Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: November 22, 2016 12:31AM

LampShmamp Wrote:

> Now we wonder why it took so long to employ the
> logic required to dismiss those contradictory and
> irrational beliefs. Oh, the kingdom, the kingdom!
> Walk erect into it! Healings and other miracles,
> speaking in jibberish, prophecies, words from god,
> blessing with palms, cursing with thumbs, the
> anointing, the enemy, warfare, auras, Babylon,
> speaking things into existence, singing in the
> spirit, the cloud of witnesses, submitting to
> ministry, on and on. All of it false, but
> associated with some good feelings we could not
> part with easily.

I think the first thing the "living word" attempts to decimate is the rational mind (i.e carnal mind). It would be interesting to see how many times John made reference to the religious leaders (Pharisees, Sadducees) of Jesus's day...and their inability to receive what God was doing because of their hard hearts...daring to question whom God had sent. This persistent pounding from the pulpit served to spook people from even considering that even some of the most ludicrous things said/done by leadership was nuts. BTW, think if there was video footage of some of our most rabid services of the 70's--and it was released to the public--it would draw immense (huge) interest...dwarfing most reality shows. People, whether they want to admit or not, tend to enjoy watching train wrecks. And, no, this not an excuse to segue into discussing the recent presidential campaign.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: November 22, 2016 01:30AM

A few references to assist the congregation in forgoing rational thinking:
--In the Garden: "Hath God Said?" (the serpent opening the door for disobedience)
--Pharisees & Sadducees--always questioning God's work because of the hardness of their hearts. Reasoning associated with an evil heart.
--Doubting Thomas--showing a lack of faith by asking for evidence of the resurrection

etc etc etc

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: November 22, 2016 06:54AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A few references to assist the congregation in
> forgoing rational thinking:
> --In the Garden: "Hath God Said?" (the serpent
> opening the door for disobedience)
> --Pharisees & Sadducees--always questioning God's
> work because of the hardness of their hearts.
> Reasoning associated with an evil heart.
> --Doubting Thomas--showing a lack of faith by
> asking for evidence of the resurrection
>
> etc etc etc

Some of the psych stuff I have been reading in response to recent events is that we tend to make most political, ethical and religious judgments intuitively by gut feeling. And that we are all a little analytical and a little intuitive and most of us more intuitive than rational although we use both modes but in different proportions. I would suggest that LW speak about getting a revelation of John or Marilyn is nothing more than a gut feeling. Perhaps rational thinking is a cherished ideal and overrated. I tend to have at least one juicy irrationalization per day. Jewel's comment about how we are wired and that someone who appears cultish could be elected seems to fit with some of the research. I think when you leave the LW and start to sort it out, you become more analytical but at the same time you still may have gut feelings about John and G&M. Maybe the scientific=rational=good vs religious=irrational=bad is just to simplistic.

Date: November 23, 2016 10:02AM

changedagain Wrote:
I think the first thing the "living word" attempts
to decimate is the rational mind (i.e carnal
mind). It would be interesting to see how many
times John made reference to the religious leaders
(Pharisees, Sadducees) of Jesus's day...and their
inability to receive what God was doing because of
their hard hearts...daring to question whom God
had sent. Reasoning associated with an evil heart. This persistent pounding from the pulpit served to spook people from even considering that
even some of the most ludicrous things said/done
by leadership was nuts.

Larry Bobo recently posted examples of how the LW cherry picked scriptures out of context to further their agenda of controlling the members. Your insights on how the LW "attempts to decimate the rational mind" through cherry picking scriptures that "assist the congregation in forgoing rational thinking" got me thinking did Jesus encourage irrational faith? I searched two words, Jesus and rationality, and immediately popped up the follow article. [www.equip.org]

Scroll down to the section "Did Jesus Demean Rationality?" If you read on, it will become clear that Jesus encouraged questioning and rational thinking. The LW cherry picked scriptures you cited that were pounded from the pulpit is another example of an egregious manipulation to further the agenda to control the members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2016 10:03AM by lily rose.

Date: November 25, 2016 02:00AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Appreciate the discussion we've had here the past year.
Also there's no mandatory work day at my home today--so just enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Date: November 25, 2016 09:36AM

Senor changedagain, muchas gracias por los comentarious, en especial por su tenacidad!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 26, 2016 07:40AM

HEADBANGER NEWS: The Man in the High Tower

"God’s Kingdom, or the Kingdoms of This World"

November 20th, 2016

"As those whose citizenship is in heaven, our allegiance must be to God’s Kingdom (TLW leadership), not to any particular political party.

"Forget politics; the prime cause of division in America is the activity of unseen principalities and powers (hiding behind every fire hydrant)."

"The Lord has given us the opportunity as voters to change things, but prayer is more effective." (WHOOPS! Maybe neither votes nor prayers were effective this time--unless of course one happens to lean a certain direction.)

"Regardless of the person placed in political office (who might that be?), our prayer can cause God to move and bring about His will." (A challenge not even God is looking forward to.)

". . . we can influence this nation by our prophetic proclamation (which has worked so well in the past)."

"One prophet voicing the will of God can be a greater force in bringing things to a divine resolution than all the armies of the world." (First JRS, then the G-man, and still no end to conflict.)

"At this time, it’s important that we be emissaries of kindness and unity (something never attempted by TLW)."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2016 07:43AM by kBOY.

Date: November 26, 2016 01:25PM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HEADBANGER NEWS: The Man in the High
> Tower

>
> "God’s Kingdom, or the Kingdoms of This
> World"

> November 20th, 2016
>
>> "One PROPHET voicing the will of God can be a
> greater force in bringing things to a divine
> resolution than all the armies of the world."
> (First JRS, then the G-man, and still no end
> to conflict.)

I'm thinking... "No Country for Old Prophets" as a sequel to "Vain Glory."

Posted by: puddington ()
Date: November 26, 2016 07:41PM

"Forget politics; the prime cause of division in America is the activity of unseen principalities and powers"

WAIT ???!!! I thought Brother Stevens took Satan down when he died? That's what I was told in 1983.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: November 27, 2016 12:08AM

Satan apparently rose from the dead, unlike JRS.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.