Current Page: 2 of 3
The Sterling Institute of Relationship
Posted by: rrmoderator ()
Date: July 13, 2005 09:46PM

midiman:

There you go again.

Offering nothing but slogans and mantras memorized from Sterling.

Please understand that this board is about dialog not monolog.

I know if you disagree with Justin Sterling at his weekend you will be "shot down," to put it nicely. And if you don't shut up his people will show the door.

Here we discuss things and there is an exchange of ideas and information.

You are offering neither.

Instead, you repeat your Sterlingisms over and over again. This may pass for dialog with other Sterlingites, but it doesn't here.

Again, it is relevant to point out to people reading your posts that you don't dispute that specific information about the actual contents of the weekend is withheld from future participants and/or potential recruits, that men strip naked at Sterling events and are videotaped, nor that everyone is expected to sign a waiver relinquishing rights to their image, enforcing confidentiality and releasing Mr. Sterling from various legal liabilities.

See [www.culteducation.com]

You just offer the apology that this all about "trust."

But what the waiver actually illustrates is that Sterling doesn't "trust" he wants a signed agreement to protect himself and gain the upper hand.

It seems like you are not thinking critically or analytically at this point.

Some of the complaints about Sterling have observed that the weekend and its subsequent follow-up activities amounts to "brainwashing" and that the net result is being stuck in a Sterling loop, unable to think independently.

Being a "powerful" person is about thinking for yourself, not reciting Sterling's slogans and mantras over and over again.

You are not offering board members much here.

Read the material and think things through for yourself independently.

You might take a "mens meetings" vacation and sit down with a licensed mental health professional (clinical psychologist or psychiatrist) who knows something about LGATs and determine why they are so controversial and seen as potentially unsafe.

Again, see [www.culteducation.com]

This will give some basics to consider.

If you don't have something new to post please don't bother with the Sterling repeating your Sterling rant again. Repeating it over and over again doesn't make it true, at least not here and/or outside the little Sterling bubble you seem to be living within.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: friend ()
Date: August 01, 2005 06:57AM

When I read mdiman's postings, it sounded all too familiar. My husband was involved in Sterling for many years, and so many of the "programmed" replies this man is giving to defend the group are familiar. He just doesn't realize how brainwashed he really is. I'd like to shed some light on what really goes on at these weekends, especially since he's claiming that women are never spoken badly about. I know, for instance, that at one point the men are encouraged to vent about the women in their lives, calling them f------ c---- and f------ b------ (very loudly). I'm sure anyone can fill in the blanks here. The men are also told to "abandon love" because women are incapable of it. They only want a man for his money. The men are told that the women should be 100% responsible for the relationship. Men are not capable of dealing with the relationship. I've heard all the crap about how the men are recruited into this group by being told they will learn to be the man they always wanted to be. All that happens during this weekend is that the men are broken down psychologically through exhaustion and yelling, they are told to expose very intimate details about themselves, and then they are made to feel better through being able to talk with other men and bond with them. And, of course, they are given all the secrets to having the perfect relationship. It is a classic excercise in brainwashing, and the men don't even know it's happening to them. I actually feel sorry for mdiman because he really doesn't realize how his own thoughts and ideas about life and relationships have been displaced by those of an idiot who was abusive in his own relationship with his wife and child. All Justin Sterling wants is to make more money and buy more homes for himself, so he's laughing all the way to the bank. The stories about marriages and children being saved is laughable. I know at least three marriages with children that were broken up due to this group, and one that is struggling.

Date: August 01, 2005 07:05AM

When I read mdiman's postings, it sounded all too familiar. My husband was involved in Sterling for many years, and so many of the "programmed" replies this man is giving to defend the group are familiar. He just doesn't realize how brainwashed he really is. I'd like to shed some light on what really goes on at these weekends, especially since he's claiming that women are never spoken badly about. I know, for instance, that at one point the men are encouraged to vent about the women in their lives, calling them f------ c---- and f------ b------ (very loudly). I'm sure anyone can fill in the blanks here. The men are also told to "abandon love" because women are incapable of it. They only want a man for his money. The men are told that the women should be 100% responsible for the relationship. Men are not capable of dealing with the relationship. I've heard all the crap about how the men are recruited into this group by being told they will learn to be the man they always wanted to be. All that happens during this weekend is that the men are broken down psychologically through exhaustion and yelling, they are told to expose very intimate details about themselves, and then they are made to feel better through being able to talk with other men and bond with them. And, of course, they are given all the secrets to having the perfect relationship. It is a classic excercise in brainwashing, and the men don't even know it's happening to them. I actually feel sorry for mdiman because he really doesn't realize how his own thoughts and ideas about life and relationships have been displaced by those of an idiot who was abusive in his own relationship with his wife and child. All Justin Sterling wants is to make more money and buy more homes for himself, so he's laughing all the way to the bank. The stories about marriages and children being saved is laughable. I know at least three marriages with children that were broken up due to this group, and one that is struggling.

Posted by: Concerned Oz ()
Date: August 01, 2005 06:10PM

MDIMan,

You quoted the mission statement:
"The Purpose of Men's Divisions International
To inspire every man to be the man he has always wanted to be,
[b:c9174c9acf]so that his love of humanity[/b:c9174c9acf] will drive him to leave a legacy
that assures the success of future generations"

Where is the love of humanity in your accusations?

Oz

Posted by: elena ()
Date: August 03, 2005 08:37AM

Concerned Oz
MDIMan,

You quoted the mission statement:
"The Purpose of Men's Divisions International
To inspire every man to be the man he has always wanted to be,
[b:14522c53e6]so that his love of humanity[/b:14522c53e6] will drive him to leave a legacy
that assures the success of future generations"

Where is the love of humanity in your accusations?

Oz

Hi there Oz,

LOL....

You're barking up the wrong tree if you are looking for a "human" in this picture! They are "lizards" (sociopaths) and they use the "idea" of humanity against us ordinary humans. Plus, they must all have a good laugh about it at the end of the day. There are just some people who get their kicks when they tickle the reptilian part of their brain, (or meet their status or dominance needs), by putting one over on a "dupe" or a "mark." They score psychic points and affirm or reaffirm their own superiority (to themselves).

We see them as monsters. They see us as fools. Or sheep to be shorn.

Ellen

Date: August 04, 2005 05:13AM

I find it interesting that mdiman has not responded again. Perhaps he's afraid that more truth about what goes on at Sterling will be exposed here. I've been waiting for another response so that I can do just that. Elena has some good points. If you've seen the movie, "Stepford Wives", that is basically the kind of relationship that a Sterling man is taught to aspire to (without the humor that the movie give us, of course).

Date: August 04, 2005 05:51AM

Friend:

Don't expect a response from mdiman. He has been banned for attempting to post flames and start a flame war.

Midiman waslittle more than a troll.

Posted by: ULTAWARE ()
Date: August 04, 2005 11:43AM

mdiman,

You are fully up in it - in a tom Cruise kinda way, eh?...Good for you! (???) Are you on Sterling's media board?

PAX

Posted by: Wowwoman ()
Date: September 11, 2006 07:27AM

To whom it may concern, I thought this post was about a man concerned about a women he was dating. instead it is about MDI hating.

If you are involved with someone that becomes involed with sterling and you don't want any part of tell them that you are not interested in the weekend. If they stop being your friend then you will be better off with out them.

Recrutement is pushed very hard in Sterling and some people will leave for that reason only.

You can tell you friend that you are concerned for them and they can tell you why they are there and that can ease your concernes.

Date: September 11, 2006 08:06PM

Anyone interested in a better understanding of Sterling should look back on this thread and follow the links up in previous posts.

Sterling and its teachings have generated very serious complaints and broken up relationships.

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.