-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you, lily rose, I just finished the book and
> I found it well done, it covered much I have
> witnessed first hand and he brought up the same
> concerns I have had but in many I just knew
> something was off but could not define what it
> was. Part of the reason I couldn't was my own lack
> in knowing the Word well enough, and partly
> because I couldn't stand to watch or listen to it.
> I', speaking mostly from what was on TV. I have
> not had a lot of input from first hand
> observation, living in very rural areas mostly
> until recently relocating to NY. where my daughter
> is, quite a change!
> I lived through the Charismatic years right after
> becoming Spirit Filled, had been living on Bob
> Mumford, Derek prince cassettes until going to a
> service in Terrebon, OR.and they were doing all
> the things we had been hearing about on the
> cassettes. That was how we came to join the Walk.

------------------------------------------
Good to hear from you again. Actually it was my mistake. "Anointing or Apostasy" was by Graves. Not everyone is interested in the scholarly critiques of the Latter Rain (although some say it has helped them). When I joined the Walk I had no knowledge about Charismatics or that JRS come out of Pentecostalism. I though everything he said was a brand new revelation from God and we were the only church getting this straight from the horses mouth. It has only been in the last few years after reading books like "Anointing or Apostasy" and others that I realized I/we was/were duped. However, I think others like yourself came to the Walk from a Charismatic background and others have shared that when they exited the LW they returned to Charismatic Churches. Please continue to share your story and thoughts about the Nichols book when you finish.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 14, 2016 04:06AM

kBOY Wrote:
> HEADBANGER NEWS: Trickle-Down Religion
>
> "Let's Pray for Our Leaders"

> November 6, 2016
>
> [www.churchofthelivingword.com]-
> pray-for-our-leaders/
>
> "You mature faster (i.e. encourage perpetual
> dependency)
when you turn your focus from
> yourself and pray for those who are fathers and
> mothers over you in the Lord."
>
> --------------------------------------------------

Huh-uh don't pray for terrible mothers and fathers. Pray that God will give you shepherds after his own heart Jer3:15. This probably won't happen in TLWF. True shepherds are not Nazis. The mark of a true shepherd's heart is affection, unselfish love, compassion, and intercession for the congregation.

Posted by: Sagehen ()
Date: November 14, 2016 05:52AM

Since reading the posts here somethings have come to mind that I have not thought about for years.When we first began in the LW I remember my late husband mention that it was believed in the group teachings that a person could be saved simply by the "laying on of hands", that is likely why there were so many of the young ones taking positions of leadership showed no fruit of the Spirit.
We were both saved just a few years earlier but most of our church experience was a little, Assembly of God but basically Baptist where we we under an excellent pastoral team for about 6 years. We moved to the CA desert in Needles and there a group of us started meeting together from several churches seeking to become Spirit filled. That was in '65-1972 when job opportunity brought my family to K Falls where we very soon visited a LW church in Terrebone Gordon Shaw was pastor and RD and Glen Oswald were some of the ones along with Forbes's that ministered to or group, about 6 families.
We were both avid readers and had a very good library of books from Word Book Club at the time and other books we bought at Christian book stores. We too had never heard teaching about Latter Rain, only what Mumford and Prince were teaching about church order. We too were drawn in because of the close fellowship taught, and the worship. It has been the closeness with the members that I have had the hardest time getting past. I have really missed the people we knew back then. We were just like a family to on another. That of course would change when some of us were sent to WY that was in '75.

Date: November 14, 2016 06:00AM

changedagain Wrote:
> > "That’s how we’ll see breakthroughs come,
> first for
> > our apostolic company and then for every member
> of the
> > Body of Christ
>
> Who still remains from the apostolic company
> formed after John's death? Rick and Gary? Are
> there others?

Curly, Moe, Larry (not Bobo), and the Donald?

Scrap that bad joke.I know you were looking for a serious answer. Wasn't John Miller once part of APCO? Surely some of the 4th generation will qualify as it seems G still follows John's faulty revelation that the keys to the Kingdom lies with them.

Posted by: Sagehen ()
Date: November 14, 2016 06:10AM

Since reading the posts here somethings have come to mind that I have not thought about for years.When we first began in the LW I remember my late husband mention that it was believed in the group teachings that a person could be saved simply by the "laying on of hands", that is likely why there were so many of the young ones taking positions of leadership showed no fruit of the Spirit.
We were both saved just a few years earlier but most of our church experience was a little, Assembly of God but basically Baptist where we we under an excellent pastoral team for about 6 years. We moved to the CA desert in Needles and there a group of us started meeting together from several churches seeking to become Spirit filled. That was in '65-1972 when job opportunity brought my family to K Falls where we very soon visited a LW church in Terrebone Gordon Shaw was pastor and RD and Glen Oswald were some of the ones along with Forbes's that ministered to or group, about 6 families.
We were both avid readers and had a very good library of books from Word Book Club at the time and other books we bought at Christian book stores. We too had never heard teaching about Latter Rain, only what Mumford and Prince were teaching about church order. We too were drawn in because of the close fellowship taught, and the worship. It has been the closeness with the members that I have had the hardest time getting past. I have really missed the people we knew back then. We were just like a family to on another. That of course would change when some of us were sent to WY that was in '75.
We were told to not read other books, get ride of what we had, records too since they were not good.we were made to feel really silly if we even mentioned another source. This came from Shaw not what we heard on tapes so we thought it was just Shaw.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 14, 2016 09:33AM

HEADBANGER NEWS: Stealing Candy From a Baby

"Rekindle Your Childlike Faith"
November 13, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

"In the first service John Stevens attended after the Lord gave him a vision of the Kingdom, he spoke of childlike faith." (The setup for being duped.)

"The vision (i.e. hallucination) projected John into the future and in it God showed what He was going to do and what was going to happen to us as a people." (He must have left out all the devastation parts.)

"God gave the vision to John (or so it is claimed) and it has become our vision and experience." (One will have to speak for oneself.)

"With childlike faith we reach up and say, 'Father, reveal Yourself, bathe me in Your presence, and give me a revelation of Your love.'” (That would be a first for TLW leadership.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2016 10:02AM by kBOY.

Date: November 14, 2016 09:45AM

Sagehen I believe Forbes wife passed a few months ago. I think in the smaller churches being told not to read other sources was more easily enforced than in the Valley so I knew members who shared what they read in other sources....but as I recall the sources were Charismatic and nothing that would have made us question the LW teaching. However, I do have a memory of being in a small health food kind of establishment and it had a piano and one of the female members was belting out a country western song (maybe "Crazy" or "Stand By Your Man"). We were eating tortillas that were made like the American Indians made them with ash (weird but really tasty). And I clearly remember John Swanson (kind of looked like a young Robert Redford) was reading a religious book called "Are You Confused?" Gotta love it. I share what you said about missing folks and I think those connections can stay with us a long time. Anyway, just wanted to let you know about Dotty.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 14, 2016 10:02AM

HEADBANGER NEWS: The Blind Leading the Blind

"Now, The Vision Belongs To Us"

November 13, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

"When John Stevens received a vision (hallucination) of the Kingdom in 1972, he noticed two things. One, the people who survived, (those still held captive under TLW leadership) who were not under deception (no, they were very much under deception), were a prophetic community guided by the Holy Spirit (without a vision and subject to TLW leadership)."

"And two, those people had a family spirit (except those who were unceremoniously run out of the fellowship)."

"That vision changed John’s life and ministry, and from that time on he began to create prophets (sycophants)."

"Now we ask the Lord to give each of us that same vision (hallucination); we want it to be our vision as well." (God forbid.)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 14, 2016 11:16AM

lily rose Wrote:
> changedagain Wrote:
> > Who still remains from the apostolic company
> > formed after John's death? Rick and Gary? Are
> > there others?

Curly, Moe, Larry (not Bobo), and the Donald?

Totally forgot about Curly. Thanks for refreshing my memory of his powerful ministry!

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 14, 2016 11:20AM

kBOY Wrote:

> "Now, The Vision Belongs To Us"[/b]
> November 13, 2016
>
> [www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]-
> the-vision-belongs-to-you/
>
> "When John Stevens received a vision
> (hallucination) of the Kingdom in
> 1972, he noticed two things. One, the people who
> survived, (those still held captive under
> TLW leadership)
who were not under
> deception (no, they were very much under
> deception)
, were a prophetic community
> guided by the Holy Spirit (without a vision
> and subject to TLW leadership)
."
>
> "And two, those people had a family spirit
> (except those who were unceremoniously run
> out of the fellowship)
."
>
> "That vision changed John’s life and ministry,
> and from that time on he began to create prophets
> (sycophants)."

Yes, an event that never happened changed John's life and ministry. Did it facilitate his gift of fabrication? :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.