through it as fast as I could dump it in. Most of it ended up being offloaded and hauled home to buttress up their valuable collection.

It was a WONDERFUL DAY in the neighborhood.
-----------------------
Kilboy

I can relate to your personal joy in part of what you wrote - because - I can remember many times that I experienced such great relief, even a quiet joy - when I unloaded things I was un-necessarily carrying around with me, in my mind and soul, which was related to a heavy load of responsibility - I had believed for many years - that I had to carry - in order to be faithful to the Lord. My life in many ways has come to be so much easier - - since I came out and from under a yoke, that I realized and have continued to learn - was or is not HIS yoke.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and My load is light.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: May 06, 2017 05:07AM

Too funny k-Boy. I bet their kids were embarrassed. My mom used to dumpster dive. She would bring home old magazines the neighbors had tossed. We had a few MD's in the neighborhood and she said she did it for the medical journals. I was so embarrassed.

NickleandDimed-I also don't fully understand what was going on at Shiloh other than BenThar said it was chaos. 40 yearsin 2016 once posted that JRS was screwing over some of the ministries, Bickhart (Mr. Shiloh) was canned, and I recall Larry Bobo posting his father was excommunicated for opposing the death to the nephilim intercession. Anyone have any insights?

Posted by: NickleandDimed ()
Date: May 06, 2017 06:07AM

k-Boy lol, lily, Invisible, I hear ya. Dump my box that I never look at anyway. Lighten the load.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: May 06, 2017 06:50AM

kBOY, k-Boy, kilboy, kilroy --- Razor’s Edge moment.

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: May 06, 2017 08:20AM

If you have a box of This Weeks or tapes in your garage, I also highly recommend that you dump them. Burn it, shred it, or throw it all in a septic pond somewhere. It is great therapy. It will help you recover and break your bond with the Living Word.

I don't believe in passing it on. Do a favor to Humanity. Destroy the rat poison.

Posted by: BenTHare ()
Date: May 06, 2017 08:33AM

This Weeks - dumping
I remember when I started unloading almost 9 years of "This Weeks". I was beginning to come to grips with the Walk and my life. They were not going together very well. At first, it felt like a betrayal, but shortly thereafter, LIBERATION. I had become a slave to them(This Weeks) to the point of ignoring almost everything else in my life, including my Bible. In the early days of my WALK experience, I would often skip eating, so that I could get to church early and get my THIS WEEK. For a short time the TRUMPETER was published and arrived with THIS WEEKS, giving updated information of prayer requests from around the globe. I was just as obsessed with that publication. ...ha... Looking back, it all seems kind of silly now.:) I do believe, at this point, I was beginning to admit, I was in something that just wasn't right.

After gaining that milestone, I began to toss the tapes. I saved a few to record over. More LIBERATION.
I was able to sell the SOP manuals for about 10% of what I paid for them. That too, was LIBERATING. I got strange looks and a scolding from people still in TLW, but it did not really affect me. LIBERATION

I have wrestled over the truths, half-truths, partial-truths, and outright lies I picked-up during my time in the Walk. I am now older, wiser, and have a better perspective ........looking back. For me, it was just a journey. Invigorating, painful, and difficult.....but just a journey.

During my time at Shiloh, I spent quite a bit of time in the library, dedicated to the SOP. Now, I wish I had that time back. I know I needed to go through all of that, to come to the fullness of my conclusions, and make my plan to leave, purge, and renew. It is important to note, that I experienced a whole host of emotions, including anger, bitterness, grief, and joy - during my departure process. I found more LIBERATION when I admitted it to myself.

Date: May 06, 2017 09:02AM

MATTRESS ROOM- One thing for certain, people at Shiloh were people. That room was well used. I even used it a couple times myself, for prayer. I guess I believed it had the HOLY JIM CANYON atmosphere. To this day, I am not sure why I thought it was a better place than others. And yes, it was discouraged and forbidden.

During the period of confusion.........
The pastor (Holbrook) from Reynoldsburg, OH made a visit (I think his last) to Shiloh. During that visit, he discovered a couple having intimate moments in a car. The mattress room was closely watched for a few weeks after that event. From that moment on, the room then seemed to have a stigma, all of its own.

Posted by: 40yearsin2016 ()
Date: May 07, 2017 12:27AM

Had a moment this week, visiting with some very old friends (not from the church), found myself saying out loud to them, "yeah I was part of that cult" First time I've ever used the "c" word and that admission out loud in public. A mill stone dropped from my shoulders, for me personally a Milestone. Thanks all, your input has got me this far.

Date: May 07, 2017 01:56AM

40yearsin2016 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Had a moment this week, visiting with some very
> old friends (not from the church), found myself
> saying out loud to them, "yeah I was part of that
> cult" First time I've ever used the "c" word and
> that admission out loud in public. A mill stone
> dropped from my shoulders, for me personally a
> Milestone. Thanks all, your input has got me this
> far.

CONGRATULATIONS !! I believe that you will thank yourself many times, for taking that step.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: May 07, 2017 03:53AM

40yearsin2016:

I have openly confessed to being in a cult to dozens of people over the years, some of whom I barely knew. It would always somehow come up as a random tangent in wherever the conversation was heading. You may find it become second-nature after a while, like a resume enhancement--especially if you turned out to be fairly 'normal'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2017 03:54AM by kBOY.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.