Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 11, 2016 07:55PM

BREAKING NEWS: Hands UP!

"Worship That Transcends Faith"

August 10, 2016

[www.haleokaula.org]

"God is looking for us to be His worshippers, but we don’t do anything without discipline." (The old bait and switch.)

"We must set our will on God and discipline ourselves to pray and worship." (Sounds like an awesome relationship.)

We invite the Holy Spirit to enable us so that it is not just a mechanical ritual." (As in a pattern without His presence?)

(1 Timothy 2:8) “Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.” (Dissension in the family that will rule and reign?)

If we are distracted by dissension, our worship will not be an acceptable offering to the Lord. (God in the sky--acceptable; God in man--not so much.)

We must learn how to forgive our brothers and enter into this pure worship with no division or dissension. (Sounds like trouble in River City.)

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 11, 2016 08:52PM

I've got my hands up. I promise I won't cause any more dissension!
(please disregard this post)

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: August 12, 2016 02:02AM

I’ve mentioned this before, but I think it is important to understand that worship is not a song service, but how we live our lives. Paul said in Romans 12:1-2 MSG “1-2 So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.”

The trance-like state, where singing “in the spirit” is done without the mind being engaged, is the perfect mechanic for introducing hypnotic suggestions that bypass the normal defenses that an otherwise intelligent individual would have. It’s not even real worship. Those new levels of altered consciousness have nothing to do with following Jesus’ commands and are not evidence of deeper spirituality. They are evidence that you are being brainwashed and are confusing that altered consciousness with the presence of God.

In that atmosphere (“The Pure Atmosphere”) someone can tell you that if you obey them as the representative of God, you will overcome death – and you will accept it without question and not even realize why. Now obviously they do not have power over death because they are still dying. What makes you think they can give resurrection life to you if you obey them? You could hear that David Koresh is also “Christ in the flesh” and is coming back from the dead – and some still do after all that happened – and it would be foolishness to you because he is not in your special group. Most people would honestly feel sorry for people trapped in that kind of deception. Yet when you are isolated from other Christians, you can be programmed to think the same thing about John and be convinced it is actually a revelation from God that gives you a superior position over other Christians. Meanwhile, you are still dying and your wallet is getting lighter, just like with every other false teacher. TLWF is not unique nor are the mechanics used to manipulate people.

Those, like myself, that suggest such revolutionary ideas as read what Jesus said and do it, are branded as the enemy in various forms, and slandered because we are no longer under the control of those who want to own God’s people for their own purposes – not God’s. The real value to any leader is that they point you to Jesus –the only one that can give you a nature change anyway. (I tend to prefer Jesus’ teaching – “Call no man leader”) The only significance that John, or anyone else ever had, comes from Jesus, not the other way around. “What do we have that we did not receive and why do we boast as though we had not received it?”

Most religious cult leaders have a special name they’ve come up with for themselves and a self-created messianic assignment to save the world from some doomsday, utilizing fear as a motivator. Now TLWF’s history has to be rewritten, like many others, because of all of John’s failed prophesies or there will be loss of control over the membership. Normal Christians just say, “It didn’t happen therefore it was not God.” – but, they don’t have as a goal to control others.

TLWF is certainly not the first one to have failed prophesies, including dates. Skilled deceivers say “The end is near.‘- instead of giving actual dates where they can be proved wrong - like 1979. Many other groups also have people that continue to follow failed prophesies in spite of the facts that would say otherwise. Brains are just checked at the door and they simply follow a good feeling along with a lot of good people. In case you haven’t noticed, in spite of resurrection life both John and Marilyn are dead. Jesus, on the other hand is doing just fine - unless you are assuming Gary is Jesus - and then he's having a bit of a rough time that could lead to fantasizing about talking to the dead. We are to worship God, not the prophet. A false prophet will take what belongs to God and direct it to themselves. Gary is still attempting to deceive by saying that John and Marilyn are directing from the other side of the veil - suggesting death didn’t impact their self-appointed titles and he as their spokesperson, still has control over your life. If you get out of the isolation of TLWF and connected to the rest of the body of Christ, the bubble of deception will burst and it will appear no different than David Koresh leading the kingdom of God from the other side of the veil - embarassing!

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 12, 2016 02:14AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BREAKING NEWS: Hands UP!
>
> "Worship That Transcends Faith"

> August 10, 2016
>
> [www.haleokaula.org]
> ds-faith/
>
> "God is looking for us to be His worshippers, but
> we don’t do anything without discipline."
> (The old bait and switch.) We've come up with water boarding.
>
> "We must set our will on God and discipline
> ourselves to pray and worship." (Sounds like
> an awesome relationship.) 24/7 without ceasing and a bottle of Jim Beam.
>
> We invite the Holy Spirit to enable us so that it
> is not just a mechanical ritual." (As in a
> pattern without His presence?) And with a bottle of Jim Beam .
>
> (1 Timothy 2:8) “Therefore I want the men in
> every place to pray, lifting up holy hands,
> without wrath and dissension.” (Dissension
> in the family that will rule and reign?) We've changed into the Corleone family.

> We must learn how to forgive our brothers and
> enter into this pure worship with no division or
> dissension. (Sounds like trouble in River
> City.) Yes, with a capital T and it rhymes with TREASON.

changedagain Wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------------

> I've got my hands up. I promise I won't cause anymore dissention! Cute....forget it, you have no rights and there's no more higher confirmation. One year of water boarding.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 12, 2016 04:49AM

It all comes together so perfectly and seemingly by accident and your wit. Thanks lily rose ------- makes my day.

Date: August 12, 2016 09:32AM

Note: We have our disagreements on this board, but for the most part we function (I think) without wrath or dissension.
In fact, I'm now considering asking God that at least a few of you get the opportunity to rule and reign--whether it's in your heart, or not.

Date: August 12, 2016 11:30PM

Rule, Reign, Wrath & Dissension
I think this would be a superb name for an end time Metal band.
Note: if I was part of the group, I would insist on being Dissension--arguing for hours on end until everyone agreed.

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 13, 2016 01:20AM

Larry, I remember on Fact Net so many posters commented that they missed the worship. JRS made it out as though we could enter the Holy of Holies. It really was a mystical hook. All this wonderful worship and people raising their hands. It looked like everyone was really knowing God but that wasn't the case at all.

Thanks FCSLC, I was drinking my morning Joe while looking at the morning posts and it was as if the stars started to line up. Seldom happens to me.

changedagain, plz (hint) put a word in for me: Bonzai Pipeline. BTW, I would be the singer Reign in your band and I would be fair and just.

Date: August 13, 2016 02:19AM

larry bobo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The trance-like state, where singing “in the
> spirit” is done without the mind being engaged,
> is the perfect mechanic for introducing hypnotic
> suggestions that bypass the normal defenses that
> an otherwise intelligent individual would have.

So true. It makes it much easier for people's minds to be hijacked by unscrupulous leaders. I imagine just about everyone contributing to the conversation here have both witnessed this and experienced it personally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.