Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: July 25, 2016 01:39AM

Something I read on the Internet about the con of man (the comments in parenthesis are mine.) The (LW still) claims that Christ returns only when the Church is unified, purged and made perfect (through the LW winepress) but there is no scripture (only the secret knowledge of the founder) to support such a teaching to deal with the illogical nature of that claim that those who happen to be alive when Christ returns must attain to perfection in order to join at the heavenly marriage to the Lamb millions of Christian from past ages who attained to no such perfection at all. Ouch!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: July 25, 2016 02:04AM

That would be Christian theology.

Jesus said, "I go to prepare a place (not here), so that where I AM (not here), you will be there (not here) with me also."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 02:05AM by kBOY.

Date: July 25, 2016 03:39AM

kBOY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of Priscilla, I barely escaped being
> attacked by her two security dobermans that
> continually roamed the premises after I casually
> wandered into the livingroom that was apparently
> off-limits while my boss was discussing the job in
> the kitchen with 'the Colonel', Priscilla's dad.
> When the maid noticed I had 'gone missing', my
> boss hailed me from the kitchen. I was sternly
> notified by the maid that had the dobies found me
> first, it might not have gone well.
>
> Priscilla showed up soon afterward in a jogging
> outfit, and I remember being surprised at how
> short she was. (Everybody looks bigger on
> screen.) Lisa, who was about 12 at the time,
> would spend her entire days hanging out in the
> maids room watching TV. Oh, the lives of the rich
> and famous.
>
>__________________________________________________

Kind of think I may have out done you regarding your brush with celebrity which is why I am posting this (lol). I attended the same college as the actor Michael Douglas and was part of a drama production with him. (He was a senior and I was a freshman.) Michael called me "'kid" (kind of like Bogart, "Here's looking at you kid") because I was only 16 years old (I took a lot of high school summer school credits which qualified me to graduate from high school early to get away from my parents.) During opening night Michael's father Kirk attended and Michael introduced the cast to him. He introduced me as "kid" and Kirk laughed and said to me, "So you want to be an actor?" I lied and said yes. I hated college and didn't return the following year. Michael was pretty nice (this was way before he became famous.) A few years ago I chatted with a woman while jogging at the park. She said she was the niece of Walt Disney (Neph alert) and knew a lot of stars and that she once dated Michael; she described him as passive/aggressive.

BTW, in the play I was cast as a servant and Michael a king which surely prepared me for my next role a few years later in the Walk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2016 04:07AM by lily rose.

Posted by: larry bobo ()
Date: July 25, 2016 04:41AM

lily rose – I appreciate your willingness and hunger to dig deeper like the Bereans, ”to see if these things be so.” It seems any that are willing to question the teaching of Christian cult leaders are branded as heretics and shunned, even when there are obvious discrepancies with the teachings of Jesus. For most, it’s not worth the hassle and they just check out, assuming its all garbage. We often have to wade through the false to get to the prize. The casual seeker doesn’t find the pearl of great price hidden at the bottom of the manure pile.

TLWF has very little value to me now from a doctrinal standpoint (the people of course are wonderful) except to illustrate what not to do. If you secretly want to rule over others, it will feed that evil in you – just like the prosperity gospel does with the greedy. 60+ years is plenty enough time to examine the fruit as Jesus taught. Those that claim to be ruling and reigning with Christ can barely run their own lives, much less the world. They only spend so much time nit picking the lives of others, under the guise of discipleship, so that others will be distracted from the train wreck of their own lives. It’s been my contention from the beginning that those that want to take the place of God should have to submit to each other – at least it would take them out of the loop while they fight over who is the greatest so that they wouldn’t damage so many people’s lives. There are so many groups out there that think they are the greatest and none want to serve the least. They may want to kill Jesus if they actually met him - like their forefathers in religion did.

Jesus taught that unless we were born again, we could not even see the kingdom of God. I think what causes confusion over salvation is that we look at what Jesus taught through the lens of his disciples and then what his disciples taught through the lens of present-day teachers. The greater the number of layers, the easier it is to distort what Jesus said. We should be using what Jesus said to evaluate others, since he is the way, the truth, and the life, instead of following others to try and understand Jesus. His teaching really doesn't need much interpretation to follow - you just have to be born again or it's impossible.

My personal turning point was to discover that my life was in ashes after sincerely following others - and I had done so my whole life. I was finally desperate enough to go back and read the directions for myself. Everything Jesus taught works right now. The Sermon on the Mount gives us the plumb line to discover which things in us are from a new nature and which things are from an old nature. The thieves teach that your life should line up with their twisted scriptures, rather than what Jesus taught – and it produces twisted fruit. If there is no evidence of the fruit of the Spirit, we are headed in the wrong direction. A quick self check is: do we love our enemies? If we do not, its not God's love in us but something else. Food for thought the next time we are calling down fire on those we do not see eye to eye with - which one of the fruits of the Spirit are we about to manifest?

Date: July 25, 2016 06:42AM

HEADLINE NEWS: Family Promises

"Family--The Key To Retaining The Promise Of God"

July 24, 2016

[www.garyandmarilynhargrave.com]

"There is going to be a moment (wait for it) when God pours out His Spirit to bring forth the precious fruit of the earth (whatever that is), but it will not happen until the Church becomes a family (wait for it)."

"Family is the atmosphere that God is waiting for (and will continue to wait for)."

"We give ourselves (like never before, but, what about the previous word?) to becoming a family, and continue to pray and prophesy (like never before) that the whole Body of Christ (or TLW leadership) recognizes the importance of family."

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: July 26, 2016 02:17AM

If Jesus (God) was able to forgive/accept those who murdered/crucified him (major transgression/sin in every sense of the word) then why does TLWF preach that the same God, in a complete reversal, judges people as unacceptable for every little manifested spot or wrinkle (minor blemishes)?? It has to be truly classified as illogical and totally incommensurate.

Date: July 26, 2016 02:26AM

FCSLC:

Many things were done in TLW in spite of LOVE for the sake of the 'pure atmosphere'. When there is a concerted effort to hold everyone in agreement to a specific ideology or program, dissent cannot be tolerated. That is when doctrine trumps LOVE. (My apologies.)

Posted by: FCSLC ()
Date: July 26, 2016 04:11AM

Thanks kBOY. I confirm your spot on explanation. Being a part of an exclusive, restrictive, people destroying ideology/program is not my cup of tea. I’m glad I got out.

Keep it coming!!

Date: July 27, 2016 01:53AM

The LW term pure atmosphere makes me cringe. It's the elitism and self righteous seed of thinking that gave rise to the cultish Third Reich and it reeks of the marginal but radical hate groups such as the Neo-Nazi's and the Ku Klux Klan. Can you imagine how the pure atmosphere was violated by Larry Makuakane when he vowed to sic the Hawaiian Kahuna's on JRS after being booted out. I'd like to give a "shout out" to all the anti-cult dissenters whether you went out quietly or with a bang.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: July 28, 2016 10:05AM

kBOY Wrote:

> "God Has Formed You Into A People"[/b]
> July 23, 2016
>
> [www.livingwordpalmerlake.org]
> s-formed-you-into-a-people/
>
> "Tonight my spiritual father, Craig Haworth,
> brought a message . . . at Living Word Chapel in
> Palmer Lake, Colorado.

Craig Haworth is Jason's 'spiritual father'??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.