Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: lily rose ()
Date: December 28, 2015 03:56AM

Yes, the LW damaged me but I reached the point where I can't stand my own vitriol. I stopped reading the posts here in order to let go of the reminders of the past. I have to let it go. I have a hope for all of us this new year, scoffers too, that each of us in our own way can be free.

The following link to a newer interpretation of the Lennon song "Watching the Wheels" sort of sums it up for me.

[www.amc.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: December 28, 2015 09:13AM

Changedagain, just for clarity, do you believe John Miller is a nephilim? I am referring to your remark that for unknown reasons Miller sits at the head of the Nephilim table. Or was your comment perhaps an outlet for latent animosity towards him? Just curious.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 28, 2015 09:46AM

LampShmamp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changedagain, just for clarity, do you believe
> John Miller is a nephilim? I am referring to your
> remark that for unknown reasons Miller sits at the
> head of the Nephilim table. Or was your comment
> perhaps an outlet for latent animosity towards
> him? Just curious.

Hi LS--
I was being facetious. I really liked and respected Miller, and felt he was cruelly treated by the Hargraves...perhaps because he was perceived as a threat to their hold on power. Miller was one of the few that lent a hand to me while I was in the dumps in TLWF. Anyway, a person I consider credible emailed me a year or so ago informing me that not only had he left the fellowship, but some in TLWF considered him a satanic channel. This was so ludicrous to me that I have had a difficult time writing about it in a serious way.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 28, 2015 10:11AM

L.S.

I am quite familiar with the Miller situation. At the time of his unceremonious removal, there was a concerted effort made throughout the fellowship to paint his exit as a choice he made in order to engage in other ‘pursuits’. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The treatment he allowed himself to endure at the hands of the leadership bordered on criminal, but being the good soldier he had always been, he believed it was for his ‘own good’. When things finally came to a head, the other shoe dropped and he was stripped of all titles and shown the door without warning.

There was an immediate damage-control campaign initiated to spin his exit otherwise. Since he had really been the hands-on face of TLW sent to put out flare-ups throughout the fellowship for decades, he was the one who had established actual relationships with the folks, and not the highly insulated and far-removed leadership who always conveyed their ‘love’ through cards and emissaries. He immediately represented the most threatening individual to the fellowship since the days of Martha. Since the ‘kingdom was relationships’, Miller had them and the leadership did not.

It took almost a year for the spin to work its way through the fellowship, with Miller in complete astonishment as to how such close relationships that had spanned decades were sh*t-canned in a moment of madness. Those who were still under the spell were forced to choke down another dose of Kool-Aid. There has been some encouraging signs in the past year of people reconnecting on various levels, but we may never see that breach completely healed in our lifetime, unless TLW undergoes a massive implosion that shakes everyone out of the fog in which they navigate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 10:13AM by kBOY.

Posted by: LampShmamp ()
Date: December 28, 2015 10:24AM

Thank you changedagain and kBOY. Glad to clear that up.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 28, 2015 01:58PM

The story of what happened to John Miller is very sad. I too, have had contact with ex-LW folks close to Miller. It is a story that reminds me of Joseph. An absolute, blinded-sided, stabbed-in-the-back treatment of him by those who swore they loved him. The G&M body-wide order to shun Miller was the icing on the cake.

Still wonder if the Living Word is toxic?

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 28, 2015 09:36PM

If things were not bad enough already in the fellowship, last Sunday’s ‘word’ should give pause to reflect. With the emphasis on suffering, perhaps that is a harbinger not so much focused on the individual, but on the fellowship as a whole. As developments further unfold, cherished paradigms are bound to be challenged.

The TRUTH first disturbs us, then we marvel at it, and finally, we reign over falsehoods which we formerly believed were true but then found wanting. The darkest part of night precedes the dawn.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 29, 2015 04:15AM

kBOY Wrote:

> There was an immediate damage-control campaign
> initiated to spin his exit otherwise.

Does Shiloh University offer a degree in damage-control? If there is one thing TLWF should be qualified to teach--it's this.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 29, 2015 04:20AM

As I think about the latest posts, about John Miller being absolutely rejected by LWF it seems to me that there were undercurrents at work, with JRS gone, the two that TOOK the thing over had the chance to pull off what they had in their hearts the whole time they Gary was screaming "YES THAT'S RIGHT" he was saying to himself, "that's till I replace you" and while Marilyn was puffing up JRS making him feel like a real king that wanted to be, she was thinking about how she would undo most of it and have it her way. Perfect twosome, Judas married Jezebel.

But you know, those two had a lot to do with the first stage of the Walk, under JRS. I venture to say that ESPECIALLY Marilyn had her little input behind lots of words that were recorded.

I have to say that when those two got total control is when the Walk lost what legitimacy that it had.

I don't think JRS intentionally twisted the scriptures to mislead and destroy, he just thought that he could not be wrong, he took too much stock in himself. But I don't think he was intentionally misleading anybody. I can't say that about Gary and Marilyn. Now Gary by himself MAY BE a little better.

I have read carefully and considered the opinions of everyone, and talked to as many people as I can find. I still have the belief that I started with when I went home from California and the Marilyn meetings.

If anyone would ask me ONE WORD that sums up the demise of that church. I would say MARILYN.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 29, 2015 12:14PM

LampShmamp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Changedagain, just for clarity, do you believe
> John Miller is a nephilim? I am referring to your
> remark that for unknown reasons Miller sits at the
> head of the Nephilim table. Or was your comment
> perhaps an outlet for latent animosity towards
> him? Just curious.

Lamp, or anybody else that might know, I am curious as to about what year did John Miller get put out of the ministry, I really liked the guy from the brief times that I met him. I met him in about 1978 or so at Shiloh. I guess that is about the year. It was way before I got exasperated with the church. I remember telling somebody when I got back home that I thought that John Miller could have been really making a lot of money ministering to college age people. And he probably could have, he was a very amiable guy, and you could tell that he had a genuine love for the Lord and and a genuine care for the people he talked with.

The reason I am asking is, that it would seem to me that when they did that to Miller, it should have caused a revolt among the people in the fellowship. From what I hear it barely caused a ripple, if anything at all.

And has anybody heard what might have happened to Brent Finny? I know that he left before I did, because Marilyn twisted a scripture at the meeting I went to in the Valley church. She said "if he had been of us, he would have never left us."
What a hard core B!T(H!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.