Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 26, 2015 02:32AM

The way I see it, Gary have to enjoy a little bit of karma, he might be ousted out by Rick, you have to remember that in Rick's veins flows royal blood.

changedagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kBOY Wrote:
> > The mediating force of the ‘holy trinity’
> > has left the scene, leaving only a
> > party of two with conflicting agendas.
>
> Yes, it's difficult to envision Rick and Gary
> amicably sharing power.
> Would either one willingly submit their ways to
> the other?
> Doubtful.
>
> p.s. Merry Christmas

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 26, 2015 03:17AM

It's important to point out that is royal blood by marriage (1980?), not by being a direct descendent of JRS. Details, schmetails . . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 03:18AM by kBOY.

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: December 26, 2015 03:22AM

The thing I'm still having a pickle of a time wrapping my head around (tongue firmly planted in cheek); Nearly all the people I know who are still in the Walk are doing something-or-other for Christmas, something that would have earned them a seat at the head of the 'Nephilim' table back in the day.

Go figure.

Date: December 26, 2015 12:47PM

The royal blood comes from Marilyn. She became the queen when she married the apostle to the Kingdom. The way I figure it, Marilyn was the main figure of the Walk when it was known that she "bonded" with JRS. I think it was Gary marrying up rather than the other way around.

Also you gotta figure that people do reap what they have sown. If Gary Hargrave toppled as many ministries as well as "little people" as I have heard he has, there is a bitter harvest coming to him. It's up to God how much he gets here, or on the other side. Same with Marilyn, and John, and all of us. No matter how big of a crown we put on their heads it don't mean squat to God.

Date: December 26, 2015 12:48PM

Besides, I don't know who Rick's daddy was.

Date: December 27, 2015 01:43AM

A.D.

MH marrying up and GH marrying up was all a part of the upward flow. RH seemed to prefer marrying down.

Date: December 27, 2015 02:35AM

Well last night's Christmas party was interesting. It was at my brother in law's house, him and his wife have always been Catholics. He HATES the current Pope, by the way and don't mind saying so. There were Methodists there, mostly staying away from the libertarians, as they are of the liberal persuasion. There were Trinitarian Pentecostals there, and there were Oneness Pentecostals there. The only clicks that formed were political, but they were slight, it was because the conversations were different, there was no shunning going on. Sometimes when we have a get together there might be a Branhamite, (follower of William Branham.)but she wasn't there last night.

Today I went to a grocery store and happened onto an elder of one of the churches I used to go to. We had a pleasant conversation.

I would like to be on speaking terms with lots of the people that I found out were still in the Living Word. I don't particularly want to attend any services with them though, as that is just my thing.

Date: December 27, 2015 04:22AM

A.D.

The Pope dynamic is most interesting. I have also crossed paths with conservative Catholics (no different than fundamentalist Christians) who have major problems with the Pope’s LOVE & INCLUSION. When doctrine is allowed to trump LOVE, LOVE is always the casualty.

One thing to the Pope’s credit is that he has been consistent all along. What he conveys now as Pope is how he has been throughout his entire Catholic ministry. He has not only re-energized a lot of the Catholic base (outside of its more conservative elements), but reinvigorated Christians as a whole and even a significant portion of the population that would not even profess to be Christian.

On the whole, he has done more by demonstration than decades of pulpit rhetoric. He has also steered clear of conveying a religious message in lieu of an all-inclusive one of simply LOVING your brother. One hopes that would sound familiar. The only ones who find fault in his walk are the ones where the Pope has stepped outside of their very exclusive and judgmental small-world paradigm.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 28, 2015 12:23AM

pbxguy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The thing I'm still having a pickle of a time
> wrapping my head around (tongue firmly planted in
> cheek); Nearly all the people I know who are still
> in the Walk are doing something-or-other for
> Christmas, something that would have earned them a
> seat at the head of the 'Nephilim' table back in
> the day.
>
> Go figure.

Once people have the liberty to engage in something that was once forbidden, they tend to go overboard. The strict Pentecostal upbringing of Tammy Faye, where women were discouraged from wearing cosmetics, probably led to her fetish for excessive makeup. The Walk's negativity toward Christmas, based on John's teaching, likely led to Rick's crazy zeal toward celebrating it. My experience of being told to shut up at church meetings, likely has led to excessive posting of amateurish opinions in various internet forums. Just a few examples...

p.s. the seat at the head of the Nephilim table is now occupied by Miller, for unknown reasons.

Date: December 28, 2015 01:12AM

Well, as we leave Christmas behind and have now entered into the celebration of the New Year, let us now stand for our anthem of freedom, another year free from the chains of the WALK.
[youtu.be]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.