Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: November 20, 2016 03:31AM

changedagain wrote in part: “You simply cannot be a ministry in good standing within TLWF unless you consistently demonstrate your allegiance to those "above" you. What a miserable grind!”
-------------
A miserable grind for everyone in a top down structure. Thank God Jesus has the integrity to use the term "friends" (John 15:15), validating a much better way to relate. Any church that can’t function primarily on friendship is substandard, depriving its congregants from heaven’s best relationship.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 20, 2016 03:36AM

heshealing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Who corrected Marilyn? Who was she accountable to?

Did she die because she was not correctable?

From all I've read here, no one corrected her when
it came to abusing tlwf ppl. And it would appear
that she answered to no one on earth.

So I guess He'd had enough of that, and let the
cancer run its course.

The claim is that John died becuz of disobedience.
Did Marilyn die because of her disobedience? And
what will happen with GH if He gets tired of
seeing him continue in his disobedience?

Yesterday was M's birthday. The outpouring of
idolatrous love for her was about the most
sickening thing I've seen in a long time.

"Little children, keep yourselves from idols."
Indeed

I don't recall John teaching about leadership accountability maybe because it really was the elephant in the room. Now, out of the cult, I see it as another red flag missed, a sign that something was/is wrong here. Lack of accountability: Financial exploitation and no financial transparency, spiritual abuse, mind control, false prophesies, false gospels, false teachers, false prophets, idolatry, hierarchical caste system, damage control, cover ups, alcohol abuse, cult of personality and leader worship, narcissism and the list goes on. Isn't this an indication of a lack of accountability and all of the bad fruits coming out of the LW.

I don't know if God was behind the cancers, but I like to think that God would not allow his creation to reach a point where John's, Marilyn's or Gary's creative powers function equivalent to His own.

changedagain Wrote:

I wasn't aware that he (John) identified his own daughters as Nephilim.

If I misquoted you Larry, plz respond in your next post.

Date: November 20, 2016 03:57AM

changedagain Wrote:
> kBOY Wrote:
>
> > "So, let’s believe that this oneness that God
> > has brought us into will continue to spread."
> > (The CDC should be notified
> > immediately.)

> >
> > "This oneness is huge in what God is doing in
> the
> > earth today in bringing forth His Kingdom."
> > (It is so huge it is all over the
> > news.)

>
> For the sake of the innocent, anything that can be
> done to contain this virus of "oneness" should be
> done. We can not allow it to become too huge.

If kBoy and changed could have a do over, I think they could have been writers on SNL.

Posted by: TheSarge ()
Date: November 20, 2016 07:24PM

From reading all this on mind control, hypnotic worship, and ministerial oppression for power and wealth, I see how the continued deep-seeded damage for some who have been out for 20, 30 years is completely valid. Why? I figured it out. Jesus!

Think about it! He started the first effective cult. He convinced first a handful, then a hoard, then the Pharisees, then the Romans that he had a "relationship" with God, the only god. Mind control started when his mother convinced people she was impregnated by God. He said he had been fasting 40 days in the desert to be tested by Satan. Who saw him? Then he quoted Scriptures from tge Torah to his handful of followers saying he was the fulfillment of. They believed it! He did "healings" that gave him street cred and his followers swelled. Loaves and fishes? Sermons on the mount? More brainwashing! Rumors spread. He tossed tables, stood up to the Pharisees, he gets arrested. Once he is crucified, his followers say he was resurrected! They are now in control of the following. They say anything, including Jesus annointed them to lead, snd they're in cintrol. They splinter into sub groups. Then the Roman Jew Saul gets into the mix. He says he's blinded by God, is healed, and is now Paul. Peter knows he's a fraud, so Paul ministers to nob-Jews who know nothing of Judaism or Christ. He can aay and do anything!

This cult becomes a religion! The best con ever! It's lasted 2,000 years and is stronger than ever. Catholicism, Protestantism, then major cults like Mormanism, Jehovah Witnesses, then minor benign cults. And they learned their techniques and actions fron the most effective cult leader: Jesus. The came up wuth Satan and his minions possessing people, said Judas was a traitor because he questioned the cult teaching, he told disciples they had ti forsaked family and belongings to be with him, etc. John learned from the best. Gary and Marilyn learned from the disciples -- how to perpetuate the myth.

Date: November 20, 2016 07:51PM

Lily Rose, I heard Mary was disbarred due to unethical acts.

Date: November 20, 2016 08:29PM

I have a question. I understand why many posters use aliases. I see we use the nsmes of ApCo, G&M, and John Stevens to all them out for the abuse done to us and the body. But when it comes to lcal ministries and their spouses, why aren't their names used? Inuendos are made, but no accountabilities. It pushes the sane buttins to me when things were alluded to by my shepherds but I wasn't anointed enough to know facts. I'm just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2016 08:46PM by TheSarge.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 20, 2016 08:47PM

HEADBANGER NEWS: Malignant Growth

"Growing The Body Of Christ In Oneness"

November 19, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

"The fruit of the gift ministries is not to see a few individuals minister (or mostly one, in this case); rather, their anointing (or obvious lack thereof) must bring a many-membered Body of Christ to a place of oneness and maturity (which has yet to manifest in over half a century) so the Body moves in a ministry to the world."

"The people of the Cathedral of Praise are on the brink of changing the landscape of Christianity." (No false hope there.)

"The first step is for you to pray for a revelation of where He has placed you in the Body (or where you stand in the pecking order of the organizational hierarchy)."

"He places every member in the Body as it pleases Him (or wherever brown-nosing the leadership has gotten you)."

"When you receive that revelation, then commit with all your heart, in love and in faith, to function as a member of that Body." (Drink the entire pitcher of Kool-Aid.)

"In that place where He (the leadership) sets you, you will mature and grow in His glory . . . (with the leadership reaping the benefits of all your sacrifice)."

"The flow of oneness (brown-nosing) will grow until every member of this fellowship carries Christ’s glory (while enriching the leadership) and imparts it to the worldwide Body of Christ." (Call the CDC immediately.)

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: November 21, 2016 12:33AM

TheSarge, your description of the formation of cults resonates. I would add that pretty much every single generation since biblical times believed they were in the "End Times", and we ain't seen nuthin yet. (And won't...either)

Add to that the text we recognize as The Holy Scriptures was slowly assembled over a period of a couple hundred years by a group of theocrat politicians who had a very specific aim. They recognized that there was a new kid on the block with the potential of political and religious exploitation and wanted to be sure to manipulate that group toward their own best interests. Over a period of two thousand years or so, one would have to say they've done a pretty good job.

The pious continue to wait for an event that never comes, offer up hard-earned money to people who don't deserve it, and believe in miracles no one sees except those doing the fleecing. But at least we can comfort ourselves knowing that Gary has the magical talent of being able to hear the pearls that Marilyn sees fit to share with the faithful from the Great Beyond.

Yikes! I must have woken up in a cranky mood.

Posted by: TheJewel ()
Date: November 21, 2016 01:02AM

TheSarge Wrote:
> From reading all this on mind control, hypnotic
> worship, and ministerial oppression for power and
> wealth, I see how the continued deep-seeded
> damage for some who have been out for 20, 30 years
> is completely valid. Why? I figured it out.
> Jesus!
>
> Think about it! He started the first effective
> cult. He convinced first a handful, then a hoard,
> then the Pharisees, then the Romans that he had a
> "relationship" with God, the only god. Mind
> control started when his mother convinced people
> she was impregnated by God. He said he had been
> fasting 40 days in the desert to be tested by
> Satan. Who saw him? Then he quoted Scriptures
> from tge Torah to his handful of followers saying
> he was the fulfillment of. They believed it! He
> did "healings" that gave him street cred and his
> followers swelled. Loaves and fishes? Sermons on
> the mount? More brainwashing! Rumors spread. He
> tossed tables, stood up to the Pharisees, he gets
> arrested. Once he is crucified, his followers say
> he was resurrected! They are now in control of
> the following. They say anything, including Jesus
> annointed them to lead, snd they're in cintrol.
> They splinter into sub groups. Then the Roman Jew
> Saul gets into the mix. He says he's blinded by
> God, is healed, and is now Paul. Peter knows he's
> a fraud, so Paul ministers to nob-Jews who know
> nothing of Judaism or Christ. He can aay and do
> anything!
>
> This cult becomes a religion! The best con ever!
> It's lasted 2,000 years and is stronger than ever.
> Catholicism, Protestantism, then major cults like
> Mormanism, Jehovah Witnesses, then minor benign
> cults. And they learned their techniques and
> actions fron the most effective cult leader:
> Jesus. The came up wuth Satan and his minions
> possessing people, said Judas was a traitor
> because he questioned the cult teaching, he told
> disciples they had ti forsaked family and
> belongings to be with him, etc. John learned from
> the best. Gary and Marilyn learned from the
> disciples -- how to perpetuate the myth.

Good post, I have been thinking along these lines for some time. Particularly with regards to the documentation and its questionable authenticity. How could the god that created the universe be limited to communicate with his creation via 2000 year old documents without tractable provenance.

Date: November 21, 2016 04:51AM

The Sarge.....interesting observation. It's all about the spin. I think a lot of manipulators model their techniques after Jesus knowing they can reap a benefit for themselves. A good friend was into "The Course on Miracles" which teaches the principle of the gospel of love, but the author isn't a Christian and encourages "channeling" of the author who supposedly channels Jesus. Quite a spin job and the author has made a lot of money off of her books, lectures, etc. The danger is coercive persuasion is subtle and cult leaders don't present themselves as a mind control system that will benefit themselves emotionally or financially. Jesus once didn't sleep for 40 days or nights and once expressed disappointment that His disciples fell asleep while praying for him and cult leaders often spin that into using sleep deprivation as a technique to gain control. Jesus never recommended sleep deprivation. IMO the LW was/is masterful in the use of coercive persuasion through their spin on worship (reportedly sometimes lasting 3 hours) and twisting and spinning of the scriptures into a system of idolatry. Be wise as serpents.

Thanks for the update on Mary. She was one of the Blix girls whom I thought didn't become a 100% JRS clone (although she served him well.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.