Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Factoverfiction ()
Date: December 08, 2015 02:29AM

The DEAC accreditation is the 21st century equivalent of snake oil. I'm not sure if the Southern Christian (now Amherst) online degree is regionally accredited, Amherst's physical campus is now, but Shiloh U absolutely is not. Students can't even apply for student loan aid. Wondering how they can even hold a DEAC accreditation as they only have a handful of full-time faculty members. It snells fishy to say the least. Have wondered if starting a thread on Reddit would answer more questions. Given TLW's questionable history, I think they deserve a lot of scrutiny in an endeavor where even their honest mistakes can have such negative consequences on the futures of their young adults. I disagree, AD and CA. The time and money spent in the 4-5 years after H.S. are immensly important in today's job market.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: December 08, 2015 02:33AM

EDIT: Southern Christian is where Gary got his B.A. a few years ago.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 08, 2015 03:11AM

Factoverfiction Wrote:
> I disagree, AD and CA. The time and money spent in the 4-5 years after H.S.
> are immensely important in today's job market.

I agree with you.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 08, 2015 03:58AM

Information derived from anonymous sources close to the situation have stated that the cash-cow Shiloh U. would hope to be is hampered by the ridiculous workload foisted upon the students by the instructors in order to accumulate enough gravitas for accreditation. This has placed an undue burden on both students and instructors, forcing class-size to be relatively small, thus stunting significant income potential.

All other income sources mentioned previously have shrunk dramatically, including the fellowship size as a whole, with existing members of the 2nd generation retiring from higher-income jobs to more moderate fixed-incomes which will further erode the tithe base.

All of APCO support, which was previously significant, has been cutback to a bare minimum, along with previously considered facility-improvement plans at various locations.

A kingdom divided against it’s former self cannot stand.

Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 08, 2015 07:39AM

I really wish that somebody that is in the Living Word Fellowship right now, would just do a google search, or find it in the bible, anything at all about any church "bringing forth the Kingdom of God." If you find it, show us where it is. If it is in there, tell us how you intend to do that, I assume you will accomplish that feat by doing what you have already been doing all of these decades. When you see that it is NOT in there, nothing about it at all, you will realize that you have wasted your time doing something that the bible does not say that you or anybody else will do, without even knowing how you will do this thing, that you were never intended to do.

Find it and I will give you one thousand dollars.

Date: December 08, 2015 09:27AM

Found it! John 11:35.

Date: December 08, 2015 11:21AM

I think it is Matthew 5:30

Date: December 09, 2015 12:01AM

It would seem to me that if the head honcho (now) of the Living Word Fellowship got his degree from whatever place, then it would good enough for the rest of the church to get their degree from the same place. What I am getting at, is I would bet a nichol that a degree from Shiloh University costs more than the one that Gary Hargrave paid for. I just get that feeling, and it might be done with student loans.

Date: December 09, 2015 12:17AM

Keep squeezing the life and livelihood of the membership, until the base of support becomes so feeble that it can no longer support the weight of the organization. It appears Shiloh University fits perfectly into this strategy.
However, if these divinity degrees do lead to quality employment, enabling a decent standard of living for the grads (and ease at paying back the debt), I will stand corrected. The data should be interesting.

Date: December 09, 2015 01:30AM

Well I guess at least maybe the ministers will have at least some education in the Living Word Fellowship, that is a step in the right direction, as long as that education is not just learning more living word mumbo-jumbo, especially how to show their kiss-up-ability. I really don't give that much credence to any churches particular theology school program, they all created to push the agenda of that particular sects creeds. I do know that what was before, in the 1970s and early 80s was a bunch of whacked out people with no training at all. It's hard to say.

I just hate to see people pay all that money for nothing much, but then I also hate to see people work in sweatshops like the old "kingdom businesses" either for less than minimum wage or for nothing but a roof and a cot and food.

BTW, I wonder if anyone knows more of the kingdom businesses, like Golden Threads and others, what sort of pay and conditions did those workers have? The way I have always heard, even on this forum, the electric company owned by that brother did pay and function like a real business.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.