>
>
>
> "Everything God is and does, even in judgment, is
> a manifestation of His goodness." (Please
> hit us one more time . . .)

>
>________________________________________________________

I'll take God's judgments a manifestation of His goodness for $1000, Alex.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: August 09, 2016 05:20AM

lily rose Wrote:
> I'll take God's judgments a manifestation of His
> goodness for $1000, Alex.

Ha

Date: August 09, 2016 05:31AM

> "Everything God is and does, even in judgment, is
> a manifestation of His goodness."

Nothing says 'I love you' more than a good ol' fashioned Living Word beatdown of those ungrateful sheep.
Keep 'em coming!

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: August 09, 2016 05:47AM

It should be pointed out that nothing Jesus taught in the Prodigal Parable or anywhere else ever depicted an image of a judgmental GOD looking for punishment opportunities. Declaring "I lost not one" would cover the bases for that option to never be considered.

The Prodigal Parable clearly points out that our pity-party misadventure will inevitably result in being invited back to the LOVE FEAST.

We can all look forward to eventually joining the festivities, some sooner rather than later.

Party ON!

Date: August 09, 2016 07:22PM

PRODIGAL PARABLE

There once was a son
who thought to have fun
and decided to go
his own way

So he packed up his bag
and saddled the stag
not knowing he would
go astray

Some say his father
could no longer bother
and sent his own son
away

But here is the scoop
he just plain flew the coop
and decided to see
a new day

Some say his trouble
his father did funnel
the result of his great
dismay

But alas it’s not so
it’s the son
don’t you know
who created it on the way

The son now decided
the place he resided
was nothing like where
he called home

But misfortune had bred
a terrible dread
for the guilt
he would have to atone

As he walked up the path
he now saw at last
the place from which
he did roam

And his father was there
with nary a glare
and declared to his son
WELCOME HOME

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 10, 2016 12:17AM

kBOY wrote: LOVE seeks to conquer nothing. It merely TRANSCENDS.

----------------------

True. Feeding your love with the right spiritual diet (Not found in dominion orientated churches) has to be deemed prudent. Closet spirituality and the place of peace/non-duality between thoughts has been recommended by some of the ancients, i.e. Jesus, rishis, sages. The Prodigal Parable provides a good framework (Religious framework) for peacefully explaining our otherwise unexplained existence. The Prodigal Parable is efficient, uncomplicated, neither damning nor demanding------just a transcendent return to LOVE.

Thank You. (It never gets boring when countering all the religious garbage preached to us by TLW).

Date: August 10, 2016 07:52PM

HEADLINE NEWS: The Family That Rules Together Stays Together

"In Family, All The Earth Will Be Blessed"

August 7, 2016

[www.churchofthelivingword.com]

". . . the whole plan of God, has been about family, . . . they would fill the earth, subdue it, and rule over it." (Subduing and ruling have now become family values.)

"In the purest sense, we are not a part of a religion." (Excuse me!?)

"God places us in the Body as it pleases Him." (Based on our adherence to the religion of which we are not a part--financial contributions nowithstanding.)

"We need to be committed to function in the family in which He (TLW leadership) has placed us."

Date: August 10, 2016 10:19PM

The family will fill the earth, subdue it, and rule over it.
Nice...I mean, a little wordy for a bumper sticker, but nice.

p.s. Gary, because it pleases God, will rule the family--which will rule the earth. The future is bright. Be prepared to give like you've never given before!

Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: August 11, 2016 02:53AM

IMHO I think one function of this forum is to help members and prospective members recognize that the LW is a cult. When the LW focuses on the warm and fuzzy message of family, they appear theologically sound and in alignment with scriptures while behind the scenes, their actions and practices remain cult like. We have heard horror stories from members who let the LW leaders gain control over their lives and the lives of their families and we have heard their stories regarding the spiritual abuse. I think it can be the love of God that compels us to warn of the spiritual dangers and I am appreciative of all of you and the frequent flyers on this forum who for many years have been speaking out about what goes on behind the scenes of the LW.

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: August 11, 2016 08:10AM

I remember a special counseling meeting where my wife and I had to appear before the two governing shepherds and their wives in Salt Lake City. The meeting was held in the evening in one of the shepherd’s home basement. We were informed in no uncertain terms that we had no rights at all except that of a higher confirmation. After much heated conflict because of our obvious “rebellion” and unwillingness to cave we were asked, “Are you even in this thing?” I don’t remember answering one way or another. I do remember that it felt like my whole world was caving in. We were hoping John Miller would come to the rescue but that turned out to be false hope as he sided with the chosen church authorities.

After all the years of my own independent religious/philosophical studies and especially the fantastic emotional and doctrinal help provided on this forum by former ‘walkies,’ the almost set in stone, frozen, inner-spiritual scales of release have tipped. Breaking the spell, overthrowing the spiritual hold, erasing the effects of bad laying on of hands, exposing manipulative doctrines of devils used to subjugate the unsuspecting and hoping to grow into a maturity that ensures future spiritual invulnerability has turned out to be not only a lifelong goal, but a necessary life and death goal.

Not to boast, but to support the strong feelings I have for individual liberty, especially in retrospect of the Vietnam War and the draft, my time spent on the gun line in the Gulf of Tonkin for the great cause of individual liberty for all men/women ministers more to me now than ever before; and that which those LW Shepherds tried to impose upon my wife and I so long ago I consider to be treason against the goals of our great nation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.