Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 17, 2015 12:51AM

I guess it is possible that JRS just didn’t see what was going on under him. I know for sure that often the things that he taught was twisted up in the minds of those that heard the messages and by the time those ideas were played out in the body they were totally wrong. I don’t know why JRS didn’t know that, and if he did know it why he didn’t do something about it. But that is the way it was. JRS is not altogether responsible for the abuse that went on in the churches. All in all, it was a good and bad experience, sweet and bitter, and I would have been much better off had I never experienced it. I wish I had just gone down the street to the very first church I found on the corner, no matter what kind it might have been. I would have matured much faster.

So Living Word is evolving after a century of existence into a regular, every day charismatic church. I think people that are in it should be a little less than proud of themselves, I know that I am not particularly proud of my little seven year hitch in the mess. How in the world can they think they are so cutting edge, I just will never know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 17, 2015 01:10AM

A.D.

I don’t think ‘cutting-edge’ is part of TLW’s vernacular any longer, but looking ‘acceptable’ is more of a priority, especially in view of dwindling membership and finances.

It would also be best to view your involvement in TLW without regret as part of the path you chose. Everything in this life is a lesson in LOVE, and TLW was simply one of the classes you signed up for.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 17, 2015 01:22AM

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Craig Haworth is the pastor. Perhaps looking for a
> fresh start, distancing themselves from the
> baggage of Shiloh.
>
>
>

Yes, Craig as the pastor. Sheep! Prepare for a beating !

Date: December 17, 2015 02:01AM

One thing I am wondering about. I don't know how much of the word that John brought is good and how much is not, but if they have really been interested in preserving that word for somebody, what about a youtube account and publish it that way? They have always had the mindset up till now that only a few special people could handle that word. Why not put it out there and see how it is accepted if they think it is worth anything? I think they are going to hold onto that like it is the Holy Grail until all of the elements, the plastic the paper the ink all all of it just turns to dust. What is all of that I heard all of those years about how we needed to contribute money for the preservation of those messages? Preserve John's word for who? Anybody got any idea who it is preserved for?

Date: December 17, 2015 04:48AM

OK, I am taking a break here and this time it is for sure. I am taking a little siesta till after Christmas. So you all have a merry Christmas. And NO, I am not heading out to do the ole curse Santa Claus routine, although I hope you all will consider it for next Christmas. That would be a great combination to have the second generation blowouts involved too. But that is for another time.

God bless all of you, you all are really cool, and I mean ALL of you. You all give me lots of food for thought. I am heading south right now for Christmas. Blessings to all, and to all a good night.

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 18, 2015 01:52AM

AD, CA, LR, SLC, LB, S, LS, kB and all of you other posters and readers. Blessings and peace to you all this Christmas time.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 19, 2015 07:50AM

paleface Wrote:
> AD, CA, LR, SLC, LB, S, LS, kB and all of you
> other posters and readers. Blessings and peace
> to you all this Christmas time.

You too, PF!

p.s. I'm glad we don't have a contributor here with the initials DR...or LWF

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 19, 2015 08:34AM

How about GH, MH, RH?

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 19, 2015 09:51AM

kBOY Wrote:
> How about GH, MH, RH?

ha--yes

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: December 19, 2015 03:36PM

don't forget me!! PB

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.