> mechanisms for control.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Living Word Fellowship, The Walk, John Robert Stevens
Posted by: Apostle Dog ()
Date: December 06, 2015 10:32AM

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 05, 2015 10:21PM

PALEFACE:

According to Woodrow Nichols’ account (JRS and The Walk), JRS had a vision in Yucaipa in Sept 1962 of Martha in a coffin, and two years later, active intercession was being directed towards her death (pgs 78-79).

You know, just going by the teaching of the one that JRS professed to be the true head of the Walk, Jesus Christ, whoever ordered that intercession to happen as well as the ones that participated in it committed murder literally, because the spiritual principle is the same as "whoever looks upon a woman with lusts already has committed adultery with her in his hears," and "whoever hates hie brother (or sister) is a murderer", I think it is pretty clear, this is literally murder.

Man we really never did read those bibles were so religiously carried around, those NEW American standards with the official Living word store bought bible covers, we never did read whole chapters, we only read the part that JRS told us to read. We did just like most church people, we only read the out of context verses that were twisted by the professional religiounists we put in Christ's place as head of the church.

Date: December 06, 2015 01:01PM

I noticed on one of the Living Word websites the names of people that had just graduated from Shiloh university, the name of someone that I knew back in the days that I went to Knoxville church for regionals. I don't know if that was this dude I knew or maybe it was his son, or maybe even a grand son by now I guess, with the same name, but anyway, I won't give the name, but he just got a "MASTER'S DEGREE" from Shiloh University. Now I read the credentials of the teachers there, and they were impressive if they are really what the website declared. I have to take it all with a grain of salt, but then they may be telling the truth. When I read that guy;s name and it was somebody that I knew or a relative of somebody I knew, that put it in a more personal light. I hope they are teaching something there other than how to be more submissive to the god or goddess of the hour.

I just can not fathom how grownup people can believe the hype even today after all of theses decades of the same stupidity. But I remember how it was in my days in the Walk, how I only listened to one guy. Even when the local elders brought a word themselves instead of putting in a John Tape and sitting down like I did mostly, the word was always about JOHN. each sermon was about JOHN, only. Man that church was not at that time a Christian church. It just was not. It was a cult and only a cult all the way through. I don't know when John Stevens finally lost all contact with reality and his ego just took over. I wish there were someone left from the FIRST generation that might type here and tell me what the thing was like, what John Stevens was like before he lost his frigging mind.

Posted by: kBOY ()
Date: December 06, 2015 10:20PM

A.D.

As each on this forum has realized, perspective is everything. Reflecting back on various paradigms we believed, and activities we engaged in, it is now easy to see how abdicating personal responsibility for rational thought can lead one down some very strange paths.

On the flip side, it is hard for one still drinking Kool-Aid to know of the benefits of kicking the habit. Like any addiction, one must come to the end of themselves before they will even consider doing an about-face. We should not be surprised by any decision the faithful will make as long as continuing to be faithful still holds some meaning.

(P.S. I have sent you a couple of private messages recently. Check your INBOX.)

Posted by: pbxguy ()
Date: December 07, 2015 01:29AM

TJs Chocolate covered almonds are the harbinger of the coming Kingdom of God. Eat with abandon.

Interesting about Shiloh U, easily classified as a huge waste of money/time that is likely only for massaging the egos of a few leaders. Young people will recover from the financial parasite of the thing, but they will be disappointed when they learn that divinity degrees are useless and that the admissions departments of universities receiving transfer students are going to say, "Shiloh who?" They say they are accredited, but I'd like to see the list of transferable courses to perhaps, Stanford, UC system, etc. Probably nil.

I'm reminded of back in 76' when we were all convinced that a college education was a waste of time because, you know, the Kingdom is going to come at any second and God is going to fry all those institutions in the blink of an eye.

I was living in a communal home with Rick Arnold (nephew of JRS), who telephoned "Uncle John" one day to ask if there was any point to going, and whether he should commit to a major at SDSU because, "isn't the kingdom going to come any second, and do I have time?". JRS told him to go right ahead and apply, saying he had plenty time.

That conversation is etched into my memory as the moment I realized it was all a big hype. So much window dressing. The supreme leader of this front-line movement of the Kingdom of God in the earth was telling his nephew that there was no reason to worry about the imminent cracking open of the gates of heaven and the final trumpets, etc. etc.

Took me another 7 years to take my exit (I can be a bit slow and dim-witted), but sure enough, John was right. The heavens have yet to crack open. It would be great to run into Rick again though. I really enjoyed his company. Good guy.

BTW, TJs Joe-joes are awesome too.

Date: December 07, 2015 02:26AM

This article says it better then the old Apostle to the Dogs can say it. I know you can't just punch on the link, just google "WARNING Signs of Spiritual Abuse, Part 2."

Warning Signs of Spiritual Abuse, Part II: Spiritual Life in God
[www.cbn.com]
We must watch for the warning signs that spiritual abuse is occuring. The confrontations ... A healthy church will exude the attitude described in Philippians 2:3-4:

Date: December 08, 2015 12:01AM

I don't think I am going to try to talk any of the current members of LWF into bugging out of their church. I do like the idea of the people that read here that are still affiliated will learn about the reality of the evolution of the church though. That basically is why I got involved with this forum. I wanted to know sort out what I still believed and what really should never have been accepted. I am doing sort of what Bruce Lee did when he decided that the style of kung fu he was in was not really all there was to it, and he broke off with tradition. He dropped what was useless and kept what was not, and he took from other arts and when he got it all together he had something really good, a style of his own, taken from the best parts of everything from collegiate wrestling, Kali, Wing Chun, boxing, you name it, he did it.

I am doing that also with the stuff I have bumped into since I left Living Word Fellowship. I am having a lot of fun hooking up with people, perhaps I might find some people that I knew back in the day, and if they are not totally brainwashed and believe that I must be a Neph for leaving, we could still be friends.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 08, 2015 12:40AM

pbxguy Wrote:

> I was living in a communal home with Rick Arnold
> (nephew of JRS), who telephoned "Uncle John" one
> day to ask if there was any point to going, and
> whether he should commit to a major at SDSU
> because, "isn't the kingdom going to come any
> second, and do I have time?". JRS told him to go
> right ahead and apply, saying he had plenty time.

So nephew Rick gets truth from John? Good for him.

'You Have Plenty of Time. The Kingdom is a Ways off'
(a message not brought by John Robert Stevens in the 70's)

note: perhaps I would have completed my college education, rather than dropping out midway through my 3rd year, had I access to the same straight info that Rick possessed. Oh well. At least my kids didn't make the same error. And they enjoy Trader Joe's. They really are enlightened!

Posted by: paleface ()
Date: December 08, 2015 12:44AM

One of the major income sources for the LW corporation was tape and book sales. I suspect those sources are rapidly drying up.

So maybe this is why Shiloh U was invented.

Posted by: changedagain ()
Date: December 08, 2015 01:33AM

paleface Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> One of the major income sources for the LW
> corporation was tape and book sales. I suspect
> those sources are rapidly drying up.
>
> So maybe this is why Shiloh U was invented.

The downside for graduates is that their degree is not valuable. The upside is that their financial contribution may help keep the Living Word corporation afloat.
I think once the truth settles in, the grads may focus more on the downside.
BTW, if these degrees land grads jobs that can provide them a decent living, I will change my attitude. I suspect it may follow the same ol' empty promise pattern that TLWF has become known for. We'll see.

p.s. these days, I rarely use the phrase 'it's a new day!'...unless I see some evidence that indicates that it could indeed be a new day. I'm very frugal with my 'new day' declarations.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.